night of gouls

pAula

Oct 31, 2002, 11:02:53 PM10/31/02

It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
snots this year?

Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...

--
pAula

Lost causes and funny religions are on
another newgroup.
~Lee Michaels~

David Winters

Oct 31, 2002, 11:59:37 PM10/31/02
"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> writes:

> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
> snots this year?

At the mall.

No joke.

I had to go to the mall, so I was trying to look all ways at once while
driving through various neighborhoods, because I'd seen costumed kids
out w/o adult supervison, some of 'em running out into the streat and
almost getting creamed.

Then I get to the mall and it's PACKED. Just about every store has at
least one person in costume, giving out candy. Wall-to-wall kids in
costumes, adults in costumes...

D.

--
I wonder if the original cavemen needed a personal stone consultant before
he picked up a rock and threw it at someone??

Jazz-X

Nov 1, 2002, 12:30:22 AM11/1/02

"David Winters" <winte...@giri.intro.cs.cmu.edu> wrote in message

> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> writes:
>
> > It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
and
> > that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
slew
> > of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at
the
> > grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
little
> > snots this year?
>
> At the mall.
>
> No joke.
>
> I had to go to the mall, so I was trying to look all ways at once while
> driving through various neighborhoods, because I'd seen costumed kids
> out w/o adult supervison, some of 'em running out into the streat and
> almost getting creamed.
>
> Then I get to the mall and it's PACKED. Just about every store has at
> least one person in costume, giving out candy. Wall-to-wall kids in
> costumes, adults in costumes...

Well... its cold!

> D.
>
> --
> I wonder if the original cavemen needed a personal stone consultant before
> he picked up a rock and threw it at someone??
> -- Lee Michaels

Jay

John M. Williams

Nov 1, 2002, 12:44:17 AM11/1/02
David Winters <winte...@giri.intro.cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

>"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> writes:
>
>> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
>> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
>> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
>> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
>> snots this year?
>
>At the mall.
>
>No joke.
>
>I had to go to the mall, so I was trying to look all ways at once while
>driving through various neighborhoods, because I'd seen costumed kids
>out w/o adult supervison, some of 'em running out into the streat and
>almost getting creamed.

As I was coming home from work, trick-or-treat had already begun. I
drove slowly up a residential street with loads of costumed kids on
the sidewalk, being careful in case one might dart out into the
street. It was fortunate I was driving slowly, since someone's pet
crossed the street in front of me. A black cat. It crossed my path.
On Halloween. That was actually a little eerie.
--
John M. Williams jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com
------------ http://www.rustyiron.net --------------

Kayla Chloe Lee

Nov 1, 2002, 12:53:26 AM11/1/02

> As I was coming home from work, trick-or-treat had already begun. I
> drove slowly up a residential street with loads of costumed kids on
> the sidewalk, being careful in case one might dart out into the
> street. It was fortunate I was driving slowly, since someone's pet
> crossed the street in front of me. A black cat. It crossed my path.
> On Halloween. That was actually a little eerie.
> --
> John M. Williams

At least you didn't run it over...that would have been more freaky.

gps

Nov 1, 2002, 1:13:46 AM11/1/02
pAula wrote:

> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
> snots this year?
>
> Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...

Does it include chaps?
ps

Lisa

Nov 1, 2002, 2:12:39 AM11/1/02

"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote ...

> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
and
> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
slew
> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
little
> snots this year?

I've had a couple of dozen. Which is a fraction of what it was 8 years ago
when I last lived in this house. I, too, notice that more and more places of
business and even professional offices have costumed "adults', but fewer and
fewer young'uns get to go out and indulge in the traditional pursuit of
sugar and shennanigans.

> Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...

I predict JPEG requests.
---
Lisa

Art S

Nov 1, 2002, 2:16:03 AM11/1/02

"Lisa" <fd4t...@earthlink.zappspam.net> wrote in message

> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote ...
> >
> > It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
> and
> > that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
> slew
> > of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
> > grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
> little
> > snots this year?
>
> I've had a couple of dozen. Which is a fraction of what it was 8 years ago
> when I last lived in this house. I, too, notice that more and more places of
> business and even professional offices have costumed "adults', but fewer and
> fewer young'uns get to go out and indulge in the traditional pursuit of
> sugar and shennanigans.

I heard people walk by, but no knocks on the door.

I think that means I've got a lot of candy to leave out at work tomorrow.

> > Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...
> >

> I predict JPEG requests.

She'll be moving. mpegs.

Art

whitster

Nov 1, 2002, 3:00:37 AM11/1/02

John M. Williams <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com> wrote in message

> David Winters <winte...@giri.intro.cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> >"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> writes:
> >
> >> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
and
> >> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
slew
> >> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at
the
> >> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
little
> >> snots this year?
> >
> >At the mall.
> >
> >No joke.
> >
> >I had to go to the mall, so I was trying to look all ways at once while
> >driving through various neighborhoods, because I'd seen costumed kids
> >out w/o adult supervison, some of 'em running out into the streat and
> >almost getting creamed.
>
> As I was coming home from work, trick-or-treat had already begun. I
> drove slowly up a residential street with loads of costumed kids on
> the sidewalk, being careful in case one might dart out into the
> street. It was fortunate I was driving slowly, since someone's pet
> crossed the street in front of me. A black cat. It crossed my path.
> On Halloween. That was actually a little eerie.
> --

you left out the part about accelerating to strike it down.

whit

John HUDSON

Nov 1, 2002, 3:01:18 AM11/1/02
**

"John M. Williams" <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com> wrote in message
> street. It was fortunate I was driving slowly, since someone's pet
> crossed the street in front of me. A black cat. It crossed my path.
> On Halloween. That was actually a little eerie.

The consequences of an uneasy conscience!

**

Lucas Buck

Nov 1, 2002, 3:26:36 AM11/1/02
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:02:53 -0800, "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
>that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
>of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
>grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
>snots this year?

Katra's probably captured them all for her stewpot.

>Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...

Um, wait, let's talk about this...

Stephen Mulholland

Nov 1, 2002, 3:24:39 AM11/1/02

"Lisa" <fd4t...@earthlink.zappspam.net> wrote in message

> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote ...
>
> > Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...
> >

> I predict JPEG requests.

Jpegs please.

Damn but you're good, Lisa.

Stephen
> ---
> Lisa

Katra

Nov 1, 2002, 3:36:08 AM11/1/02

Lucas Buck wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:02:53 -0800, "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>

> >It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
> >that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
> >of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
> >grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
> >snots this year?
>
> Katra's probably captured them all for her stewpot.

Naw... I sold the Gingerbread house to Lysis so that he could attract
his own prey.

I don't eat kids, just men! Moooohahahahaha!!!

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< Ka...@centurytel.net >^,,^<
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=katra

NAVYCHIEFCHUCK

Nov 1, 2002, 7:21:20 AM11/1/02
>Subject: night of gouls
>From: "pAula" pes...@peoplepc.com
>Date: 10/31/2002 10:02 PM Central Standard Time
More candy left for you..............
Chief

Mistress Krista

Nov 1, 2002, 7:26:14 AM11/1/02

"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message

> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
and
> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
slew
> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
little
> snots this year?

