Error message : couldn't send query: No error [php]

Aurelien B.

Aug 30, 2011, 6:04:01 AM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
I have regularly a strange error with my local installation:
exception 'MongoCursorException' with message 'couldn't send query:
No error' in path/to/file/which/query

This is with PHP.

I use Windows 7 - 64 bits (both windows & mongo).
Currently with 2.0 rc 2, but I had also this bug with previous
version.

A first point to dive, I have this bug if :
- I shutdown the mongodb server (mongod),
- then I start this mongodb server (mongod)
- then refreshing the application page (not always).

I use persistent connection, there is maybe a link...

Robert Bell - Limeworks

Aug 30, 2011, 6:51:16 AM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
I was getting some intermittent "MongoCursorException" errors just as
you describe, however i recall it was a "broken pipe" message.

Nevertheless, i upgraded both MongoDB and the PHP Driver to the latest
versions and it went away.
However i'm running on Ubuntu Linux so it may be unrelated.

Rob

Sam Millman

Aug 30, 2011, 6:58:10 AM8/30/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Try downgrading to a stable release and see if the bug persists.

If it persists then we know it is something other than the 2.0rc

Sam Millman

Aug 30, 2011, 6:59:57 AM8/30/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Ok I didn't see that:

"but I had also this bug with previous
version."

Are you using the Windows 7 driver and mongo? Or are you VMing it in Linux or something?

What language driver are you using?

Aurelien B.

Aug 30, 2011, 8:30:38 AM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
Windows 7 and php driver for windows. ( = no VM).
I use mongodb php driver 1.1.4. Maybe this bug will go away with more
recent version but I didnt see that in recent changelog.

On 30 août, 12:59, Sam Millman <sam.mill...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I didn't see that:
>
> "but I had also this bug with previous
> version."
>
> Are you using the Windows 7 driver and mongo? Or are you VMing it in Linux
> or something?
>
> What language driver are you using?

Kristina Chodorow

Aug 30, 2011, 11:36:12 AM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
The driver got more aggressive about reconnecting in 1.2. If a
connection is dropped, it will still have to throw an exception
sometimes, but it will be more proactive about reconnecting.

Aurelien B.

Aug 30, 2011, 11:50:56 AM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
Ok so I will go on 1.2 and come back if I find same bug.

Aurelien B.

Aug 30, 2011, 11:55:41 AM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
Is the last version (1.2.4) working also with php 5.2.x ?
Because archive contain only php5.3 dll.
Did you stop dev for 5.2 ?

Kristina Chodorow

Aug 30, 2011, 3:56:35 PM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
Ah, no, we stopped doing Windows builds Window builds for 5.2.

On Aug 30, 11:55 am, "Aurelien B." <aurelien.beltr...@gmail.com>

Nicolas KERMARC

Sep 6, 2011, 8:41:09 PM9/6/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
I am experiencing the same problem, but not all the time. Tried on 2.0.0-rc1 and 1.8.3, it's the same. I'm running the last 1.2.4 driver on ubuntu 11.04 server

Kristina Chodorow

Sep 7, 2011, 3:05:18 PM9/7/11
to mongodb-user
Can you reproduce this? Can you write a script that causes this
error? Or can you narrow down what functions throw this for you?