60D 1.0.9 update

indy arm

Mar 30, 2011, 6:13:59 PM3/30/11
to ml-devel
Hi,

please tell me if this magiclantern.fir works for 1.0.9 version.

this is a quick and dirty patch from bitbucket version
https://bitbucket.org/arm_indy/magic-lantern-for-60d/src
to allow people working with 1.0.9.

as usual, "use at your risk", and remove the battery during 5secs if the camera is frozen.

Indy (no 60D at home)
autoexec.bin
consts-60d.109.h
magiclantern.fir
Makefile
stubs-60d.109.S

au8ust

Mar 31, 2011, 1:50:56 AM3/31/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Hm... It doesn't boot.

On Mar 31, 5:13 am, indy arm <arm.indi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please tell me if this magiclantern.fir works for 1.0.9 version.
>
> this is a quick and dirty patch from bitbucket versionhttps://bitbucket.org/arm_indy/magic-lantern-for-60d/src
> to allow people working with 1.0.9.
>
> as usual, "use at your risk", and remove the battery during 5secs if the
> camera is frozen.
>
> Indy (no 60D at home)
>
>  autoexec.bin
> 108KViewDownload
>
>  consts-60d.109.h
> 2KViewDownload
>
>  magiclantern.fir
> 108KViewDownload
>
>  Makefile
> 13KViewDownload
>
>  stubs-60d.109.S
> 8KViewDownload
Message has been deleted

arm.indy

Mar 31, 2011, 12:42:16 PM3/31/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development

Did you try magiclantern.fir on your 60d previously updated to 1.0.9 ?

arm.indy

Mar 31, 2011, 5:27:39 PM3/31/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development

Petr Sedlacek

Mar 31, 2011, 8:05:01 PM3/31/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Indy,

This magiclantern.fir doesn't seem to be working - when starting the
firmware update it shows "Loading...", then the screen goes blank, there
are two brief flashes of the disk activity LED, then a 2sec pause and
one more short flash and that's it. No log or dump is written to the card.

When I write the bootflag to the card and start the camera with the new
autoexec.bin a strange thing happens - the camera doesn't react to any
buttons (menu, Q, info, live view), but it does take photos normally.

Thanks for trying anyway!

Pete

> --
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

au8ust

Apr 1, 2011, 12:35:03 AM4/1/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Hi,

I've tried both before 1.0.9 and 1.0.9.

Thanks for your time =)

arm.indy

Apr 1, 2011, 1:50:52 AM4/1/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Thanks for your feedback, I'll try another version

Indy

AlexV

Mar 31, 2011, 3:20:13 PM3/31/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
I don't understand. The latest firmware for the 60D is 1.0.8. Am I
missing something?

AlexV

Mar 31, 2011, 4:04:57 PM3/31/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Just updated my 60D to 1.0.9 (fw doesn't show on every canon site yet)
and tried the autoexec.bin but the cam won't boot.

arm.indy

Apr 16, 2011, 11:09:55 AM4/16/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
See earlier message in this discussion about Canon update to 1.0.9.
It is NOT on http://www.canon.com/eos-d/, that's true.
maybe due to what happened in Japan these weeks.

the provided .fir for this Canon firmware version does not work yet (I
do not have the camera under hands)
be patient.

Indy

AlexV

Apr 16, 2011, 11:23:46 AM4/16/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Thanks, Indy.
As you can see my message is from April 16, very long time ago. ;o)
At the moment I am playing around with the build from sztupy for 60D
1.0.8 (had to downgrade again).
Runs pretty smooth from what I can tell. Biggest issue so far: When
turning on USB audio monitoring and restart I can't access the menue
anymore until I format and prepare the card again.
One more thing I noticed: When I flip out the monitor and turn it
upside down, the image will not flip vertically and is upside down
then. :o(
Didn't try any of the "shoot" features.

AlexV

---

On Apr 16, 5:09 pm, "arm.indy" <arm.indi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See earlier message in this discussion about Canon update to 1.0.9.
> It is NOT onhttp://www.canon.com/eos-d/, that's true.

AlexV

Apr 16, 2011, 11:26:00 AM4/16/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Oh my original message is even older, from March 31! ;o)

SztupY

Apr 16, 2011, 11:25:46 PM4/16/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Ah, found the problem. The GMT_FUNCTABLE was not updated, so the main
gui handler crashed...

The fixed stubs and consts file can be found at bitbucket:

https://bitbucket.org/sztupy/magic-lantern-for-60d/overview

I also compiled an autoexec.bin. I didn't test it thoroughly, but it
seems the functionality is mostly the same as for the 1.0.8 build:

http://sztupy.hu/magiclantern/109_a1/

SztupY

SztupY

Apr 16, 2011, 10:22:37 PM4/16/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Upgraded to 1.0.9. Here is what I've found:

1. the magiclantern.fir will crash the update dialog during the
2. The camera still reacts to autoexec.bin files (I didn't check
whether it's because of the .fir or because it was already set on
1.0.8 and was not unset by the official 1.0.9 updater)
3. Compiling an autoexec.bin with the new stubs fails at load.
4. The culprit is the "task_dispatch_hook = my_task_dispatch_hook;"
line during boot. Removing the line will make ML somewhat boot (I can
dump memory, write to the display during init stage, but most ML
events are not working). The official fw does work fine however!
To Indy: Removing this line from the "magiclantern.fir" build might
make that build do it's job (set autoboot+dump fw)
5. I compared 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 in IDA, but I couldn't find anything
that would explain why the new task dispatcher fails
(task_dispatch_hook, HIJACK_* and all other related addresses seems to
be fine)
6. I don't know how to downgrade (didn't try actually), so I'll stick
with 1.0.9 trying to get it work. (This also means no more 1.0.8 alpha
builds from me)

SztupY