Yeah, what's up? No kids at the door, none even on the street. Are people
just batshit paranoid this year? I have about a gallon of candy to get rid
of now! *harmphharmphharmphurrp*

Krista

--
--------------------
www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

Stephen Mulholland

Nov 1, 2002, 8:12:53 AM11/1/02

"Mistress Krista" <mistres...@stumptuous.com*rem0vethis*> wrote in
message

> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> >
> > It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
> and
> > that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
> slew
> > of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at
the
> > grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
> little
> > snots this year?
> >

> Yeah, what's up? No kids at the door, none even on the street. Are people
> just batshit paranoid this year? I have about a gallon of candy to get
rid
> of now! *harmphharmphharmphurrp*

There were kids EVERYWHERE where I live. We wandered round all the houses,
my two boys dressed up as vampires or ghosts or whatever, and every child in
the area was out and about collecting sweets (candy, to you :)). A couple
of my neighbours had got together and created a crypt in their garage, with
"buried" folks leaping out and scaring the youngsters, toy Thing-type hands,
hanging ghosties...all good clean fun. And all the kids were back in their
houses before 8:00. Then we got slightly drunk. Not the children, of
course. They can buy their own damned beer.

There's still about 16 lb of chocolate bars in a basket behind my front
door. We're having chocolate pizza for dinner tonight, and steak
mulhollandaise avec chocolat au gratin for supper. Breakfast was a
chocolate omelette with chocolate sauce.

Yum.

Stephen

Watson Davis

Nov 1, 2002, 8:39:56 AM11/1/02
wrote:

>It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
>that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
>of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
>grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
>snots this year?
>
>Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...

Last year there were so many kids we had to run up and buy more candy.
So this year we bought lots of candy. And I only got about a dozen
kids.

Now I've got a ton of candy.

o. woe is i.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

John M. Williams

Nov 1, 2002, 9:08:58 AM11/1/02
"John HUDSON" <j...@linear.com> wrote:
> **
> "John M. Williams" <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com> wrote in message
> > street. It was fortunate I was driving slowly, since someone's pet
> > crossed the street in front of me. A black cat. It crossed my path.
> > On Halloween. That was actually a little eerie.
>
> The consequences of an uneasy conscience!

As opposed to a completely amoral lack of one, much like
that of those who consider Usenet anonymity and prevarication
to be a virtue. You know who you are.

Top Sirloin

Nov 1, 2002, 10:05:11 AM11/1/02
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:02:53 -0800, "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
>that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
>of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
>grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
>snots this year?
>
>Guess I'll change out of my cowgirl outfit...

There were a ton of kids out even though it was below freezing here in KC MO.

My 4-yr old daughter, no matter how cold she got, would _not_ go home. I finally
had to carry her after she pronounced that she was going to pee in her dress
(and the three other layers she had on) and had to hold still to keep it in. She
got so much candy I had to pack it into my jacket to keep the weight down.
Between that and all the stairs on split-level houses I'll bet she gets a killer
case of DOMS. :-)

She also didn't realize that the houses weren't first come, first serve. Older
kids would run past her and she'd just turn around, telling me "I got cheated"
until I told her they had lots of candy and she just had to wait.

JPEG's coming.

-Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
why they only open the top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

John HUDSON

Nov 1, 2002, 10:10:43 AM11/1/02
**
"John M. Williams" <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com> wrote in message
> As opposed to a completely amoral lack of one, much like
> that of those who consider Usenet anonymity and prevarication
> to be a virtue. You know who you are.

I don't have conscience problems JW, "amoral" or otherwise. I am at peace in
and with my little part of the world.

As for "Usenet anonymity and prevarication", well I'm hardly anonymous and
I'm better known by people that *know* me, for bluntness rather than
prevarication, so your silly name-calling is hardly appropriate. Save it for
your other two arch foes - you'll get a much better response!! ;o))

John R HUDSON, Esq
London, England, UK
Website: www.fitnwell.net
You may not die today - but you will die!!

**

John M. Williams

Nov 1, 2002, 10:56:55 AM11/1/02
"John HUDSON" <j...@linear.com> wrote:
> **
> "John M. Williams" <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com> wrote:
> > As opposed to a completely amoral lack of one, much like
> > that of those who consider Usenet anonymity and prevarication
> > to be a virtue. You know who you are.
>
> I don't have conscience problems JW ...

I don't suppose you do. Possession of a functional conscience
would be a condition precedent to that.

John HUDSON

Nov 1, 2002, 11:26:17 AM11/1/02
**
"John M. Williams" <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com> wrote in message

> I don't suppose you do. Possession of a functional conscience
> would be a condition precedent to that.

In the absence of a full frontal lobotomy, or total insanity/severe
psychosis, I'm afraid this statement is yet more nonsense.

**

J. Thiessen

Nov 1, 2002, 11:26:18 AM11/1/02
Mistress Krista wrote:

> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
> and
>> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
> slew
>> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
>> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
> little
>> snots this year?
>>

> Yeah, what's up? No kids at the door, none even on the street. Are people
> just batshit paranoid this year? I have about a gallon of candy to get rid
> of now! *harmphharmphharmphurrp*

We had probably 20 kids here (including, I was told (missed it), a girl in
a nice spongebob costume) , but there's still a bucketload of the sweet
gunk in the kitchen. I can hardly even eat any of the stuff. Christina'll
probably take it to work and let her cow-orkers graze.

Moo!

Why isn't there a holiday where you run around the neighborhood in gym
clothes and demand protein? I want to go up to people's doors all sweaty
and flex and scream: "TRICK OR MEAT!"

J.

Nina

Nov 1, 2002, 12:11:23 PM11/1/02
In article
<Gpuw9.123821$mxk1....@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>,
"Mistress Krista" <mistres...@stumptuous.com*rem0vethis*> wrote:

> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> >
> > It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
> and
> > that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
> slew
> > of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at
> > the
> > grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
> little
> > snots this year?
> >

> Yeah, what's up? No kids at the door, none even on the street. Are
> people
> just batshit paranoid this year? I have about a gallon of candy to get
> rid
> of now! *harmphharmphharmphurrp*
>

> Krista

We had kids everywhere and I live in a not-so-great area. The worst
part was I was out walking my dog, Peanut and one part of my block has a
narrow sidewalk which is adjacent to a very busy street. So as we're
about ten feet from the corner, a flock of kids and parents show up.
The kids make a rush toward Peanut, and my dog is nervous around kids
(ust like me). I put myself between Peanut and the group and tell the
parents calmly, my dog isn't good with kids - she's really scared, so if
they could just move back a bit, we could round the corner and would be
out of their way. The mom ignores me and barrels through, and the kids
are all trying to reach out to the dog, who I'm totally cradling at this
point, and who's flipping out. I was afraid I'd lose control of her and
she'd dart out into the street. One kid approaches the dog and I yell
out the only thing that I think will stop him and get the parents'
attention.

"FUCK!"

