Actual WIC Food List.

JoellesHusband

Sep 4, 2001, 3:36:39 PM9/4/01
These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
product names will vary.

Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.

The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
grown peaches were SWEET!!!

Also in Pa. you must pick a store that participates in WIC and your
checks are issued to that store ONLY. Our son required a formula that
cost over $11 a can and was availiable only in ready to serve, so a
month of formula was way over $300. WIC helped us out greatly and
we're not even "deadbeats" as Elaine puts it.

INFANT FOODS
Infant Formula:
Enfamil with Iron (yellow label), ProSobee or LactoFree. No Low-Iron
Formula
Infant Juice:
Gerber or Heinz, 4 or 32 oz, container 100% juice only.
Infant Cereal:
Gerber or Heinz, 8 or 16 oz. container. Plain varieties only.
Allowed foods list
Return to top of page

CEREALS 9 oz and larger
Crisp Rice:
Crispy Rice:
General Mills:

Kellogg's:

Little Crow:
Malt-O-Meal:

Nabisco:

Post:

Quaker:
Best Yet, Hy Top
Hy Vee, Price Saver, Ralston, Shurfine
Cheerios (plain), Com Chex, KIX (plain), Gold Medal Raisin Bran,
Multi-Grain Cheerios Plus, Rice Chex, Total Corn Flakes, Wheaties
(plain), Whole Grain Total (plain), 100% Whole Grain Wheat Chex
Apple Cinnamon Mini-Wheats, Blueberry Mini-Wheats, Crispix, Corn
Flakes, Frosted Mini-Wheats (regular or bite-size), Product 19, Raisin
Mini-Wheats, Special K
Coco Wheats
Puffed Rice, Toasty O's (plain); Hot Cereal: Chocolate Malt-O-Meal,
Quick Malt-O-Meal
Cream of Wheat (1, 2 1/2, or 10 Minute; Instant: original flavor
only)
Banana Nut Crunch, Bran Flakes, Grape Nuts, Honey Bunches of Oats
(Honey Roasted or with Almonds)
King Vitaman, Life (regular); Hot Cereal: Instant Oatmeal (regular
flavor only), Instant Grits (original flavor only), Quick n' Hearty
(microwave, regular flavor)

Allowed foods list
Return to top of page

JUICES 100% natural juice only Pulp-free or calcium fortified juice
is permitted
Non-Frozen Concentrate - 11.5 oz.:
Juicy Juice Welch's

Juicemakers (All 100% juice varieties)

Frozen Concentrate - 11.5 or 12 oz.:
Apple - Old Orchard (all varieties), Seneca (all varieties), Tree Top
Cranberry - Old Orchard
Dole - 100% fruit juice (all orange or pineapple varieties)
Grape - Seneca, Welch's 100% Purple or White Grape juice (all
varieties)
Grapefruit - Any brand
Orange - Any brand
Orange/Grapefruit - Any brand
Pineapple - Dole

46 oz. Can or Plastic Container
Apple - Musselman, Seneca, Speas Farm, Tree Top
Cranberry - Northland (all varieties)
Grape - Welch's 100% Purple or White Grape Juice
Grapefruit - Any brand
Juicy Juice - All flavors
Orange - Any brand Orange/Grapefruit - Any brand
Orange/Pineapple - Big Tex
Pineapple - Dole
Tomato - Del Monte
Vegetable - V-8 (regular flavor only)
Allowed foods list
Return to top of page

OTHER ALLOWED FOODS: Milk, Eggs Cheese, Peanut Butter, Dry Beans,
Peas, Lentils

Milk Gallon or half-gallon containers, quarts only if specified on
voucher.

