question

Skip to the first unread message

The Grays

12 Apr 2000, 03:00:0012/04/2000
Hi can I get some info my only son is uncirced and I was wondering if I
should be able to pull his foreskin back at all? Should I be able to see
the head of his penis? He is 17 months old and I can't think of what I
should be able to see. The top of his penis seems like it is too small
to be pulled back. He is not having any troubles I just want to know if
there is something wrong or am I just paranoid.
--
Julie
mother to

Cheryl Nakao

12 Apr 2000, 03:00:0012/04/2000
Both of my boys are uncirced and their pediatricians say that I should
never try to pull their foreskins back.

For more information on the care of the intact penis, go to
http://www.cirp.org/library/normal/

hope this helps,

Cheryl, mom to Jason and Joey

H Schinske

12 Apr 2000, 03:00:0012/04/2000
>Hi can I get some info my only son is uncirced and I was wondering if I
>should be able to pull his foreskin back at all? Should I be able to see
>the head of his penis? He is 17 months old and I can't think of what I
>should be able to see. The top of his penis seems like it is too small
>to be pulled back. He is not having any troubles I just want to know if
>there is something wrong or am I just paranoid.
>--
>Julie

No, you leave him alone until you see him pulling it back himself in the bath.
He will probably do that at some time in the next year or two. Before he does
that he will spend some time stretching the foreskin *out* which is one of the
factors that causes it to begin to separate gently and without any trauma. It
looks very funny when they do this, by the way! You would think they would hurt
themselves, but they don't.

My son is 20 months old and his foreskin definitely doesn't retract much yet. I
have started seeing it open up some at the end, though.

Anyway, after you see him pull it back himself, then you start teaching him to
wash under it. Obviously this is one of those skills, like wiping one's bottom,
that takes years, not to learn, but to learn to remember to do without being
told :)

--Helen

ALICIA PIETRAS

12 Apr 2000, 03:00:0012/04/2000
My ped said don't worry with it unless he can't pee. The skin is
suppose to be pretty tight unlil around 3 yrs old. Then he should be
tought to pull it back when he takes a bath. Now just wash it like any
other body part and go on like he is circumcised. Hope I am some help

(The Preston's) - Brian & Danette

12 Apr 2000, 03:00:0012/04/2000
to theg...@ns.sympatico.ca
Julie, you are not supposed to pull the foreskin back at all, eventually
it will go back but it could be damaging to force it back. Just clean it
as well as you can the way it is, it is fine! Danette