The parents are horrified, grab their little devil-children by the hands
and whisk them off. Peanut and I continue on our merry way.

Why aren't kids on a leash?

Cheers,
Nina

--
Let's hear it for the weirdos! --Lydia Ash

http://www.theslack.com

pAula

Nov 1, 2002, 12:24:08 PM11/1/02

"Mistress Krista" wrote:

> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> >
> > It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
> and
> > that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
> slew
> > of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at
the
> > grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
> little
> > snots this year?
> >

> Yeah, what's up? No kids at the door, none even on the street. Are people
> just batshit paranoid this year? I have about a gallon of candy to get
rid
> of now! *harmphharmphharmphurrp*
>

> Krista

Update:

At 9:15 there was a loud rapping on the door. I answered it to find a 15
year old girl in street clothes extending her pillowcase as she "trick or
treat!" 'ed me. When I asked her what exactly she was dressed up as she
replied "myself". I stuffed about 5 pounds of Reeses pieces into her
pillowcase. Smart girl, she made off with quite a haul taking in all the
gotta-get-rid-ofs in the neighborhood.

Lee Michaels

Nov 1, 2002, 12:25:34 PM11/1/02

"Nina" <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Nina, Nina, did you know this means that neither you or your dog will get
invited over to any of these folks houses for tea??

William Brink

Nov 1, 2002, 12:26:52 PM11/1/02
In article <apsuda$48f6u$1...@ID-89512.news.dfncis.de>,
"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
> snots this year?

I commented to someone that I thought it would be a low turn out of kids
due to how people are feeling in general (9/11, snipers, etc) and the
economy. I had a low turn out myself.

--
Will Brink

http://www.brinkzone.com/
http://www.aboutsupplements.com/

Keith Hobman

Nov 1, 2002, 12:27:18 PM11/1/02
In article <ninaSPAMOFF-94C8...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>, Nina
<ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote:

You can't control your dog and you take her out on a busy street on Halloween?

I dunno Nina.

But OTOH - very imaginative solution to the problem. I got a chuckle out of it.

--
Keith Hobman

"I think that's why the focus of MFW has shifted over the years from bodybuilding to powerlifting. And I think that's why Whit is so bitter. He's just not down with this whole "helping your brother out" mentality and much more into the catty "I've got to be numero uno" thing."
Watson Davis

gps

Nov 1, 2002, 12:34:39 PM11/1/02
Keith Hobman wrote:

> In article <ninaSPAMOFF-94C8...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>, Nina
> <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> > Why aren't kids on a leash?
>
> You can't control your dog and you take her out on a busy street on Halloween?

Her dog was controlled, the kids were not.
ps

Nina

Nov 1, 2002, 12:39:05 PM11/1/02
In article <iOyw9.207656$%d2.70988@sccrnsc01>, "Lee Michaels"
<leemichaels*nada-spam*@attbi.com> wrote:

I think the thing I like best is now I'm 'The Girl Who Screamed Fuck'
Hopefully they'll be more scared of me than the dog from now on. ;)

I don't hate kids. I just hate people.

Lee Michaels

Nov 1, 2002, 12:40:29 PM11/1/02

"Keith Hobman" <kho...@sasktelNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
And a classic example of Nina's parenting-nurturing skills.

Nina

Nov 1, 2002, 12:45:49 PM11/1/02
In article <khobman-0111...@192.168.0.2>,
kho...@sasktelNOSPAM.net (Keith Hobman) wrote:

Oh, Jesus Keith. I've *never* had a problem either stepping back and
letting people pass or having them step back and let me pass. Plus last
year there were *no* trick-or-treaters. None. Nada. So I didn't think
it would be an issue. Obviously, I was wrong. Next time, I'd turn
around the other way. It was more of a "teach your kids not to run up
to strange dogs" lesson.

Lee Michaels

Nov 1, 2002, 1:05:52 PM11/1/02

"Nina" <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
It was also a lesson on the difference between good girls and bad girls.

Watson Davis

Nov 1, 2002, 1:41:28 PM11/1/02
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 17:26:52 GMT, William Brink
<wbrink@*remove*earthlink.net> wrote:

>In article <apsuda$48f6u$1...@ID-89512.news.dfncis.de>,
> "pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
>> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight and
>> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole slew
>> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
>> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the little
>> snots this year?
>
>I commented to someone that I thought it would be a low turn out of kids
>due to how people are feeling in general (9/11, snipers, etc) and the
>economy. I had a low turn out myself.

Is it an East Coast thing? The turnout was very low here in PA.

Lucas Buck

Nov 1, 2002, 1:48:27 PM11/1/02
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 11:27:18 -0600, kho...@sasktelNOSPAM.net (Keith Hobman)
wrote:

>> The parents are horrified, grab their little devil-children by the hands
>> and whisk them off. Peanut and I continue on our merry way.
>>
>> Why aren't kids on a leash?
>
>You can't control your dog and you take her out on a busy street on Halloween?
>
>I dunno Nina.

Why was the dog trick-or-treating in the first place? I thought they couldn't
have chocolate. Anyway, what was its costume?

Lucas Buck

Nov 1, 2002, 1:50:08 PM11/1/02
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:39:56 -0500, Watson Davis <wat...@watsonmusic.com>
wrote:

If you were still in Texas, you could take it to the Chocolate-for-Guns public
safety exchange.

Keith Hobman

Nov 1, 2002, 2:31:04 PM11/1/02
In article <ninaSPAMOFF-B181...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>, Nina
<ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote:

Yeah. But kids are kids. Hmmm. Having said that...

You're right. They should be on a leash.

Nina

Nov 1, 2002, 3:04:22 PM11/1/02

I totally get that, too. I figure 8 is the cut-off range. Kids under
8, I either walk the other way or simply pick her up and off we go. But
after 8, they should know better. Or listen to their parents. These
kids were around 10.

> You're right. They should be on a leash.

I mean, I've been on a leash, it's not that bad.

Lee Michaels

Nov 1, 2002, 3:21:08 PM11/1/02

"Keith Hobman" wrote

> Yeah. But kids are kids. Hmmm. Having said that...
>
> You're right. They should be on a leash.

My wife is a neonatal nurse. Although she primarily works with preemies, she
also does pediatric nursing. She says that kid leashes is a hot topic in
that unit. She says that at least half of all catastrophic
injuries/accidents she has worked with could have been prevented by kid
leashes.

She is a strong advocate of them and recommends them to all the parents.
Most of them think of her as being an overprotective grandmother/nurse type.
Even when their kid is laying in a hospital bed with tubes running in and
out of him, they think that kid leashes are "inhumane".

It may not be fashionable or even popular. But it is definitely safer.

Lee Michaels

Nov 1, 2002, 3:23:34 PM11/1/02

"Nina" <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

JPEG's please.

Nina

Nov 1, 2002, 3:32:23 PM11/1/02
In article <UmBw9.210037$%d2.71480@sccrnsc01>, "Lee Michaels"
<leemichaels*nada-spam*@attbi.com> wrote:

Interesting. I remember seeing them many, many years ago but haven't
seen one in ages. I always thought they'd be good for crowded places,
likes malls and such.