Fluid: Whole, 2%, 1%, 1/2%, Skim or Nonfat (Vitamins A&D Fortified)
Lactose reduced: Quart containers allowed. Only if specified on
voucher.
Evaporated Milk: Whole or Skim. Only if specified on voucher.
Powdered Milk: Nonfat dry. only if specified on voucher.
No Buttertnilk, Goat, Soy, Chocolate or Flavored Milk
Eggs Fresh any size. Pasteurized eggs are permitted.
Cheese 8 oz. or larger, shredded or packaged in blocks. Low-fat or
reduced-fat cheese is permitted.
American Pasteurized Processed, Brick, Cheddar, Muenster Cheddarella,
Co-Jack (marble), Colby, Provolone, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella,
Muenster, Provolone, String - plain, unflavored Swiss
No Sliced, Diced or Grated Cheese
No Cheese Food or Cheese Spreads.
No Added ingredients (i.e. peppers). No Parmesan or Romano Cheese.
Peanut Butter Creamy or Crunchy
No added Jelly, Honey,Chocolate,No Reduced Fat
Dry Beans, Peas, Lentils 14-16 oz. packages
Black-eyed, Black/Turtle, Chickpeas, Garbanzo, Great Northern, Kidney,
Lentils, Lima, Mung, Navy, Pinto, Red, Soy, Split Peas, White, Whole
Peas
Allowed foods list
Return to top of page

The following food items are only allowed in certain circumstances.
These food items may only be purchased when listed on the front of the
voucher.
Canned Beans 15 or 16 oz. cans only. Plain tomato sauce is allowed.
Baked Beans, Beans w/Bacon, Black, Garbanzo, Great Northern, Kidney,
Navy, Pinto, Pork & Beans, Vegetarian
No Green, Snap, Yellow or Wax Beans.
No Soup, Chili, Barbecue, Sauces, Beef Franks, Honey or Spiced
Vegetables.
Tuna Canned water or oil pack only.
No Albacore of Lunch Packs/Kits
Carrots Packaged fresh, frozen or canned
No Sauces
Juice Individual serving size.
5.5-6 oz: Dole: Pineapple, Libbys: Grapefruit, Orange, Del Monte:
Pineapple
6.75 oz: Minute Maid: Orange
8.45 oz: Juicy Juice: All Flavors
Allowed foods list

Dan Birchall

Sep 4, 2001, 4:27:10 PM9/4/01
JoellesHusband <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote:
> These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
> These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
> product names will vary.
>
> Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.

It's good to see that by and large, the foods listed are nourishing
and not overly full of junk. (Some of the cereals are a bit more
sweetened than I'd think necessary, but oh well.)

> The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
> checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
> Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
> grown peaches were SWEET!!!

That's cool. There are weekly open markets all over the place here
but I don't know whether they do the checks. :)

-Dan

--
Dan Birchall - Palolo Valley - Hawaii - http://danbirchall.com/
Sick of your debt? Make Money Last! http://www.makemoneylast.com/

Sewmaster

Sep 4, 2001, 5:33:38 PM9/4/01
JoellesHusband wrote:

> These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
> These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
> product names will vary.

<huge snip>

Hi Rick, thanks for posting all that info.
I have always wondered about the foods available on WIC.
They are certainly good healthy stuff.

I remember when my brother lost his job & they had 2 babies,
WIC really helped them until they could get back on their feet.

I would add, don't let Elaine G bother you so much.
You know what she is & she's not worth getting too riled
up about. I think it is important to post corrections when she
is obviously wrong & spreading dangerous or stupid info.
Pat is right in her assessment I think, "fruitcake troll."
I never have cared for fruitcake, especially when it's stale. :)

Consider the source, & don't let her raise your blood pressure.

Have a great evening with your family. :)

Sewmaster

Elaine Gallant

Sep 4, 2001, 5:34:46 PM9/4/01

"JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

> These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
> These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
> product names will vary.
>
> Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.
>
> The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
> checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
> Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
> grown peaches were SWEET!!!

And THAT is my main objection to welfare. This man is getting paid by you
and me to sit around and reproduce.

> Also in Pa. you must pick a store that participates in WIC and your
> checks are issued to that store ONLY. Our son required a formula that
> cost over $11 a can and was availiable only in ready to serve, so a
> month of formula was way over $300. WIC helped us out greatly and
> we're not even "deadbeats" as Elaine puts it.

You personally are worse than a deadbeat. You're not even NICE to me, but
happily scarf down the food I put on your table.

This is YOUR kid. He should be YOUR responsibility. Not mine. You had the
choice of makin' the child. I didn't. Yet I get no choice when it comes to
supporting him.

