Legislation Changes for 15 February 2009

CHB

Feb 6, 2009, 2:20:47 AM2/6/09

Legislation changes will take place on 15th Feb 2009. not sure what will
be changed though. i've been looking forward on 13th Feb 2009 where DIAC
stated will start to process CSL applicant. now this one pops up..
lets pray... :shocked:
here is the link
http://http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/feb-15.htm

--
CHB

Sanam

Feb 6, 2009, 4:10:16 AM2/6/09
On Feb 6, 12:20 pm, CHB <CHB.

3n6...@advice.forums.gettingdownunder.com> wrote:
> Legislation changes will take place on 15th Feb 2009. not sure what will
> be changed though. i've been looking forward on 13th Feb 2009 where DIAC
> stated will start to process CSL applicant. now this one pops up..
> lets pray... :shocked:
> here is the linkhttp://http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/feb-15.htm

> --
> CHB

sounds scary ....:-(
Any thoughts on what to expect?
having said that, may be it is positive- given the financial downturn
all over, perhaps Australia is looking at giving a fillip to it's
economy by opening doors to immigrants who can come and spend some
money !!!!
Fingers crossed...let's pray !

A Mate

Feb 6, 2009, 5:45:21 AM2/6/09

"Sanam" <davinder...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Wishful thinking!

Australia is facing a sudden surge in unemployment to as much as 7%. Too
many people for current conditions. Draw your own conclusions!

alizaib

Feb 6, 2009, 8:15:03 AM2/6/09
> 7&#37;. Too

> many people for current conditions. Draw your own conclusions!
well i dont think it would affect people on MODL and CSL. if they had
in mind then they would made it on 18 dec 2008. Not
now..............what you guys say.................................

--
alizaib

Michele

Feb 6, 2009, 8:55:09 AM2/6/09

Thanks for the heads up CHB!

Your link isn't working, here's the correct one 'Legislation Changes
for 15 February 2009'
(http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/feb-15.htm)

--
Michele

Girish

Feb 6, 2009, 9:08:48 AM2/6/09

This is a suspense thriller for the next 7 days !:phew:ponder

--
Girish

Girish

Feb 6, 2009, 9:54:00 AM2/6/09

I hope they don't. :pray

--
Girish

Michele

Feb 6, 2009, 9:39:59 AM2/6/09

Girish;183006 Wrote:
> This is a suspense thriller for the next 7 days !:phew:ponder

I feel sick - will they make our wait even longer?

--
Michele

sumeet_gk

Feb 6, 2009, 12:13:02 PM2/6/09

alizaib;183000 Wrote:
> well i dont think it would affect people on MODL and CSL. if they had
> in mind then they would made it on 18 dec 2008. Not
> now..............what you guys say.................................

Hi alizaib,

Exactly as you said had it been such a case they would have made it in
december itself. I wish that they wont change any thing. By the way
guys this is a legislative change and it will not affect the entire
allocations of visas may be it will affect only some small corrections
in their way of working.

Sumeet

--
sumeet_gk

Unnamed Dragon

Feb 6, 2009, 3:50:00 PM2/6/09
A change to MODL would come as no surprise - it often changes. What
else will change is anybody's guess.

CHB

Feb 6, 2009, 6:36:24 PM2/6/09

my best bet the changes are about state sponsorship. if you are above
120+ in point test, you need to apply 175, not state sponsorship.. i
know it sounds a bit weird, but i think may be that is one of the
changes

alizaib

Feb 6, 2009, 11:43:30 PM2/6/09

CHB;183028 Wrote:
> my best bet the changes are about state sponsorship. if you are above
> 120+ in point test, you need to apply 175, not state sponsorship.. i
> know it sounds a bit weird, but i think may be that is one of the
> changes

Yes it may be possible as they are going to finish the state
sponsorship applications till 13 feb. they may change as you said after
13 feb. this is the best guess we have in our minds...............

again i see that people on MODL and CSL need not to worry........they
need people to sustain their economy..........and those on CSL are the
hot people they need............

do'nt strain your minds........

Wish you all best of luck... and request you to please keep posting on
this forum......................

--
alizaib

pedram

Feb 7, 2009, 12:40:22 AM2/7/09

Hi mates,

I also think there would not be great changes on cls. It sounds they
are going to clarify the process as it has been too vague past weeks.

