Reviews of evidence which indicates harm from non-thermal radiation

news....@googlemail.com

Aug 15, 2009, 2:58:43 AM8/15/09
Reviews of evidence which indicates harm from non-thermal radiation
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/5878826/

The information below has been sent from a WEEP News reader living in Toronto:

Martin Weatherall

As a result of the environmental sensitivities, I also cannot use the telephone for more than a few minutes, or be around wireless technology (cell-phones, cell antennas, cordless phones, wireless computer networks or smart meters) without suffering sometimes debilitating symptoms that can take days to clear up.

A woman named Karen (I have not caught her last name) who I have been in communication with in the past about my security deposit, left a disturbing message on my machine a couple of weeks ago, expressing a shocked disbelief about my severe reactions to chemicals as I had never discussed that with her. She was aware that I am in receipt of ODSP (due to being disabled). I don’t remember if the nature of my disability was discussed or if it was even relevant in those discussions. I have however discussed them in detail with at least a couple of other Hydro people when I started the account in my name and have done follow-ups regarding my readings.

Karen also proceeded to say that the smart meters have less EMF than the regular meters. What she does not understand about that and my objection to a smart meter, is that the wireless signal carries a great distance and EMF drops off after a few feet. As my meter is in the basement, the EMF are not a concern to me, but the wireless would affect me even from the neighbours (if I had any). Also, the technology is different. EMF and wireless are not the same thing. (see the 1st link below for more detailed information)

Due to my disability, I cannot allow people who use petro-chemical products on their bodies or clothing into my home, nor can I co-exist with wireless technology, just like someone who is allergic to peanuts cannot live in a house made of peanuts, have furnishings made of peanuts or allow guests in who are eating peanuts.

Therefore, I officially request that unless Hydro can find someone who is chemical-free* to do the reading(s), that you accept my phoned-in readings and understand that although I do try my best, I might make a mistake, but that it should be corrected without a huge to-do over it.

(* The meter reading person cannot just say they are chemical free, their product use needs to be discussed and approved by email, as most people really don’t have a clue, thinking if they don’t apply perfume or cologne that they are scent-free, which is not the case, and also, many chemicals that do not have any scent are still disabling - carbon monoxide and radon for example as everyone has heard of them)

Also, I request that Hydro does not make an attempt to replace my non wireless meter with a wireless one which would subject me to disabling and unbearable symptoms 24/7  in my home, which is the only place I can be without a constant worsening of symptoms.

Some kind of a safe solution needs to be found for the growing number of ElectroHyperSensitive people in this province, country, and the rest of the world. Sweden recognizes and accommodates the condition, creating safe spaces for the affected. Ontario and Canada recognize ES, but so far dignified accommodation is lacking.

I look forward to a timely and dignified resolution to these issues.

regards, ----------

See

http://weepinitiative.org/
and
http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/legislation_policies/policy_environ_politique-en.asp?lang_update=1
and
http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/issues/disability

Here is Toronto Hydro's 1st response to my letter regarding the smart meters etc.

I've resolved the meter reading issue by sending them photos of my meter (which is indoors). The best they could do is offer to use coveralls for whoever came, but couldn't guarantee the chemical safety of the coveralls.

Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:13:23 -0400
From: Cont...@torontohydro.com
Subject: Re: re hydro bill and human rights issues

Dear , -------------

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding radiation emitted from smart meters.

We have reviewed your concerns and we are providing a response herein.

The installation of smart meters is an initiative that has been mandated to all electrical local distribution companies in Ontario, by the Ministry of Energy. The government has mandated that smart meters will be installed in all homes including condos and businesses across the province by year-end 2010.  For more information regarding the Ministry of Energy's initiative, we have provided to you a hyper-link.

The key initiatives of the provincial government are to have consumers in Ontario shift and conserve the energy usage.  Smart meters are a critical part of the strategy to build a culture of conservation that will enable us to reduce electricity use at peak times, and will contribute substantially to environmental initiatives such as taking coal fired generation plants off-line.  The long-term rewards could lead to a majority of green energy sources, as well a stable and reliable electricity infrastructure.

With respect to the emission of radio frequency from the smart meter system, tests and calculations conducted by the product vendor demonstrate that radio frequency emissions are less than one tenth of the City of Toronto safety recommendations, and more than a thousand times less than the Health Canada Safety Code 6 guideline.  For more information, we have provided a hyper-link to Health Canada's website.

Furthermore, smart meters actually broadcast for very brief periods of time at infrequent intervals, and the emissions from the meter diminish rapidly within a few centimeters of the front of the meter. The meters operate in total for approximately 10 minutes of each day.

Ms. , we trust that this helps with your inquiry. If further information is required, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at (416) 542-8000, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding statutory holidays) or email us at cont...@torontohydro.com.

Yours truly,

Toronto Hydro Electric System
Customer Care Operation
ContactUs E-mail processing center
Cont...@torontohydro.com
416-542-8000

"Receive and pay your hydro bills online with our new eBilling service!"
Visit us at www.torontohydro.com/eBills

[ http://omega.twoday.net/search?q=smart+meters ]

omega_news

Aug 25, 2009, 3:30:57 AM8/25/09
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter - EMF-Omega-News
Letter to the Minister of Health for Canada