Speaking of AAroads...

1 view

Sandor G

Dec 27, 2002, 9:55:45 AM12/27/02
...Where's Alex and Andy?
I haven't seen either one of them run out to defend Jeremy since this
bru-ha-ha started.
(to go along with a lack of Jeremy Lance photos on AAroads as well)
--
Sandor G
Graduate - Ohio State, March 02

Douglas Kerr

Dec 27, 2002, 10:14:51 AM12/27/02

"Sandor G" <bt...@bright.net> wrote in message

> ...Where's Alex and Andy?
> I haven't seen either one of them run out to defend Jeremy since this
> bru-ha-ha started.
> (to go along with a lack of Jeremy Lance photos on AAroads as well)

In terms of politics and public relations, it's probably the best thing for
them to do, by staying out of the situation.

Chris Bessert

Dec 27, 2002, 10:10:22 AM12/27/02
"Sandor G" <bt...@bright.net> wrote:
> ...Where's Alex and Andy?
> I haven't seen either one of them run out to defend Jeremy since this
> bru-ha-ha started.
> (to go along with a lack of Jeremy Lance photos on AAroads as well)

<cheesy organ music in background>

Have Alex and Andy formally disassociated themselves with the one who
has a fixation on towels and poop?

Have Alex and Andy finally removed the "J" from "AARoads"?

Will there be a dramatic court battle? (And, if so, will Raymond Burr
or Matlock be involved?)

Will the towel-muncher and poo-aficionado run off to Vegas and get
married?

Will m.t.r be able to survive on only discussing roads???

Tune in next time to <echo>"As the m.t.r Turns"</echo> on this CBS
station!

</cheesy organ music>

I've never been a big fan of the afternoon soaps, but I just may tune
into this one.

<sound of gears switching>

Also, I cannot let Sandor's spelling mistake go unnoticed above. I, as a
Michigander, have a tradition to uphold, to let no Ohioan go unpunished.
See http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=brouhaha for the
correct spelling of "brouhaha." (It also helps that I have a co-worker
who has extensively studied French and took me to task for spelling it,
well, slightly-less-than-right awhile back.)

Later,
Chris

--
Chris Bessert
Bess...@aol.com

Sherman Cahal

Dec 27, 2002, 11:35:27 AM12/27/02

Speaking of AAroads, Jeremy has left, yet again!

towelie

Dec 27, 2002, 12:15:03 PM12/27/02
Sandor G wrote:
> ...Where's Alex and Andy?

Alex left MTR a long time ago. I'm starting to think he made the right
decision.

Chris Bessert

Dec 27, 2002, 1:54:06 PM12/27/02

Buh-bye.

Raymond C Martin Jr

Dec 27, 2002, 3:40:15 PM12/27/02
"Sandor G" <bt...@bright.net> wrote in message news:<0SZO9.4133$37.4...@cletus.bright.net>...
> ...Where's Alex and Andy?
> I haven't seen either one of them run out to defend Jeremy since this
> bru-ha-ha started.
> (to go along with a lack of Jeremy Lance photos on AAroads as well)

Alex and Andy abandoned MTR in general a while back. It was too full
of nonsense, especially at times like these, for them to care enough
to stay. So as to why they havn't defended him, they probably don't
even know what's going on (whatever that is, I havn't been reading
much either), and if they do, don't care about MTR enough to come back
to defend him.

====
Raymond C Martin Jr
http://www.njfreeways.com/

Dan Garnell

Dec 27, 2002, 4:56:21 PM12/27/02
AFAIK, they've limited to posting to regional road groups.

Adam Prince

Dec 27, 2002, 6:17:22 PM12/27/02

"towelie" <bugoN...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

So Jeremy does taht mean you will start your own mtr liek you have with a
chatroom?

Adam Prince

Dec 27, 2002, 6:17:22 PM12/27/02

"Sandor G" <bt...@bright.net> wrote in message
> ...Where's Alex and Andy?
> I haven't seen either one of them run out to defend Jeremy since this
> bru-ha-ha started.

Is it required of them?

> (to go along with a lack of Jeremy Lance photos on AAroads as well)

I hate speaking for others, but Alex left because he sees mtr as really
nothing but a joke anymore plus a number of other factors which all can
leave us out of the loop for awhile

Andy, I don't keep much contact with.

It's a shame that Alex feels that way about mtr, I personally am not fed up
with it...the bs has no effect on my personal life and there are numerous
more valuable threads and opportunities to gain knowledge iformation leads
ideas in here than not using this resource.

mtr is still the number one source...most of the regional mailing lists have
about 40-70 e-mails a month to it...secondly a lot of it is Doug Dan or
myself announcing updates and discussions based on them...:P

It was their choice to not use this medium..and honestly with logical and
reason that I can understand. Jeremy's considering leaving mtr again, for
the at least tenth time, is nothing but an empty threat because of rather
kindergardenish reasons. Now many of you who have read these recent threads
see why he has been for over a year prohibited from chattign in the
#roadgeek channel..and how he'll go on endless personal attacks because he's
not getting his way.

The chatrooms aren't a problem./..but every two months jeremy tries to do
something. It's a shame it gets brought out in here sometimes...but many
times a rebuttal by myself or others are to set the record straight.

