spdy on opensuse

nick robinson

Apr 19, 2012, 1:01:45 PM4/19/12
to mod-spdy-discuss
I have this running on opensuse 12.1. I will recap my steps here in
case anyone else wants to get it working on that distro, this won't be
the best way to do it so please feel free to improve it.

download the mod_spdy rpm

rpm2cpio ./mod-spdy-beta_current_x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv
cd usr/lib64/httpd/modules/
cp * /usr/lib64/apache2/
cd etc/httpd/conf.d
cp spdy.conf /etc/apache2/
cd /usr/lib64/apache2-prefork
mv mod_ssl.so mod_ssl.orig *****yes ugly i know, im sure you can
just load the correct module without changing mod_ssl, but hey
ln -s ../apache2/mod_ssl_with_npn.so mod_ssl.so

cd /etc/sysconfig
vi apache2

change this line (31)
APACHE_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES="spdy.conf"

and this (67)
APACHE_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_file authz_host
authz_groupfile authz_default authz_user autoindex cgi dir env expires
include log_config mime negotiation setenvif ssl userdir php5 spdy"

save exit, then

vi /etc/apache2/spdy.conf

change this line (1)

LoadModule spdy_module /usr/lib64/apache2/mod_spdy.so

save exit and then

rcapache2 restart

obviously just remove the '64' bit off of lib if you are using 32bit
system.