Mesh-based Monte Carlo (MMC) new release (v0.9) arrived

Qianqian Fang

Dec 20, 2011, 11:07:39 PM12/20/11
to mmc-...@googlegroups.com, mcx-...@googlegroups.com, Stefan Carp
(You receive this email because you are a registered MMC user
and agreed to be notified in the future)

Dear colleagues:

It is my great pleasure to introduce you to a new release of
Mesh-based Monte Carlo (MMC), version 0.9.0 codenamed
"Banana Pudding". This is the third major release of MMC and
continues pushing MMC towards better usability and stability.

As a registered user, you can download the precompiled
binaries and full source code directly from the following link:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcx/files/mmc/

In v0.9.0, we fixed a number of critical bugs discovered in v0.8,
released 6 months ago. These bugs affect all "mmc_sfmt" binaries
and "SSE4" binaries. If you have been using these binaries in
your simulations, I urge you to upgrade to the latest release asap,
and rerun your simulations. If you were using the "multicore"
binaries with the default ray-tracer (Plucker-based), your results
are fine, but still, updating to this release is recommended.

I would like to particularly thank my colleague, Dr. Stefan Carp,
who contributed a useful patch to track photon momentum
transfer in the simulations. This makes MMC a useful tool for
diffuse correlation spectroscopy (DCS) studies. Examples for
DCS simulations is also added by Stefan.

Another key feature added in v0.9 is the support for a
new input file format: JSON. JSON is a lightweight
data-interchange format and is self-explanatory. You can
see examples of the .json files from this link:

  http://mcx.sf.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?MMC/Doc/JSONInput

Thanks given to Dave Gamble for writing the powerful
cJSON library. You can also use the JSONlab toolbox to
load and process these input files inside MATLAB.

If you are interested in reading more about this release, please
browse the Release notes and ChangeLogs for details:

  http://mcx.sf.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?MMC/Doc/ReleaseNotes/0.9.0
  http://mcx.sf.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?MMC/ChangeLog

Please email me if you have any questions, and have fun with
Monte Carlo simulations!

Qianqian

dispose of the e-mail.