Which DBRef to use? Is mongokit's outdated?

Christopher Allan Webber

May 17, 2011, 8:47:47 AM5/17/11
to mong...@googlegroups.com
I'm a bit puzzled by the state of dbref :)

- http://namlook.github.com/mongokit/structure.html says to use
pymongo.dbref.DBRef
- http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Database+References says "The old
BSON DBRef datatype is deprecated."
- http://api.mongodb.org/python/1.11/api/pymongo/dbref.html?highlight=dbref
says pymongo.dbref is deprecated, use bson.dbref

Well I guess I may have to use pymongo.dbref.DBRef even if it's outdated
because that's what mongokit seems to want, but I'm wondering if that's
because mongokit is out of date and I should file a bug? But the
difference between the official mongodb docs and the pymongo docs is
confusing me.

Thanks in advance!
- Christopher Allan Webber

--
http://dustycloud.org/

Nicolas Clairon

May 17, 2011, 9:52:04 AM5/17/11
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You might right. I did had the time to bring MongoKit on top of the
latest pymongo version (1.11).
I'll fix that next time I have time to work on MongoKit (don't worry,
the project is still active and I use it every days).

https://github.com/namlook/mongokit/issues/51

N.

Christopher Webber

May 17, 2011, 10:24:05 AM5/17/11
to MongoKit
Great to hear. We're using mongokit in http://mediagoblin.org and I
really like it, and was worried about what looks like inactivity on
the list.

I've created #mongokit on irc.freenode.net if you'd consider joining
that; questions about mongokit in #mongodb don't generally seem very
welcome, sadly. I'll happily transfer ownership over to you if you
join the channel.

Nicolas Clairon

May 17, 2011, 10:43:09 AM5/17/11
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Nice project !

Unfortunately, I can't access to IRC where I work but I made a Convore
room so everyone can ask question and discuss easily :

https://convore.com/mongokit/

N.