San Francisco road-meet??? (old Route 480, Route 280)

Carl Rogers

Jun 7, 2005, 2:09:08 PM6/7/05
Next month, would anyone be interested in a San Francisco road-meet? If
you'd like to add more highway photos to your collection, there are some
neat opportunities here, including:

(1) Ghost off-ramps to former CA-480 (from I-80).
(2) Driving the transition from King Street into southbound I-280. The
freeway later converts to a double-decker structure at its interchange w/
US-101.

This meet is planned for Saturday, July 30th @ ~1:00pm. For lunch, there's
the Ferry Marketplace, which offers an excellent view of Yerba Buena,
Treasure Islands and the western span of the Bay Bridge. While much of this
proposed roadmeet involves driving, some walking may be required (especially
for old Route 480 photos)--roughly two miles total.

Tentatively, the meet would end around 4:30pm.

If interested, please drop me a line at carl hyphen mtr at calrog dot com.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
Calrog.com Highway-Shield page: http://hwy-shields.calrog.com
Highway Enthusiast forum: http://forums.calrog.com