Dating scan

Welches

Nov 30, 2006, 10:37:58 AM11/30/06
I now have a edd: 14th June. And #3 has all limbs :-)

When I had the 12 week scan with #2 she didn't stop moving at any stage, all
her limbs going full time. With this one s/he moved one hand slightly. The
u/s person said that baby was probably just having a peaceful moment.
I was a bit worried but maybe others can reassure me that they saw little
movement at that time?

My other thought is that #2 hasn't stopped moving since she came out either,
so if you did have little movement, did you have a less "moving" child, or
if you had a lot of movement then was your child a very active child.
(Dh says I'm reading much too much into the can!)
Debbie

emily...@hotmail.com

Nov 30, 2006, 12:00:51 PM11/30/06

Welches wrote:
> I now have a edd: 14th June. And #3 has all limbs :-)

Congratulations!! Did I miss an annoucement??? ;) We just had our
18-week scan on Wed, but I loaded up on orange juice before hand so bub
was pretty active. And honestly, I can't remember what Micah did...

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Pologirl

Nov 30, 2006, 5:06:03 PM11/30/06

Welches wrote:
> I now have a edd: 14th June. And #3 has all limbs :-)

Congratulations!

> When I had the 12 week scan with #2 she didn't stop moving at any stage, all
> her limbs going full time. With this one s/he moved one hand slightly.

Believe it or not, sometimes babies in utero will take a nap. :-)

I never had a scan that early, apart from my MC. Both of my babies are
very active and were very active in utero. Neither one liked being
mashed with the US probe, so they almost always thrashed around during
the scan. But at 12 weeks, the baby still has a lot of space between
it and the abdominal wall, so may not be as disturbed. That said,
during one of Hungry Girl's many 3rd trimester scans she was inactive.
She had been very lively earlier that day, and I was sure that she was
simply just asleep but to be certain, the US technician buzzed her with
a sonic vibrator. WAAH! That woke her up.

Did they listen to the heartbeat? If that was normal then I would not
worry.

Elle

Nov 30, 2006, 7:29:21 PM11/30/06
Welches wrote:
> I now have a edd: 14th June. And #3 has all limbs :-)
>
> When I had the 12 week scan with #2 she didn't stop moving at any stage, all
> her limbs going full time. With this one s/he moved one hand slightly. The
> u/s person said that baby was probably just having a peaceful moment.
> I was a bit worried but maybe others can reassure me that they saw little
> movement at that time?

At my 12 week scan the baby didn't move too much either. She's
definitley moving now, though, at 19 weeks and a couple of days (we had
our major anatomy scan today -- it's another girl for us, yay!)

> My other thought is that #2 hasn't stopped moving since she came out either,
> so if you did have little movement, did you have a less "moving" child, or
> if you had a lot of movement then was your child a very active child.
> (Dh says I'm reading much too much into the can!)
> Debbie

My first daughter was very mellow in utero, and very mellow as an
infant. She started walking when she was about 15 months, and has not
stopped moving and getting into things since. We always joke that she
spent that first year quietly watching and plotting all the things she
would do once mobile :)

Elle

Anne Rogers

Nov 30, 2006, 10:32:15 PM11/30/06

>I now have a edd: 14th June. And #3 has all limbs :-)

what a great date, both my children were due that day!

glad everything is ok with this one (though with an early scan can you be
100% sure, mine were around 9-10 weeks and you definitely couldn't, but
maybe you can at 12 weeks).

Cheers

Anne

jeni_...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 1, 2006, 3:54:24 AM12/1/06
Congrats on your pregnancy and good scan. My ds wriggled all over the
place at both scans but wasn't a hugely active baby in untero. Although
eh did like to get hiccups just as I was about to go to sleep;). Since
he was born he never relaxes. Even though he didn't start crawling till
he was 11 months and walking till 15 months, he isn't one to 'chill'
like I see other babies do.

Jeni

Welches

Dec 1, 2006, 7:16:00 AM12/1/06

<jeni_...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
Thanks everyone. The heart seemed to be fine, so I'll stop worrying.
Debbie

sharalyns

Dec 1, 2006, 11:36:26 AM12/1/06

Welches wrote:
> I now have a edd: 14th June. And #3 has all limbs :-)

Congrats!

Xander was *constantly* moving (and, yes, I felt movement at 13 weeks.
After that, seriously, if I got a 30 minute break from time to time, I
was *ecstatic*!), so it was no surprise that he's been a very active
kid since. :-) Whether one has anything to do with the other, I have no
clue. ;-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Joybelle

Dec 14, 2006, 4:08:45 PM12/14/06

"Welches" <debbie....@SPAMntlworldPLEASE.com> wrote in message

>I now have a edd: 14th June. And #3 has all limbs :-)

Hi, Debbie,
I've been meaning to post to this for a long time! Congratulations on all
limbs. :)

Joy

Welches

Dec 14, 2006, 4:12:14 PM12/14/06

"Joybelle" <joybe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Thanks! It was rather a relief. She even checked it without being asked. We
did have #2 with us so it was probably an obvious thing to do.
I'm not trying not to think of all the 100s of other things that could go
wrong.
Debbie