I don't CARE how much it costs to feed your kid. You should have considered
the consequences when you stuck it in.

Chloe

Sep 4, 2001, 6:17:17 PM9/4/01
"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
<snip a whole bunch of vicious sniveling drivel>

> I don't CARE how much it costs to feed your kid. You should have
considered
> the consequences when you stuck it in.

I'm sure at some point your own father must have realized what a monster
he'd turned out, Elaine--probably when he most needed some little bit of
help or shred of compassion from you--and that's when he undoubtedly
regretted not considering those consequences himself. Hell, more likely he
wished he'd just had the darn thing just chopped off. I know I wish he had.

C., cringing and wondering how many more just like Elaine her parents didn't
have the common decency to abort.

Dennis

Sep 4, 2001, 6:28:01 PM9/4/01
On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 21:34:46 GMT, "Elaine Gallant"
<elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
>> These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
>> These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
>> product names will vary.
>>
>> Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.
>>
>> The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
>> checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
>> Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
>> grown peaches were SWEET!!!
>
>And THAT is my main objection to welfare. This man is getting paid by you
>and me to sit around and reproduce.

You have a problem with working at Kinko's?

Dennis (evil)

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 7:23:44 PM9/4/01

"JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
> These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
> These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
> product names will vary.

WIC is a great program isnt it? My daughter and her family have used it
since her first child was born. She can only get it for the youngest one
now and said she doesnt plan to continue using it any longer as it is
limited to so many people and she wants to allow others who need it more
than she does to receive it.

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 7:29:07 PM9/4/01

"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> And THAT is my main objection to welfare. This man is getting paid by you
> and me to sit around and reproduce.

Its not welfare you moron......My daughter and her husband both work and
they still qualify. He's a police officer and she's a pre-school teacher.

> You personally are worse than a deadbeat. You're not even NICE to me, but
> happily scarf down the food I put on your table.

Your point being???

> This is YOUR kid. He should be YOUR responsibility. Not mine. You had the
> choice of makin' the child. I didn't. Yet I get no choice when it comes to
> supporting him.

Too bad your parents didnt share your views....

> I don't CARE how much it costs to feed your kid. You should have
considered
> the consequences when you stuck it in.

Damn.....it must be rough to be so perfect.....

Elaine Gallant

Sep 4, 2001, 8:54:29 PM9/4/01

It's not feeding babies to which I object. It's the fact that I don't get a
choice in participating in the program, get no respect for participating,
and have to pretend I like it.

Or have the recipient laugh in my face because he KNOWS I wouldn't feed his
spawn unless there was a gun to my head. Which there is.

The WIC program is nothing less than armed robbery.

"Sewmaster" <sews...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 8:45:26 PM9/4/01

"JohnDoe" <Joh...@monmouth.com> wrote in message

> whatever euphemism you care to attach to it, it is still money being
> spent on people who should have thought things through before
> procreating.

Shit happens.....
I guess its selfish of my SIL to decide to become a police. Gee, I guess
he coulda been a pro baseball player and then wouldnt have needed the extra
help huh?

> thinking things out equates to being perfect, no wonder things are so
> screwed up

It would take more than just thinking things out to be perfect....there is
no such thing. (well except for Elaine of course)

Elaine Gallant

Sep 4, 2001, 8:51:12 PM9/4/01

"JohnDoe" <Joh...@monmouth.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:29:07 -0500, "suzn" <use...@swbell.net> wrote:
>

> >"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> And THAT is my main objection to welfare. This man is getting paid by
you
> >> and me to sit around and reproduce.
> >
> >Its not welfare you moron......
>
> whatever euphemism you care to attach to it, it is still money being
> spent on people who should have thought things through before
> procreating.

It's also another of my many objections to welfare. You're also supposed to
button your lip and pretend to LIKE it. Well, I don't like it, and don't
care who knows.

Not to mention many pay, but no one respects them for it. They call tax
payers names and disrespect them.

> >Damn.....it must be rough to be so perfect.....
>

> thinking things out equates to being perfect, no wonder things are so
> screwed up

Oh, that suzn is nothing to take seriously. She is dumber than dirt.