--
pedram

ahlawy.ceek

Feb 7, 2009, 7:21:03 AM2/7/09

Dear all ,

Although I can hardly say that (coz I guess we are all calming
ourselves down) , I also got feeling that it may be the annual
modification of the MODL or anything else .. I can't believe this will
be affecting the CSL , coz how come they will change a list which is
just one month old ?!!!!!!!!
They didn't even see the outcomes of such a list .. I guess it may be
something else ... I hope that .. Let's wait and see .

Cheers

--
ahlawy.ceek

Lucky123

Feb 8, 2009, 10:20:36 AM2/8/09

I am thinking of launching CDR this week i have been working for last 18
months as Electronics and telecom engineer. Shall i wait for the
legislation or shall i go for the CDR

--
Lucky123

pedram

Feb 8, 2009, 11:31:05 AM2/8/09

Lucky123;183087 Wrote:
> I am thinking of launching CDR this week i have been working for last 18
> months as Electronics and telecom engineer. Shall i wait for the
> legislation or shall i go for the CDR

I suggest you give it a go. New changes would not seem to have an
impact on assessment of certifications.

--
pedram

Lucky123

Feb 8, 2009, 11:35:13 AM2/8/09

pedram;183088 Wrote:
> I suggest you give it a go. New changes would not seem to have an impact
> on assessment of certifications.

It is not about assessment but if i would not be eligiable to apply for
migration due to changed legislation then it would be of no use.

--
Lucky123

KathrynLHolland

Feb 9, 2009, 3:56:55 AM2/9/09

I know that the Victorian goverment are making changes to their online
State Nomination applications on/from 16th February:
"This -website will be upgraded on 16 February 2009. If you are
applying for visa nomination for a skilled migration visa, please
finalise your application by Friday 13 February 2009 or download a new
form after this date."-

This does make it sound state sponsored related!

--
KathrynLHolland

pedram

Feb 9, 2009, 12:39:15 PM2/9/09

The following note says something about changes.

--
pedram

ahlawy.ceek

Feb 9, 2009, 2:30:06 PM2/9/09

Hey pedram ,

From where did u get that ??????????????

--
ahlawy.ceek

ohmarkybaby

Feb 9, 2009, 8:49:18 PM2/9/09

Just to throw another one out there to fuel our speculations...

This one comes from my agent.

\"WE ARE EXPERIENCING DELAYS - ONE OF THE REASONS IS THE CUT DOWN IN
ANNUAL MIGRATION NUMBERS HENCE THE DELIBERATE SLOW DOWN IN PROCESSING\"

Id hate for this to be true but its certainly among the possible
reasons for the upcoming Legislative Changes and/or the Delays we are
all experiencing.

Given the economic crisis and all, it is possible for the experts to
decide that too many immigrants is bad for an Australian Economy that
is in recession. As it stands the ones already in the country dont
have enough jobs to keep themselves afloat.

On the other hand it could be argued (thats us on a biased basis) that
the Australian Economy will benefit from immigrants who will continue
to purchase homes and increase consumption in a waning economy.

At any rate, I wish us all the best of luck and hope we all make it
down under, sooner rather than later.

--
ohmarkybaby

pedram

Feb 9, 2009, 11:42:07 PM2/9/09

ahlawy.ceek;183160 Wrote:
> Hey pedram ,
>
> From where did u get that ??????????????

Hi mate,

http://www.visbureau.com

Just go to Australia pages.

--
pedram

racks

Feb 10, 2009, 3:57:39 AM2/10/09

hi guys,

see the following link for the legislation changes for Feb 15:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7267258&postcount=32

hopefully should not affect any of us..

--
racks

sanam

Feb 13, 2009, 1:46:26 AM2/13/09

ok guys ,
so it turns out that the much feared Legislation changes from 15 Feb
2009 do not affect our visa application chances . :clap
'Notices of Legislation Changes - Legislation & Regulations'
(http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/)

A bit of an anti climax, though, a welcome relief .....sigh.....

--
sanam

Mark

Feb 13, 2009, 4:12:21 AM2/13/09

It's good to keep you all on your toes guys ;)

Good news that it's something pretty unrelated to the general migration
program :)

Now.... onto worrying about something else!

--
Mark

Michele

Feb 13, 2009, 9:21:56 AM2/13/09

What a let down...I was hoping for some good news.

Something like "all visas oustanding for more than a year will be
processed by next week"

Well you can dream can't you!!! :)

--
Michele