HomerSimpson650

Dec 27, 2002, 7:52:49 PM12/27/02
Personally, I don't see why people get so upset over nonsense posts, like the
"Tom from Ohio" ones. I mean really, how could anybody get emotional over a
silly post?? In my opinion, about 95%+ of the posts here are informative and
interesting discussions, and without MTR, I wouldn't know a lot about road
construction projects or the roads themselves, outside of California. I
personally think MTR is the greatest addition to my online experience.
-Brent

Presnwap

Dec 27, 2002, 10:48:53 PM12/27/02
I think if people get really offended by TFO posts, then they should stop
reading them! If not, then that person has other issues or problems they
should take care of...

"HomerSimpson650" <homersi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Daniel P Faigin

Dec 28, 2002, 12:28:25 AM12/28/02
On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:15:03 GMT, "towelie" <bugoN...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

M'self, I only monitor M.T.R for announcements of new and changed
websites, and any updates about California Highways in the portions of
the state that I don't regularly travel. 90% of the posts I tend to
ignore, unless I can provide some useful advice to someone. Actually,
M.T.R is one of the few groups that I still read (and I'm beginning to
debate whether it is worth posting the FAQs I post anymore, or whether
people just look on the web for them. I may post something to S.C.J
about that).

Daniel
[On the internet since 1979 at least, back when I was on
ucla-ccn.arpa, or whatever the name was for the IBM 360/91 at UCLA]

W/H: fai...@aero.org/fai...@pacificnet.net http://www.pacificnet.net/~faigin/
Mod., Mail.Liberal-Judaism (www.mljewish.org) Advisor, s.c.j.Parenting
Maintainer, S.C.J FAQ/RL (www.scjfaq.org) Daddy to Erin Shoshana
Maintainer, Calif. Highways List (www.cahighways.org)
Webmaven, Temple Beth Torah of Granada Hills (www.bethtorah-sfv.org)

Daniel P Faigin

Dec 28, 2002, 12:32:54 AM12/28/02
On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:17:22 GMT, "Adam Prince"
<apri...@HISPAMMERScarolina.rr.com> wrote:

>mtr is still the number one source...most of the regional mailing lists have
>about 40-70 e-mails a month to it...secondly a lot of it is Doug Dan or
>myself announcing updates and discussions based on them...:P

I presume by Dan he's talking about me, as I do post updated about
California Highways here (I'll probably upload the December updates
this weekend, but they're pretty skimpy this month).

It takes a lot of self-control and responsibility to keep pejorative
comments out of posts, and focus on facts and information. Alas, many
youngsters (did I really say that. Perhaps I am my father?) lack
self-control today).

P.S.: With respect to Shields Up!, if folks read the first post, they
would see that the "dirty word checker" was installed not because
people were using it to create dirty signs, but because they also
disabled the clean-up routine, which left those signs on the host
machine, where the author's children could find them.

Daniel

Adam Prince

Dec 28, 2002, 7:12:47 AM12/28/02

"Daniel P Faigin" <fai...@pacificnet.net> wrote in message

> On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:17:22 GMT, "Adam Prince"
> <apri...@HISPAMMERScarolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >mtr is still the number one source...most of the regional mailing lists
have
> >about 40-70 e-mails a month to it...secondly a lot of it is Doug Dan or
> >myself announcing updates and discussions based on them...:P
>
> I presume by Dan he's talking about me, as I do post updated about
> California Highways here (I'll probably upload the December updates
> this weekend, but they're pretty skimpy this month).

No sorry, Dan Garnell. I don't read any of the west oriented groups

Comrade Mr Yamamaoto

Dec 28, 2002, 5:53:17 PM12/28/02
Brouhaha? Ha Ha Ha!

SPUI

Jan 5, 2003, 10:10:20 PM1/5/03
Daniel P Faigin wrote:
> P.S.: With respect to Shields Up!, if folks read the first post, they
> would see that the "dirty word checker" was installed not because
> people were using it to create dirty signs, but because they also
> disabled the clean-up routine, which left those signs on the host
> machine, where the author's children could find them.

As I understand it, the clean-up routine depended on not having popups
blocked.

--
Dan Moraseski - 15th grade at MIT
http://web.mit.edu/spui/www/ - FL NJ MA route logs and exit lists

Daniel P Faigin

Jan 5, 2003, 11:16:15 PM1/5/03
On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:10:20 -0500, "SPUI"
<sp...@mit.BUTIDONTLIKESPeduAM> wrote:

>Daniel P Faigin wrote:
>> P.S.: With respect to Shields Up!, if folks read the first post, they
>> would see that the "dirty word checker" was installed not because
>> people were using it to create dirty signs, but because they also
>> disabled the clean-up routine, which left those signs on the host
>> machine, where the author's children could find them.
>
>As I understand it, the clean-up routine depended on not having popups
>blocked.

As I recall, he later reworked it to not depend on popups.

SPUI

Jan 6, 2003, 4:33:33 AM1/6/03
Daniel P Faigin wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:10:20 -0500, "SPUI"
> <sp...@mit.BUTIDONTLIKESPeduAM> wrote:
>
>> Daniel P Faigin wrote:
>>> P.S.: With respect to Shields Up!, if folks read the first post, they
>>> would see that the "dirty word checker" was installed not because
>>> people were using it to create dirty signs, but because they also
>>> disabled the clean-up routine, which left those signs on the host
>>> machine, where the author's children could find them.
>>
>> As I understand it, the clean-up routine depended on not having popups
>> blocked.
>
> As I recall, he later reworked it to not depend on popups.

Hmmm. I don't see why someone would specifically avoid the clean-up, unless
it was to give the URL to others.