Map/Reduce parallelism with Master/Slave

Justin Thomas

Jan 20, 2011, 11:27:23 AM1/20/11
to mongodb-user
If you have a simple setup for master/slave pre-sharding are the map/
reduce jobs parallelized to all the slaves? Or in the case you have a
replica set does it parallelized to all the machines in the replica
set or is it just by shard?

Nat

Jan 20, 2011, 11:50:45 AM1/20/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Previously it never runs in slaves. The behavior will change to be able to run on slave with http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-2286 but I doubt it will use all slaves. I believe it should just pick a machine in each replica to do the job.