Carrigaline, Co Cork's Health Centre's mast vastly exceeds rec. number of antennae

news....@googlemail.com

May 20, 2009, 8:37:48 AM5/20/09
I have unearthed even more disturbing facts about Carrigaline's new
Health Centre to be built cheek-by-jowl with an existing communciations
mast. This mast has almost double the number of recommended antennae
and that may very well be why an application by Meteor in late January
2009 to Cork Planning Authorities at Cork County Coucil, was withdrawn
by Meteor within two months of its application. Its letter to Cork
County Council (Planning Division) stating its intention to withdraw is
dated 04.03.2009 and its application was formally withdrawn on 06.03.09.
Last Monday, I consulted its (Meteor's) inactive file in the Planning
Authority of Cork County Council and found two very insightful letters
of objection there lodged by two families who live close to the
mast. The text of the two letters of objection is in the accompanying
attachments. To protect the identities of these families, I have omitted
their names--although this information is now in the public domain and
can be accessed by anyone who reads the file.

It is diconcerting to say the least that no local representatives appear
to have even noticed that the number of antennae on this mast was
shockingly over the limit and then to give the go-ahead for it to share
the same acreage with a Health Centre is lunacy.

We have local elections coming up here in early June, so now is an
opportune time to focus candidates' attention on this gross situation
where a Health Authority has been given the go-ahead to build a Health
Centre mere feet from a huge, over-the-limit-with-antennae mast. I will
be alerting a generous number of candidates to this issue. Cathy
Sinnott, MEP, is of course our very best advocate on the EHS issue and
speaking up for us in the EU on the risks of exposure to electromagnetic
fields. She will certainly be getting my support for re-election and I
would encourage all others who are eligible to vote and who are alarmed
by how negligent most local politicians are about the health dangers of
masts and other technologies to do the same.

Best,
Imelda, Cork/Carrigaline, Co. Cork

Image0003.JPG
Image0004.JPG
Message has been deleted

omega_news

May 22, 2009, 6:47:14 AM5/22/09
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter - EMF-Omega-News
Carrigaline Health Centre a political issue in forthcoming election

Below is my emailed letter to Kathy Sinnott, one of my local MEPs. We
are very grateful for all she has done for us on the EHS issue and
hope all who can influence in some way her successful re-election will
do so. My email below to Kathy on this appalling situation where an
over-brimming-with-antennae mast cosyies up to the approved new
Carrigaline Health centre contains (in the CC) the email addresses of
the two senior Irish governmental officials-- Una Ni Dhubhghaill and
Gary McGuinn--who deal with Environmental Radiation Policy here and
they are also listed in that capacity on the WHO website.

I am pointing out this in case any of our supporters wish to make
contact with them.

Perhaps it should also be noted that the town's very popular
Carrigaline Court Hotel is situated directly across the street from
this mast! And perhaps I should now go and reread Henrik Ibsen's
gripping play "An Enemy of the People|" because I may soon feel/
experience what his protagonist did!

Imelda O'Connor
Carrigaline, Co. Cork

From: imeldaoconnor(at)hotmail.com
To: kathy.sinnott(at)europarl.europa.eu
CC: briancrowley(at)europarl.europa.eu; cburke(at)colmburke.eu;
john.gormley(at)oireachtas.ie; simon.coveney(at)oir.ie;
cllrseamusmcgrath(at)eircom.net; jacwps(at)eircom.net; deirdreforde(at)
eircom.net; una.nidhubhghaill(at)environ.ie; gary.mcguinn(at)
environ.ie; cjcolbert(at)eircom.net; dorotheekrien(at)gmail.com; info
(at)cummins-ins.ie; star.mail(at)online.de

Subject: Carrigaline Health Centre's mast vastly exceeds rec. number
of antennae

Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:31:39 +0000

Dear Kathy:

First, I wish to thank you for your wonderful initiate in co-authoring
that recent written declaration (no 47/2009) on the risks of exposure
to electromagnetic fields. As you are our very best political advocate
on the EHS (electrohypersensitivity) issue and especially for speaking
up for us in the EU, I am addressing this email primarily to you but
of course the alarming facts about the proposed new Health Centre in
Carrigaline being adjacent to a mast heaving with antennae should be
of vital political concern to all other political aspirants who
receive this email.

Earlier this week, I unearthed even more disturbing facts about
Carrigaline's new Health Centre to be built cheek-by-jowl with an
existing communciations mast. The mast has almost double the number of
recommended antennae and that may very well be why an application by
Meteor, in late January 2009, to Cork Planning Authorities at Cork
County Coucil, was withdrawn by Meteor within two months of its
application. Its letter to Cork County Council (Planning Division)
stating its intention to withdraw is dated 04.03.2009 and its
application was formally withdrawn on 06.03.09. Last Monday, I
consulted its (Meteor's) inactive file in the Planning Authority of
Cork County Council and found two very insightful letters of objection
lodged by two families who live close to the mast. The text of the two
letters of objection is in the accompanying attachments. To protect
the identities of these families, I have omitted their names--although
this information is now in the public domain and can be accessed by
anyone who reads the file.

It is diconcerting that no local political or health representatives
appear to have even noticed that the number of antennae on this mast
was shockingly over the limit and then to give the go-ahead for it to
share the same acreage with a Health Centre is lunacy.

With local elections scheduled for early June, now is an opportune
time to focus the attention of all who aspire to represent our--the
voters--concerns on this gross situation where a Health Authority has
been given the go-ahead to build a Health Centre mere feet from a
huge, over-the-limit-with-antennae mast.

Of course, I will be giving my vote to those who take our issue of EHS
very seriously, such as you do, Kathy.

Good luck in June.

Best Wishes,

Imelda O'Connor