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 9:50:30 PM9/4/01

> It's also another of my many objections to welfare. You're also supposed
> button your lip and pretend to LIKE it. Well, I don't like it, and don't
> care who knows.

Oh well life isnt always fair. Get over it.

> Not to mention many pay, but no one respects them for it. They call tax
> payers names and disrespect them.

They who?
*They* are tax payers too.
You havent a clue as to what you are talking about, as usual.

> Oh, that suzn is nothing to take seriously. She is dumber than dirt.

Ummm Ok Elaine....That seems to be one of your nicer comments....You must be
mellowing out......

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 9:53:28 PM9/4/01

> It's not feeding babies to which I object.

Yes it is and you know it.....

> It's the fact that I don't get a
> choice in participating in the program, get no respect for participating,
> and have to pretend I like it.

You? pretend to like something? Dont make me puke.....

> Or have the recipient laugh in my face because he KNOWS I wouldn't feed
his
> spawn unless there was a gun to my head. Which there is.

I Could fix that....I own a gun.

> The WIC program is nothing less than armed robbery.

And you my sweet one are full of shit.

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 10:02:18 PM9/4/01

> maybe, your career choices like making babies should be well thought
> out

Mine were.....

Chloe

Sep 4, 2001, 10:08:52 PM9/4/01
"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> It's not feeding babies to which I object. It's the fact that I don't get
> choice in participating in the program, get no respect for participating,
> and have to pretend I like it.
>
> Or have the recipient laugh in my face because he KNOWS I wouldn't feed
his
> spawn unless there was a gun to my head. Which there is.
>
> The WIC program is nothing less than armed robbery.

Why don't you do us all a favor and leave the country?

Jean P Nance

Sep 4, 2001, 10:06:13 PM9/4/01
I was very interested to see the WIC food list. How times have changed.
I worked in, and for a while was director of, one of the early WIC
projects. The food list was much shorter and much less detailed. Milk, or
formula, about any form. Cereal, any boxed baby cereal, any dry cereal
that had iron in but NOT sugary kinds, cereals to be cooked, any.
Fruit juice, any REAL fruit juice. No brands of juice or cereal named.
For older babies and pregnant women, eggs, and cheese. Again, no naming
of brands or restrictions on those. This was in 1974.
We issued vouchers with the allowed kinds of food listed, and how much.
Almost all stores participated. We sat down with each mothr each month
and discussed her food choices with her, a chance to counsel on
nutrition. We did a little cheating, in special cases. A family with a
carful of kids including a small baby that looked sick and scrawny.We
signed the mother up and gave her vouchers. They were just going through
town. And, we didn't ask for proof of legal immigrant status. This was the
state of Washington, with lots of migrant workers.
Some of the mothers managed to get "illegal" foods. One mother claimed
her baby would only drink Hawain Punch, and the grocer let her get away
with it. One mother wanted a lot of the milk allotment for a 2 year old
in the form of cheese, which meant less milk. I asked her how a
toddler could eat that much cheese. The answer, "My boyfriend just LOVES
chsese". GRRR. One mother wanted a special applesauce and cereal instead
of plain baby cereal. He baby was about a month old. She said, "She
doesn't like plain cereal and I'm not going to make my baby eat anything
she doesn't like!" One overweight father insisted on having all the milk
allowance for two very underweight little girls as skim milk. His
explanation, he had heard milk fat settled in arteries. One mother with
two pale, anemic, pathetic little ones took only her milk allowance, all
in the form of dried skim milk. She wouldn't accept the other nutritious
food. I suspect she was stocking up against Armageddon, she was some sort
of religious fanatic.
But in general, I think we did a lot of good. Things must be much more
complicated now, with that list. I suspect Illinois gives some kind of
coupons good at farmers markets, I had been a little suprised to see "WE
accept WIC" on some of the stands.
The saddest were those who came to us too late. One pregnant mother
had been trying to get along on "Commodities", and the last few month,
commodities (government food) had not provided dry milk. They bought milk
for their two school-age children, mother went without. She only got
into our program the last month before her twin girls were born. She and
the babies were in severe calcium depletion, after delivery. One of the
babies almost died.
IN another case a woman came for help after her daughter-in-law had
delivered a stillborn, full term but underweight baby. She went
to he apartment and found they had almost no food, and had apparently been
getting along on short rations for some time. There was no arrangement for
mothers whose infant had died to get food, but again, we overlooked the
rules and gave her a month of WIC food. THis and the previous family had a
working father, but in the first case, he didn't make enough to buy food,
the second case was very young kids who just didn't plan well.
We were connected to a free clinic for children and their mothers. We
kept an eye out for skin problems, signs of abuse, other needs for
medical supervision, and sent those children directly to the clinic,
wich took care of them immediately, One of my co-workers is still director
of a PA WIC program. Apparently, there is little chance for her program
to do more than keep books, under the newer rules.

