Magic Lantern installer for 550D

Zibri

Jan 14, 2011, 10:17:52 AM1/14/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
And here you go!
I coded an "Installer" for MagicLantern Firmware.
As usual (for my programs) it's a one click, no hassles procedure.
You can download it from here: http://goo.gl/X1MO7
Please let me know if you have suggestions, improvements, ideas..
whatever.

Zibri
http://www.zibri.org

Prerequisites:
1) Canon 550D / T2i updated to 1.0.9 fw.

2) an SDCARD formatted in camera or named "EOS_DIGITAL"

3) a card reader.

The installer can also be used to revert a bootable card to a normal
one (and vice versa).

Actually tested under Windows 7 64bit, Windows XP 32 bit.
It should work on any windows system and I think you need
Administrator's rights to run it.

Zibri

Jan 14, 2011, 10:25:42 AM1/14/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Obviously, after installation on the sdcard, all you have to do is to
put the sdcard in your camera and do a "firmware update".

On Jan 14, 4:17 pm, Zibri <zib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And here you go!
> I coded an "Installer" for MagicLantern Firmware.
> As usual (for my programs) it's a one click, no hassles procedure.
> You can download it from here:http://goo.gl/X1MO7
> Please let me know if you have suggestions, improvements, ideas..
> whatever.
>
> Zibrihttp://www.zibri.org

Carlos

Jan 14, 2011, 1:04:35 PM1/14/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Very useful for those afraid to start playing with ML!

--
http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Zibri

Jan 15, 2011, 9:51:06 AM1/15/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Please test this program (it won't harm your sdcard).

If it works on all platforms I can make a more generic firmware
installer for all camera models and all firmwares.

K.

Jan 15, 2011, 10:23:41 AM1/15/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Zibri how about apology for what you wrote here ?
This is quite bizarre seeing you some installer after those things that you wrote.
Also youre forcing people to pay money for your installers,its a bit over the top.
MLantern does not need your "installer",your apology would be much better.
Dont you think ?