The Precautionary Principle in the Context of Mobile,Phone and Base Station Radiofrequency Exposures

1 view

news....@googlemail.com

May 20, 2009, 11:16:12 AM5/20/09
noname.html

news....@googlemail.com

May 26, 2009, 4:17:13 PM5/26/09
to mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com

From: contac...@niehs.nih.gov
To: JCMPe...@aol.com
Sent: 5/26/2009 2:08:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: RE: Potential Health Effects of Mobile and Base Station
Radiofrequency Exposures

Joanne,

Thank you for your comments about the need for more research and
public education on the potential health effects from exposures to
radiofrequency emissions from mobile phones and base stations. I
have forwarded your concerns to other NIEHS staff members, and we
agree that more information about the potential risks associated
with exposure to these radiofrequency emissions would enable the
general public to make more informed decisions about their personal
exposures. We are in the process of reviewing the current literature
on the health effects associated with these radiofrequency exposures
in order to determine what information should be included on a
future web page. Thanks again for bringing this important issue to
our attention!

John Peterson

Office of Communications