Remove shard : unauthorized db:config

Kaim

Feb 27, 2012, 6:33:46 AM2/27/12
to mongodb-user
Hi all

I have a little pb when moving all my chunk to another shard, I did a
removed shard, and now it's on draining mode
But I got thoses errors on my config server :
[conn31] assertion 10057 unauthorized db:config lock type:-1
and this on my mongos :
[Balancer] moveChunk result: { assertion: "field not found, expected
type 2", assertionCode: 13111, errmsg: "db assertion failure", ok:
0.0 }

All my cluster is running with a keyfile, the same for all, and I'm
using last mongodb version 2.0.2
Any idea?

Kaim

Greg Studer

Feb 27, 2012, 11:33:09 AM2/27/12
to mongodb-user
Have you managed to move chunks at all, or is this something that just
came up? Seems right now like this is an authentication failure, but
it's not clear why you'd get a problem at this stage...

Kaim

Feb 27, 2012, 12:33:30 PM2/27/12
to mongodb-user
I had a shard database with shard0000 as primary. The database
contained only one chunk.
My error occured when I tried to remove shard0000, when balancer tried
to move database to shard0001

Greg Studer

Feb 27, 2012, 3:22:01 PM2/27/12
to mongodb-user
Can you query the cluster, specifically data on shard0000, with the
same mongos that is driving the balancing (or all mongoses)? The
second step would be to double-check that the keyfile is definitely
identical between shard0000 and the config servers.

If you verify both these things, does restarting shard0000 allow you
to migrate the data? Assuming there's no keyfile mismatch, I'd open a
server or support ticket with the mongod logs so we can look into this
more.

Kaim

Feb 28, 2012, 4:39:09 AM2/28/12
to mongodb-user
I can do queries on datas yes.
For the keyfile I already checked it and it's the same on all node.

I restarted all my cluster and now it works...
I got the same problem in the past with a replicat set. rs.add()
didn't worked and I had to restart my secondary mongod to use keyfile.

Greg Studer

Mar 1, 2012, 10:46:36 AM3/1/12
to mongodb-user
glad you're back up, but opened a ticket to track this for the future
- SERVER-5124