Nina

Nov 1, 2002, 3:33:16 PM11/1/02
In article <apBw9.195594$md1.43386@sccrnsc03>, "Lee Michaels"
<leemichaels*nada-spam*@attbi.com> wrote:

I actually think that I only have a picture of me in a dog collar,
unfortunately...

pAula

Nov 1, 2002, 3:36:16 PM11/1/02

Great idea! They'd make good birth control also, I'd get to go along on
their dates.

Hoff

Nov 1, 2002, 3:57:40 PM11/1/02
"Nina" <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Ummmm...excuse me for a second.....

Lisa

Nov 1, 2002, 4:00:43 PM11/1/02

"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote ...

> At 9:15 there was a loud rapping on the door. I answered it to find a 15
> year old girl in street clothes extending her pillowcase as she "trick or
> treat!" 'ed me. When I asked her what exactly she was dressed up as she
> replied "myself".

I had a couple of groups of teenagers attired as above. To one of them, I
said,"Oooh - like your costume! I get it - you're, uhm, you're. . . an
ADOLESCENT! Right?"
<vacant look>"uh, no, I'm myself".
Smart, too.
They each got _one_ Nestle Crunch.
---
Lisa

Bob Mann

Nov 1, 2002, 6:51:23 PM11/1/02
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 12:26:14 GMT, "Mistress Krista"
<mistres...@stumptuous.com*rem0vethis*> wrote:

>"pAula" <pes...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It's 8 o'clock. There has been ONE tricks or treater at my door tonight
>and
>> that was the little boy next door. How disappointing. There was a whole
>slew
>> of strange looking folks all over town today, even the produce man at the
>> grocery store wore tails and top hat (with green hair). Where are the
>little
>> snots this year?
>>

>Yeah, what's up? No kids at the door, none even on the street. Are people
>just batshit paranoid this year? I have about a gallon of candy to get rid
>of now! *harmphharmphharmphurrp*
>

>Krista

You're right.
We only had 80 this year. Down from 120 last year and 150 a couple of
years back.

Kayla Chloe Lee

Nov 1, 2002, 9:16:13 PM11/1/02

"Watson Davis" <wat...@watsonmusic.com> wrote in message >

> Is it an East Coast thing? The turnout was very low here in PA.
>
> Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

I had problems here in CA as well. All this Cost Co candy and nothing to do
with it.

K. C Lee

David Cohen

Nov 1, 2002, 11:49:53 PM11/1/02

"Nina" <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote
> kho...@sasktelNOSPAM.net (Keith Hobman) wrote:
> > Nina <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote:

I am SO relating to this, Nina. While Keith has a good general
point...those who can't control a dog shouldn't be out in public with
them...this was obviously not the case here. I have had 4 year olds
walking aggressive dominant male dogs run up to our dogs because the
moron parents let them. Snuggles would have killed the fool dog if I
wasn't big enough to physically stop her.

But much more common are stupid children spawned from stupid parents
who run up to strange dogs without asking permission. And while our
dogs are generally good with kids, a screaming, arm-waving little
idiot may trigger a defensive action that could be tragic...for the
idiot child, the idiot parents, and my poor dog. Keith knows well,
unfortunately, the potential consequences.

Even moron dog owners in the dog park will let their little moron
children run around, unsupervised, chasing, being chased, and
generally annoying the dogs.

People can be such fucking idiots.

David
--
"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all
the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has

David Cohen

Nov 1, 2002, 11:52:58 PM11/1/02

"Nina" <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

I think smaller versions of the electronic shock belts they use on
prisoners would work better.

David

J. Thiessen

Nov 2, 2002, 12:14:07 AM11/2/02

What boggles me is that people assume that anything canine is
automatically a dopey, face-slurping soft-hearted mutt. Growing up
we (my siblings & I) all learned never to treat a strange dog as if
it was our pet. If an unfamiliar dog greeted you when you drove up to
someone else's farm, you always treated it with respect and tried not
to spook it until the owner had a chance to reassure it that the
strangers weren't to be considered a threat. Even then, you didn't
try to pet it or play unless the owner made it clear that the dog would
welcome such behavior, as friendliness towards strangers was generally NOT
encouraged in the typical farm dog.

I wonder how much of the dopey animals-are-harmless behavior kids exhibit
is due to an overdose of disneyfied critters in movies. You read stories
in the paper every year about tourists treating bears in Yellowstone like
they were members of a child's petting zoo.

J.

Kayla Chloe Lee

Nov 2, 2002, 12:18:21 AM11/2/02

"J. Thiessen" <inan...@cyberspace.orgASDF> wrote in message

> I wonder how much of the dopey animals-are-harmless behavior kids exhibit
> is due to an overdose of disneyfied critters in movies. You read stories
> in the paper every year about tourists treating bears in Yellowstone like
> they were members of a child's petting zoo.
>
> J.

That would be Darwinism at work.

Other flashes of great intelligence

www.darwinawards.com

whitster

Nov 2, 2002, 12:36:05 AM11/2/02

Kayla Chloe Lee <hime...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

i ate WAY WAY too much candy in the last several days

i just thought i would share that with you...

whit
(ok, i'm almost ready to brave the cold and get to the gym... really)

Mick and Deb

Nov 2, 2002, 12:36:21 AM11/2/02

> Ummmm...excuse me for a second.....

Was that a picture of you in only a dog collar?

Mick and Deb

Nov 2, 2002, 12:40:10 AM11/2/02

> "J. Thiessen" <inan...@cyberspace.orgASDF> wrote in message
>

> > I wonder how much of the dopey animals-are-harmless behavior kids
exhibit
> > is due to an overdose of disneyfied critters in movies. You read
stories
> > in the paper every year about tourists treating bears in Yellowstone
like
> > they were members of a child's petting zoo.
> >
> > J.

A bit of that goes on here in Far North Queensland with the saltwater Crocs.
Tourists are tasty!

David Cohen

Nov 2, 2002, 1:41:19 AM11/2/02

"J. Thiessen" <inan...@cyberspace.orgASDF> wrote

I think you are exactly correct. I divide most people and their
interactions with dogs, including most dog owners, into two
categories:
1) those that believe that all dogs are little, four legged people in
fur coats, and
2) those that believe that all dogs are Lassie.

#1 is an insult to dogs. If true, dogs are hideously ugly, profoundly
retarded people. Dogs do not think like people or act like people.
Believing so leads to massive miscommunications. The great thing about
dogs is that they have entered into a unique mutualistic relationship
with us, despite being "only" dogs. As one of my .sigs says,"We are

#2 is as bad. Lassie was a character in movies and on TV. He wasn't
real. I see this all the time at dog parks. Idiot owners who expect
all the dogs to behave like Lassie, instead of like dogs. They are
clueless as to why their dog is behaving the way it is. The
grandfather of our American Bulldog, Snuggles, is Rattler, the dog
that played "Chance" in the Homeward Bound movies (the Michael J Fox
voiced dog). "Chance" was a goofy, klutzy puppy. Rattler is a 116
pound, protection trained, wild boar hunting, dog.

