Handling command key on macs in events

bootle

Jul 25, 2010, 6:26:44 PM7/25/10
to MooTools Users
Hey guys,

I have an interface that uses ajax to load internal links, but also
want to enable control/command-click when someone wants to open the
link in a new tab.
There's an event property event.control which works fine on windows,
but for the command key I had to add something like:

var cmdown = false;

window.addEvent('keydown', function(e){
if(e.code == 224){
cmdown = true;
}
});
window.addEvent('keyup', function(e){
if(e.code == 224){
cmdown = false;
}
});

Now, is there a better / native way to handle this?

Maybe just event.control should also == true when command is pressed?

Cheers

Aaron Newton

Jul 25, 2010, 8:25:49 PM7/25/10
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
event.meta is the mac key. so do if (event.meta || event.control) ...

bootle

Jul 26, 2010, 7:50:58 AM7/26/10
to MooTools Users
Ok, I didn't know command is an equivalent of meta key, good to know

Thanks!