musings from 15-09-12 mozilla carnival .

1 view

shirish शिरीष

Sep 16, 2012, 3:03:55 AM9/16/12
to mozilla-india
Hi all,

I'm feeling lazy and hence instead of putting a blog post decided to
share my musings on the mailing list . Due to some stuff to do, was
able to come and attend in the afternoon. I was able to see only three
presentations :-

a. Soumya Deb/Debloper's take on 16 sins a webmaster shouldn't do (all
to do how URI's/URL's should be) . I know there was a fancy term for
the whole thing but the fact was it was as said above. While I do
disagree on some of the points he made as well as him not being able
to be clear

b. Answesh's short and sweet presentation on 'about:config' . While I
have done all the tweaks years before that he outlined yesterday, I
was looking for some more depth and it would have been interesting to
pick his brain on some things but guess that's for another day.

c. Sayak and Soumya's partner presentation about community and the hg
and github codebases. I wish they had gone a bit more in the depth as
Soumya did show a patch which he had put sometime ago and the
discussions around it but just showed it. Wish he had spent sometime
and people came to know the deliberations or/and arguments that goes
in sometimes. I guess they were too tired as all of them had been busy
since morning networking, sharing etc.

One thing I noticed was lot of tweeting and facebooking happening
during the sessions, I don't wanna delve whether that is/was good or
bad just that it was happening.

That's all for now, sorry no pics. All the actors (means speakers) as
well as loads of participants clicked pictures so I'm sure in a day or
two there would be an album or two on the net somewhere.

Looking forward to various presentations (pdf's or .odp's either on
the mailing list or some centralized localization.)

That's all for now.
--
Regards,
Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल

shirish शिरीष

Sep 16, 2012, 3:05:56 AM9/16/12
to mozilla-india
addition at bottom :-

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM, shirish शिरीष <shiri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking forward to various presentations (pdf's or .odp's either on
> the mailing list or some centralized localization.)
>
> That's all for now.

Please CC me as I'm in constant information overload (even with labels
and filters) and hence shut off mail delivery from the mailing list
and usually read the web archives something like once a month for any
interesting conversations.

Saurabh Shah

Sep 17, 2012, 9:05:19 PM9/17/12
to shirish शिरीष, mozilla-india
Shirish,
I wish you could have taken any talk as i see from your comments that you
have so much of knowledge in all. Next time we will notify you earlier when
we plan for next event. I would love to see you talking.

Thanks and regards,
Saurabh Shah

shirish शिरीष

Sep 18, 2012, 10:22:01 AM9/18/12
to Saurabh Shah, mozilla-india
in-line :-

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Saurabh Shah <shahsau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shirish,
Saurabh,

> I wish you could have taken any talk as i see from your comments that you
> have so much of knowledge in all. Next time we will notify you earlier when
> we plan for next event. I would love to see you talking.

I do know about knowledge but have been a Mozilla Firefox/Iceweasel
user from day 1 (and actually even before in its earlier Avatar with
the Netscape series.)

So sure, I did have two-three ideas, just depends on the venue and
time and things.

On another note though I do hope the speakers do add their
presentations on the community-mailing list either by attaching it or
sharing it at some site or/and file-sharing site or something.

I do see that Mr. Rajesh Ranjan (kudos!) is the only one so far who
has given links to his presentation (sorry, missed that one :( ) .
Maybe it's being listed on the wiki somewhere in which case a link for
the same would be nice.

<snipped>