Sheba, my little Staffordshire Bull Terrier, reaps the benefit of the
#2 idiots. She can be very annoying to other, usually big, dogs at the
dog park. She can be very insistent that some unsuspecting big dog
play with her, and won't take "no" for an answer. So after the big dog
has had enough, it will growl and snap at Sheba, and then it gets
yelled at by the owner for being "mean"to the little dog. And despite
my reassurance that Sheba needed to be snapped at, and that their dog
was behaving perfectly fine, they will continue to "protect" the
little dog. Trust me...a 30 pound Staffie raised by a Pit Bull and an
American Bulldog, whose best friend is a Neapolitan Mastiff, needs
absolutely no protection from the big dogs.

Sheba likes to run full tilt from the side and launch herself into the
shoulder of some German Shepherd, or Lab, or similar sized dog,
knocking it completely over. Her version of cow tipping.

David
www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/dogs.html

gps

Nov 2, 2002, 2:13:31 AM11/2/02

Cold is it? I can relate. It must be about 65 out now. I think I
better go put on a sweater.
ps

Selene

Nov 2, 2002, 4:51:42 AM11/2/02

David Cohen wrote:

> I think you are exactly correct. I divide most people and their
> interactions with dogs, including most dog owners, into two
> categories:
> 1) those that believe that all dogs are little, four legged people in
> fur coats, and
> 2) those that believe that all dogs are Lassie.

If your dog does not behave like Lassie, it does not belong out in
public....

Responsible parents are fine, but there is such a thing as responsible
dog owners!!!

If your dog is not properly socialized to the point where some strange
toddler
cannot come up and pull on it's ears and tail, you have no RIGHT to bring
it to
a place where that can become possible!

Any judge and jury will execute your stupid dog if it decides it wants to
tear
some innocent child's throat out.

I can't believe you are a nurse! You love dogs and totally lack
compassion
for humans!

Human childran are more important than dogs. It's the dog owners
responisibility
to not bring out a public menace that has not been properly socialized
into a public place.

> #1 is an insult to dogs. If true, dogs are hideously ugly, profoundly
> retarded people. Dogs do not think like people or act like people.
> Believing so leads to massive miscommunications. The great thing about
> dogs is that they have entered into a unique mutualistic relationship
> with us, despite being "only" dogs. As one of my .sigs says,"We are
> alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all the forms
> of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an
> alliance with us."---Maurice Maeterlinck

No, they don't think like humans and it's the owners job to realize that.

Most parents are going to assume that most dog owners are not
irresponsible enough to bring a stupid, possibly dangerous animal
into a public park!

Get real....

> #2 is as bad. Lassie was a character in movies and on TV. He wasn't
> real. I see this all the time at dog parks. Idiot owners who expect
> all the dogs to behave like Lassie, instead of like dogs. They are
> clueless as to why their dog is behaving the way it is. The
> grandfather of our American Bulldog, Snuggles, is Rattler, the dog
> that played "Chance" in the Homeward Bound movies (the Michael J Fox
> voiced dog). "Chance" was a goofy, klutzy puppy. Rattler is a 116
> pound, protection trained, wild boar hunting, dog.

That is my point. If a child gets hurt, it is more the fault of the
irresponsible
dog owner, not the parent. Small children have more rights than dogs.

> Sheba, my little Staffordshire Bull Terrier, reaps the benefit of the
> #2 idiots. She can be very annoying to other, usually big, dogs at the
> dog park. She can be very insistent that some unsuspecting big dog
> play with her, and won't take "no" for an answer. So after the big dog
> has had enough, it will growl and snap at Sheba, and then it gets
> yelled at by the owner for being "mean"to the little dog. And despite
> my reassurance that Sheba needed to be snapped at, and that their dog
> was behaving perfectly fine, they will continue to "protect" the
> little dog. Trust me...a 30 pound Staffie raised by a Pit Bull and an
> American Bulldog, whose best friend is a Neapolitan Mastiff, needs
> absolutely no protection from the big dogs.
>
> Sheba likes to run full tilt from the side and launch herself into the
> shoulder of some German Shepherd, or Lab, or similar sized dog,
> knocking it completely over. Her version of cow tipping.

Ah, and you LET her do this to strange dogs? God, you are SO
irresponsible!
If your dog "tips" strange dogs, keep her on a damn leash!!! One of
these
days, some dog she tries to "tip" is going to tear her throat out!

Militant dog owners are sooo stupid!!!

> David
> www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/dogs.html

Selene

lysis

Nov 2, 2002, 5:24:42 AM11/2/02
In article <3DC3A02D...@grandecom.net>,
s...@grandecom.net wrote:

>I can't believe you are a nurse! You love dogs and totally lack
>compassion for humans!

Speak up! Nurses have gone away with it for so long.

Selene

Nov 2, 2002, 5:51:14 AM11/2/02

lysis wrote:

Yup! I work as an RN too...

If the way that that Cohen bitch treats people here is any example of
how
he conducts himself at work, he fits the profile of a "punisher" and
needs
to lose his license! There are all too many of those nowadays with the
shortage of nurses in most areas.

People are going to nursing school just
because it guarantees them a good career. They don't really care about
what they do. It's getting scary!

Interesting, most male nurses are not like that, but then at least 50%
of
the ones that I have met are gay... The gay ones are the best ones.

Wierd, but experience tells me this is true.

Selene

David Cohen

Nov 2, 2002, 8:04:06 AM11/2/02

"Selene" <s...@grandecom.net> wrote in message

Hehehe...Lysis has a girlfriend!

Let's see: Bryce agreed with Whitney once. That was the first. Now,
Lysis has a girlfriend. OK, somebody remind me: what's the THIRD sign
of the Coming of the Apocalypse?

David

whitster

Nov 2, 2002, 9:44:02 AM11/2/02

David Cohen <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

actually, we have agreed scores of times.

it just the stuff is so basic that we don't feel the need to state
agreement.

as long as he stays out of politics or almost anything subjective, i can
sometimes agree with him :)

whit

Dormouse

Nov 2, 2002, 11:07:43 AM11/2/02
lysis@wherever_pleases_your_fancy.including_eexigr (lysis) wrote:

Agreed. Thank God you're not a doctor.

Ob1

Nov 2, 2002, 11:52:22 AM11/2/02

David Cohen wrote:

> Hehehe...Lysis has a girlfriend!
>
> Let's see: Bryce agreed with Whitney once. That was the first. Now,
> Lysis has a girlfriend. OK, somebody remind me: what's the THIRD sign
> of the Coming of the Apocalypse?
>
> David

Hmmmmm.... now that could be interesting. :-)
I've heard things about Greek lovers.

Maybe we could start a new thread on anal sex?

Or better yet, whips and leather, Yeah. Yeah. I'm into that.

Wanna be my on line lover Lysis baby? Haven't had any VR sex for awhile.
Problem is you don't post your e-mail addrsess so I'll have to have sex
with you right here in public. Cum think of it, that's even kinkier...
<lol!>

Ok, I'll start:

I'm wearing nothing but a spiderweb lace body sock. Wavy black hair down
my waist, green eyes, perfect figure. (36-24-30).

