Query on building XDMS from SIP Presence codebase

Koteswararao

Jan 7, 2011, 7:22:36 AM1/7/11
to mobicents-public, Kotes...@hcl.com
Hi,

I have downloaded codebase of Mobicents SIP Presence service from
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/servers/sip-presence/.

Used "ant build-xdms" command to build XDMS from source code. I am new
to using this codebase. My requirement is: I need to create/add new
app usages like PCC, CAB, CAP (as per OMA standard). I could able to
build xdms locally and deployed to JAIN SLEE server.

After this, I modified some code of XDMS server. While building these
changes, I observed that "ant build-xdms" command is not building from
local source code. It is preparing XDM binaries by using libraries
(jar files) from repository. This command is not at all building XDMS
component from local codebase.

Can someone help why the build script has been written in such a way
that it is building XDM server component using binaries (jar
libraries) from repository (local maven repository) instead of
building jar files by compiling local XDM source.

Thanks
Koteswararao.

Eduardo Martins

Jan 7, 2011, 7:36:50 AM1/7/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Kotes...@hcl.com
Hi, you're the second person in short time trying to build a release
of XDMS with same and wrong ant "target", so may I ask where did you
get instructions to use "ant build-xml"? To make a XDMS release use
"ant release-xdms", build-xdms is responsible only for compiling code
and building jars.

Btw, the looks are wrong, even if Maven downloads jars, it will
compile and use local code, dunno exactly why it is this way,
hopefully Maven 3 improves that, either by not downloading or making
we fix what is wrong.

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://redhat.com/solutions/telco

Eduardo Martins

Jan 7, 2011, 7:38:27 AM1/7/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Kotes...@hcl.com
Also, regarding the XCAP App Usages, if you are interested I can
review the app usages and incorporate in SVN.

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://redhat.com/solutions/telco

koteswararao kollipara

Jan 7, 2011, 9:18:02 AM1/7/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Kotes...@hcl.com
I created/added new app usage(utilizing all functionality from base class - AppUsage.java) , just to confirm whether I could able to change/modify XDM source code and incorporate those changes to XDM server.

Here my requirement is: I should be able to modify existing source and compile and build those changes. But with existing codebase, compilation is not at all happening (I have used "ant build-xdms" command).

I have observed that .jar files are getting downloaded from repository but not created from local codebase.

I don't want to create XDMS binary using "release-xdms". Just want to compile my changes.

Attached the console log info captured during execution of "ant build-xdms" command for the reference.

Why I am using "ant build-xdms" command:
In my deployment, when I gave this command, it is preparing xdm component (a directory with name "mobicents-xdms") using libraries from repository and copying this component to <MOBICENTS_JAINSLEE>\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy.

consolelog.txt

Eduardo Martins

Jan 7, 2011, 9:32:27 AM1/7/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Kotes...@hcl.com
Sorry, my response was not correct, build-xdms does not compiles,
compilation is done by build-core, so in this case you would do "ant
build-core build-xdms".

Anyway you may use maven directly, should be faster, at sip-presence dir do:

mvn clean install
mvn -f xdm/server/installer/pom.xml clean install

The first one compiles the code, the second installs binaries into
JAIN SLEE container at $JBOSS_HOME, note that this does not installs
dependencies such as the needed SLEE Resource Adaptors.