excessive messages in mongod's log

Addie Sze

Apr 6, 2011, 3:00:34 PM4/6/11
to mongodb-user
Hi,

I'm currently using mongodb 1.8.0 in an authenticated replica set
configuration with
2 servers and one arbiter.

The servers run fine; however, I am seeing a lot of warning messages
in the log.
quiet configuration setting dosen't help.

Anyway to suppress these messages?

Thanks,
Addie

.
.
Wed Apr 6 14:54:11 [rs Manager] Server::doWork task:rs Manager
exception:unauthorized db:local lock type:2 client:(NONE)
Wed Apr 6 14:54:13 [rs Manager] replset msgReceivedNewConfig version:
version: 2
Wed Apr 6 14:54:13 [rs Manager] replSet info saving a newer config
version to local.system.replset
Wed Apr 6 14:54:13 [rs Manager] Server::doWork task:rs Manager
exception:unauthorized db:local lock type:2 client:(NONE)
Wed Apr 6 14:54:15 [rs Manager] replset msgReceivedNewConfig version:
version: 2
Wed Apr 6 14:54:15 [rs Manager] replSet info saving a newer config
version to local.system.replset
Wed Apr 6 14:54:15 [rs Manager] Server::doWork task:rs Manager
exception:unauthorized db:local lock type:2 client:(NONE)
Wed Apr 6 14:54:17 [rs Manager] replset msgReceivedNewConfig version:
version: 2
Wed Apr 6 14:54:17 [rs Manager] replSet info saving a newer config
version to local.system.replset
.
.
.

Vince

Apr 27, 2011, 6:14:39 AM4/27/11
to mongodb-user
I have exactly the same problem. I did a rs.reconfig on the master and
all the slaves started to throw this error. Also rs.conf() on slaves
show that they are still using the old configuration.

Could anyone help on this ?

thanks

Eliot Horowitz

Apr 28, 2011, 1:54:37 AM4/28/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
You're running into this bug:

https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-2919

Doug Mayer

May 24, 2011, 11:01:28 PM5/24/11
to mongodb-user
Is there any existing workaround for this? I see the bug has been
fixed in the yet-unreleased 1.8.2, but there are no details on how it
might be worked around in 1.8.1, and the commits with the fix don't
give much help on what one might be.

Eliot Horowitz

May 25, 2011, 3:11:37 AM5/25/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
No workaround at the moment.
You can try 1.8.2-rc2, or wait for 1.8.2 which should be in the next week.