You are wearing nothing but a leather harness with cock ring. The bed is
covered with red
silk and furs and there are a variety of interesting implements on the
ebony end table.

I'm holding a black riding crop and force you to lie face down on the
floor in front of
mel. "Lick my toes bitch!"

Ok, you take it from here.

Selene

Selene

Nov 2, 2002, 11:58:34 AM11/2/02

Dormouse wrote:

Ah, but he _claims_ to be an MD! But now he's just my cuddly wuddly
little
leather bear. :)

Always wanted an MD chained at my feet.....

Selene

David Cohen

Nov 2, 2002, 1:12:16 PM11/2/02

"whitster" <wh...@whit.com> wrote

> David Cohen <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote

> > Let's see: Bryce agreed with Whitney once.
>
> actually, we have agreed scores of times.
>
> it just the stuff is so basic that we don't feel the need to state
> agreement.
>
> as long as he stays out of politics or almost anything subjective, i
can
> sometimes agree with him :)

Wow! Go out on a limb, will ya?

You two would do a fine "Point-Counterpoint" skit: "Bryce, it is
indisputable that blah blah blah sociologic blah reference blah blah."
"Whit, you ignorant slut!..."

David

Watson Davis

Nov 2, 2002, 5:02:47 PM11/2/02
On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 05:36:05 GMT, "whitster" <wh...@whit.com> wrote:

>Kayla Chloe Lee <hime...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Watson Davis" <wat...@watsonmusic.com> wrote in message >
>> > Is it an East Coast thing? The turnout was very low here in PA.
>> >
>> > Watson (the pencil neck) Davis
>>
>> I had problems here in CA as well. All this Cost Co candy and nothing to
>do
>> with it.
>>
>> K. C Lee
>
>i ate WAY WAY too much candy in the last several days
>
>i just thought i would share that with you...

Audrey bought a bunch of these things called "Treasures." Caramel and
chocolate.

They are evil.

And they're almost gone.

Nina

Nov 2, 2002, 6:01:32 PM11/2/02
In article <RPIw9.2294$t4.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"David Cohen" <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Actually, I'm starting to work with a pit-specific trainer out here in
LA and she says that they're prone to "panic disorders" where they freak
out and, well, the consequences can be deadly. The training is more
about the the specific psychology of the breed rather than sit-stay-roll
over. It's awesome.

> Even moron dog owners in the dog park will let their little moron
> children run around, unsupervised, chasing, being chased, and
> generally annoying the dogs.
>
> People can be such fucking idiots.

Word. (that's now $2 to Whit in one day)

Nina

Nov 2, 2002, 6:04:00 PM11/2/02

Welcome to Proving One's Point, 101.

Mr. Cohen, I believe you have the floor.

Egads,

Nina

Nov 2, 2002, 6:05:01 PM11/2/02
In article <a3Qw9.2686$7n.2...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"David Cohen" <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Lyle gives up porn.

Awaiting that Fourth Horseman,

Celene

Nov 2, 2002, 11:20:11 PM11/2/02

Nina wrote:

> Welcome to Proving One's Point, 101.
>
> Mr. Cohen, I believe you have the floor.
>
> Egads,
> Nina
>
> --

Typical militant dog owner...
You totally missed the point of my post!

Cohen takes "nervous" dogs to the dog park, then
asks people to leave his dog alone.

He takes a skitzy little dog to the dog park that likes to
"tip" other people's poor dogs and does not keep
her on a leash.

YOU take your improperly socialized dog into a public
place on haloween night, worry about her running into
the street when you are beset by innocent children,
(why wasn't she on a leash so that she could not get
away from you?)

Then, you have the gall to blame the kids parents for not
keeping them away from your dog!

Parents usually expect that any dog taken to a public place
is safe. If it isn't, it should be kept at home.

Both of you are irresponsible dog owners. :P~~

Celene

whitster

Nov 2, 2002, 11:29:32 PM11/2/02

Nina <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

dood. i;m yoked. i'm flush. my chesticles are perky.

whit

whitster

Nov 2, 2002, 11:31:34 PM11/2/02

Watson Davis <wat...@watsonmusic.com> wrote in message

the evil is now within you.

or if it isn't any longer, i don't need the details thanks..

whit

whitster

Nov 2, 2002, 11:43:21 PM11/2/02

David Cohen <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

except chevy chase is much funnier than him.

whit

pAula

Nov 3, 2002, 12:29:52 AM11/3/02

Excuse me Selene (or whoever you are), but do you always see things so black
and white? Are you a new grad nurse or do you have a year or so experience
under your belt?

--
pAula

Lost causes and funny religions are on
another newgroup.
~Lee Michaels~

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 1:13:27 AM11/3/02

pAula wrote:

> Excuse me Selene (or whoever you are), but do you always see things so black
> and white? Are you a new grad nurse or do you have a year or so experience
> under your belt?
>
> --
> pAula

4 year BS degree. 5 years as an RN in the emergency dept.
Am considering going back to school, and would like to get
into pediatrics.

Why?

Sorry, but this thread really struck a nerve! Poor little innocent
children get torn up or killed by "scared and nervous" dogs, and the
dogs holier-than-thou owners try to blame it on the parents.

Dogs that are not "tame" should be kept in people's back yards with
absolutely no public access.

The public safety of children is more important than imaginary dog rights!

Celene

David Cohen

Nov 3, 2002, 1:46:45 AM11/3/02

"Celene" <s...@grandecom.net> wrote

> Nina wrote:
>
> > Welcome to Proving One's Point, 101.
> >
> > Mr. Cohen, I believe you have the floor.
> >
> > Egads,
> > Nina
> >
> Typical militant dog owner...
> You totally missed the point of my post!
>
> Cohen takes "nervous" dogs to the dog park, then
> asks people to leave his dog alone.
>
> He takes a skitzy little dog to the dog park that likes to
> "tip" other people's poor dogs and does not keep
> her on a leash.
>
> YOU take your improperly socialized dog into a public
> place on haloween night, worry about her running into
> the street when you are beset by innocent children,
> (why wasn't she on a leash so that she could not get
> away from you?)
>
> Then, you have the gall to blame the kids parents for not
> keeping them away from your dog!
>
> Parents usually expect that any dog taken to a public place
> is safe. If it isn't, it should be kept at home.
>
> Both of you are irresponsible dog owners. :P~~

Hehehe...you amuse me, like your internet lover, Lysis. You're a
keeper.

Female trolls can be such a turn-on.

David

David Cohen

Nov 3, 2002, 1:52:38 AM11/3/02

"whitster" <wh...@whit.com> wrote
> David Cohen <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote
> > "whitster" <wh...@whit.com> wrote
> > > David Cohen <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote

> > > actually, we have agreed scores of times.
> > >
> > > it just the stuff is so basic that we don't feel the need to
state
> > > agreement.
> > >
> > > as long as he stays out of politics or almost anything
subjective, i
> > can
> > > sometimes agree with him :)
> >
> > Wow! Go out on a limb, will ya?
> >
> > You two would do a fine "Point-Counterpoint" skit: "Bryce, it is
> > indisputable that blah blah blah sociologic blah reference blah
blah."
> > "Whit, you ignorant slut!..."
> >
> > David
>
> except chevy chase is much funnier than him.

