Presentation idea

1 view

hugo...@hotmail.com

Apr 21, 2008, 11:09:06 AM4/21/08
to MontrealPython
Hi all,

I'd like to suggest an idea for a presentation: building physical
objects with Python. Here's the plan:

- Introdution to milling machines, CNC and gcode.
- Overview of EMC2 and AXIS, the open source control program
(linuxcnc.org).
- My very simple Python library to generate tool paths from simple
geometric shapes.
- Demo: Converting SVG paths from skencil to gcode, and engraving. I
have a small machine I can bring along (www.sherline.com).

Yannick Gingras

Apr 21, 2008, 11:21:53 AM4/21/08
to montrea...@googlegroups.com
hugo...@hotmail.com writes:

That would be a great presentation. Can you get a talk into shape for
the next meeting or do you need more time. As far as I know, no
speaker is confirmed yet for the next meeting.

--
Yannick Gingras

Éric St-Jean

Apr 21, 2008, 12:42:06 PM4/21/08
to montrea...@googlegroups.com
indeed!
something around 30-45 minutes. And bringing a physical machine is even
better!

--
Éric St-Jean, Montréal Python