Dan Ackroyd! Sheesh. Between you and Watson, you've got, what? Ten
hours of TV watching per decade? You one of those elitist book
readers?

And Chevy Chase can read other people's funny writing pretty well.
Without writers, he sucks!

David

John Spangler

Nov 3, 2002, 2:27:14 AM11/3/02

> "whitster" <wh...@whit.com> wrote
> > David Cohen <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote
> > > "whitster" <wh...@whit.com> wrote

> state

> subjective, i
> > > can
> > >
> > > Wow! Go out on a limb, will ya?
> > >
> > > You two would do a fine "Point-Counterpoint" skit: "Bryce, it is
> > > indisputable that blah blah blah sociologic blah reference blah
> blah."
> > > "Whit, you ignorant slut!..."
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > except chevy chase is much funnier than him.
>
> Dan Ackroyd! Sheesh.

omg! inexcusable error on my part.

damn!

that sucked.

Between you and Watson, you've got, what? Ten
> hours of TV watching per decade? You one of those elitist book
> readers?

only if they don't have big werds.

> And Chevy Chase can read other people's funny writing pretty well.
> Without writers, he sucks!

yes. my bad. but he falls well.

whit

> David

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 2:28:57 AM11/3/02

David Cohen wrote:

> Hehehe...you amuse me, like your internet lover, Lysis. You're a
> keeper.
>
> Female trolls can be such a turn-on.
>
> David

Ah, so now I am a Troll eh?
Good then. Trolls seem to be welcome here...

<raises left hand> I, Celene, do solemnly swear
to the the best troll MFW has ever had, and will
do my level best to outwit Lysis.
<lowers hand>

Don't ruin your keyboard with your one-handed typing now! <G>

Celene

Lucas Buck

Nov 3, 2002, 3:46:57 AM11/3/02
On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 06:52:38 GMT, "David Cohen" <sammi...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>> > You two would do a fine "Point-Counterpoint" skit: "Bryce, it is
>> > indisputable that blah blah blah sociologic blah reference blah blah."
>> > "Whit, you ignorant slut!..."
>> >
>> > David
>>
>> except chevy chase is much funnier than him.
>
> Dan Ackroyd! Sheesh.

It's spelled AYKROYD.

Sheesh.

Lucas Buck

Nov 3, 2002, 3:49:20 AM11/3/02
On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 01:28:57 -0600, Celene <s...@grandecom.net> wrote:

>David Cohen wrote:
>

>> Hehehe...you amuse me, like your internet lover, Lysis. You're a
>> keeper.
>>
>> Female trolls can be such a turn-on.
>>
>> David
>
>Ah, so now I am a Troll eh?
>Good then. Trolls seem to be welcome here...
>
><raises left hand> I, Celene, do solemnly swear
>to the the best troll MFW has ever had, and will
>do my level best to outwit Lysis.

Oh, gee, now THERE's a challenge.
Sorta like proving superhuman height by out-reaching Krista.

Lucas Buck

Nov 3, 2002, 3:50:51 AM11/3/02
On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 00:13:27 -0600, Celene <s...@grandecom.net> wrote:

>pAula wrote:
>

>> Excuse me Selene (or whoever you are), but do you always see things so black
>> and white? Are you a new grad nurse or do you have a year or so experience
>> under your belt?
>>
>> --
>> pAula
>>

>4 year BS degree. 5 years as an RN in the emergency dept.
>Am considering going back to school, and would like to get
>into pediatrics.
>
>Why?

Because you're a child molester?

(don't RNs have to go to nursing school nowadays?)

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 3:57:36 AM11/3/02

Lucas Buck wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 00:13:27 -0600, Celene <s...@grandecom.net> wrote:
>

> >pAula wrote:
> >

> >> Excuse me Selene (or whoever you are), but do you always see things so black
> >> and white? Are you a new grad nurse or do you have a year or so experience
> >> under your belt?
> >>
> >> --
> >> pAula
> >>

> >4 year BS degree. 5 years as an RN in the emergency dept.
> >Am considering going back to school, and would like to get
> >into pediatrics.
> >
> >Why?
>
> Because you're a child molester?

See? That is what I meant about lack of honor on this list. :-(

Lysis is the child molester remember?

I'm the dog hater.

Get it straight!

> (don't RNs have to go to nursing school nowadays?)

Yes, but you can get a BS and Masters in nursing. :-)

Celene

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 3:59:05 AM11/3/02

Lucas Buck wrote:

I never said it was going to be difficult. <grins>

Surprised you have not tried it...
or are you not a dominant male???

Hmmmm.... step into my world. You'd probably enjoy it.

Celene

lysis

Nov 3, 2002, 6:39:02 AM11/3/02
In article <3DC4BE85...@grandecom.net>,
s...@grandecom.net wrote:

>4 year BS degree. 5 years as an RN in the emergency dept.
>Am considering going back to school, and would like to get
>into pediatrics.

Do you plan to cook children? Can one cook in pewter kitchenware?

Art S

Nov 3, 2002, 8:55:32 AM11/3/02

"Celene" <s...@grandecom.net> wrote in message news:3DC4D037...@grandecom.net...

You might want to rethink that ambition (being the best troll
MFW has ever had).

Do a search on "Pusbag", a troll of legendary proportions.

(I never cared for him, myself, but the old-timers loved him).

As for Lysis, I dunno. Maybe you can get him to raise his
level of discourse a tad, so he'll be more interesting to read.

Art

J. Thiessen

Nov 3, 2002, 5:18:56 PM11/3/02
In article <apvn6q$hmm$1...@usc.edu>, Kayla Chloe Lee wrote:

> "J. Thiessen" <inan...@cyberspace.orgASDF> wrote in message
>

>> I wonder how much of the dopey animals-are-harmless behavior kids exhibit
>> is due to an overdose of disneyfied critters in movies. You read stories
>> in the paper every year about tourists treating bears in Yellowstone like
>> they were members of a child's petting zoo.
>>
>> J.
>>

> That would be Darwinism at work.
>
> Other flashes of great intelligence
>
> www.darwinawards.com

Seen most of 'em. If you like to be amused by some true (but mostly not)
stuff, check out the alt.folklore.urban FAQ/archive at

http://www.urbanlegends.com/

J.

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 5:20:48 PM11/3/02

lysis wrote:

Oh cuddly bear! Did I scare you?
Such a mean remark only means that you are afraid of me!!!

Don't be scared snuggles. I promise I won't hurt you, unless you beg me
too. <G>

Come lick my toes. I promise you will like it!
If you do a good job, you can move up from there!

Celene

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 5:23:00 PM11/3/02

Art S wrote:

I did some research on pusbag...
He was indeed amusing. :-)

I will succeed in seducing Lysis.

I usually get what I want... <eg>

Celene

Lucas Buck

Nov 3, 2002, 5:32:56 PM11/3/02
On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 16:20:48 -0600, Celene <s...@grandecom.net> wrote:

>lysis wrote:
>
>> In article <3DC4BE85...@grandecom.net>,
>> s...@grandecom.net wrote:
>>
>> >4 year BS degree. 5 years as an RN in the emergency dept.
>> >Am considering going back to school, and would like to get
>> >into pediatrics.
>>
>> Do you plan to cook children? Can one cook in pewter kitchenware?
>
>Oh cuddly bear! Did I scare you?
>Such a mean remark only means that you are afraid of me!!!
>
>Don't be scared snuggles. I promise I won't hurt you, unless you beg me
>too. <G>

Please choose another pet name for "it".

"Snuggles" is a fine and respected name, belonging to a very fine canine.
Please don't taint it with association to Lysis.

lysis

Nov 3, 2002, 5:37:19 PM11/3/02
In article <3DC5A13D...@grandecom.net>,
s...@grandecom.net wrote:

>Oh cuddly bear! Did I scare you?

You are nurse, nurse. You can only scare Housekeeping.
Nurse would be the inferiormost of professions, but for lawyer.
Now swallow.

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 5:55:31 PM11/3/02

lysis wrote:

Uh uh cuddly bear... Didn't you know that nurses really rule the roost?
They save Dr.'s from making fatal mistakes with bad chart entries on
a regular basis.

Plus they get to attempt to decipher the sloppy writing!

Now _you_, down on your knees and BEG!!!

Celene

Nina

Nov 3, 2002, 5:58:23 PM11/3/02

> Nina wrote:
>

> > Welcome to Proving One's Point, 101.
> >
> > Mr. Cohen, I believe you have the floor.
> >
> > Egads,
> > Nina
> >
> > --
>
> Typical militant dog owner...

> You totally missed the point of my post!

Can a point be made if it doesn't exist in the first place?

> Cohen takes "nervous" dogs to the dog park, then
> asks people to leave his dog alone.
>
> He takes a skitzy little dog to the dog park that likes to
> "tip" other people's poor dogs and does not keep
> her on a leash.
>
> YOU take your improperly socialized dog into a public
> place on haloween night, worry about her running into
> the street when you are beset by innocent children,
> (why wasn't she on a leash so that she could not get
> away from you?)

You dumb bitch, the dog was on a leash. The kids approached the dog
after I asked them and their parents not to, twice. At that point, to
protect the dog (who, BTW, would have done nothing to the kids. The dog
wasn't lunging at the kids, she was lunging AWAY from the kids) the only
thing I could do was cradle her until they walked by.

Learn how to read. With your comprehension, I hope you don't have kids
or dogs. The problem isn't kids or dogs, it's stupid fuckers like you.

Cheers,

Nina

Nov 3, 2002, 6:01:40 PM11/3/02
In article <pD3x9.4098$t4.4...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"David Cohen" <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Yeah, but I doubt she's housebroken.

John HUDSON

Nov 3, 2002, 6:16:51 PM11/3/02
**

"Nina" <ninaS...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Learn how to read. With your comprehension, I hope you don't have kids
> or dogs. The problem isn't kids or dogs, it's stupid fuckers like you.

This one had me laughing Nina; say it as it is girl - good old fashioned and
uncomplicated MFW vulgarity! <VBG>

John

**

lysis

Nov 3, 2002, 6:19:38 PM11/3/02
In article <3DC5A960...@grandecom.net>,
s...@grandecom.net wrote:

>They save Dr.'s from making fatal mistakes with bad chart entries on
>a regular basis.

Why do that? What would be the motivation? Marriage?

>Plus they get to attempt to decipher the sloppy writing!

Why do that? What would be the motivation? Marriage?

You never answer anything, Pewter Lady. Not only are you fatter than
your lover Chomp Lady, you are also dumber (if that be possible).

Richard Bray

Nov 3, 2002, 6:30:37 PM11/3/02

>You dumb bitch, the dog was on a leash. The kids approached the dog
>after I asked them and their parents not to, twice. At that point, to
>protect the dog (who, BTW, would have done nothing to the kids. The dog
>wasn't lunging at the kids, she was lunging AWAY from the kids) the only
>thing I could do was cradle her until they walked by.
>
>Learn how to read. With your comprehension, I hope you don't have kids
>or dogs. The problem isn't kids or dogs, it's stupid fuckers like you.
>
>Cheers,
>Nina

Nina, maybe I haven't been especially diligent followiing this thread,
but I think this is the first time the word 'leash' has come up.

John M. Williams

Nov 3, 2002, 6:33:45 PM11/3/02
lysis@wherever_pleases_your_fancy.including_eexigr (lysis) wrote:

>s...@grandecom.net wrote:
>
>>Oh cuddly bear! Did I scare you?
>
>You are nurse, nurse. You can only scare Housekeeping.
>Nurse would be the inferiormost of professions ...

Nurse expose his incompetence, causing him embarrassment.

>... but for lawyer.

Lawyer expose his incompetence and indiscretion, causing him to flee
country.

Sad. Very sad. His mental illness worsens, too.

Nina

Nov 3, 2002, 6:37:58 PM11/3/02
In article <8tbbsu4fm8a3e4reh...@4ax.com>, Richard Bray
<wri...@itop.com> wrote:

"Walking the dog" has "leash" implied. Does anyone ever say "I was
walking the dog, on-leash..."? Generally, one specifies if a dog is
off-leash.

However, if said person honestly didn't think that I had my dog on a
leash, then I'll retract the above statement. I don't walk my dog
off-leash, ever. Why? Because I'm a Militant Dog Owner, of course.

Celene

Nov 3, 2002, 7:00:59 PM11/3/02

Nina wrote:

> In article <3DC4A3FB...@grandecom.net>, s...@grandecom.net wrote:
>

> > You totally missed the point of my post!
>
> Can a point be made if it doesn't exist in the first place?

Only if you are illiterate...

> > YOU take your improperly socialized dog into a public
> > place on haloween night, worry about her running into
> > the street when you are beset by innocent children,
> > (why wasn't she on a leash so that she could not get
> > away from you?)
>
> You dumb bitch, the dog was on a leash. The kids approached the dog
> after I asked them and their parents not to, twice. At that point, to
> protect the dog (who, BTW, would have done nothing to the kids. The dog
> wasn't lunging at the kids, she was lunging AWAY from the kids) the only
> thing I could do was cradle her until they walked by.

Then why did you say you were worried about her darting into the street?
That indicates that she could get away from you. Leashed dogs can't usually

do that. Now who is being "dumb"?

As for me being a bitch, yes, and proud of it. :->

> Learn how to read. With your comprehension, I hope you don't have kids
> or dogs. The problem isn't kids or dogs, it's stupid fuckers like you.
>
> Cheers,
> Nina

Nina, you made an error in judgment. You _don't_take a dog that is _known_
be afraid of children out on HALLOWEEN night when you know the streets
would
be full of kids? Who is the dumb one here?

The kids are going to be kids. The parents were probably more concerned
about
keeping their children out of the street than about some dummy with a
spooked dog.

Celene

It is loading more messages.