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 10:26:03 PM9/4/01

"Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote in message

> Why don't you do us all a favor and leave the country?

LOL. I'll even pitch in for the plane ticket.....

dmeyer...@panix.com

Sep 4, 2001, 10:33:33 PM9/4/01
"suzn" <use...@swbell.net> writes:
> "JohnDoe" <Joh...@monmouth.com> wrote in message

> I guess its selfish of my SIL to decide to become a police.

It's a job. Not a job I'd want, and I'm awfully grateful for
those who choose to do is, but it's a job. He's not doing it
out of the kindness of his heart.

> Gee, I guess
> he coulda been a pro baseball player and then wouldnt have needed the extra
> help huh?

Erm, if he "coulda been a pro baseball player" I'm pretty sure he
would be. Obviously, it wasn't an option.

--d (not arguing for or against WIC, but those were just silly
comments in response to, perhaps distasteful, but logical arguments)

Elaine Gallant

Sep 4, 2001, 10:37:24 PM9/4/01

I have nothing against a private program who's goal it was to feed babies.
I might even be convinced to make a contribution. If I got a choice in the
matter.

"JohnDoe" <Joh...@monmouth.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:45:26 -0500, "suzn" <use...@swbell.net> wrote:
>

> >"JohnDoe" <Joh...@monmouth.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> whatever euphemism you care to attach to it, it is still money being
> >> spent on people who should have thought things through before
> >> procreating.
> >
> >Shit happens.....
> >I guess its selfish of my SIL to decide to become a police. Gee, I
guess
> >he coulda been a pro baseball player and then wouldnt have needed the
extra
> >help huh?

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 10:51:50 PM9/4/01

<dmeyer...@panix.com> wrote in message

> It's a job. Not a job I'd want, and I'm awfully grateful for
> those who choose to do is, but it's a job. He's not doing it
> out of the kindness of his heart.

Well he damn sure isnt doing it for the money......

> Erm, if he "coulda been a pro baseball player" I'm pretty sure he
> would be. Obviously, it wasn't an option.

He could have had done just about anything he wanted but chose a profession
he felt was important to him.

> --d (not arguing for or against WIC, but those were just silly
> comments in response to, perhaps distasteful, but logical arguments)

I didnt feel your comments were distasteful at all....

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 10:52:42 PM9/4/01

> I have nothing against a private program who's goal it was to feed babies.
> I might even be convinced to make a contribution.

Are you on drugs tonight or what?

suzn

Sep 4, 2001, 11:09:24 PM9/4/01

"Joyce" <joy...@optonline.net> wrote in message

> That's not very frugal. I say duct tape her up, stuff her ugly ass in
> a barrel and send her cargo.
> Joyce

LMAO....true, its not frugal.....but I can get plane tickets dirt
cheap....even cheaper one way tickets....

bluevelv

Sep 4, 2001, 11:19:31 PM9/4/01
joelles...@mailandnews.com (JoellesHusband) wrote:

>These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
>These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
>product names will vary.
>
>Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.
>
>The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
>checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
>Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
>grown peaches were SWEET!!!

OK. I'll bite. What's WIC?

Being a white heterosexual male with no tattoos and all his teeth, and
also not being from the South, I'm somewhat out of touch with all the
latest government mooch programs.

Wild guess from right field. I paid for it with my tax dollars, and
at the same time everyone who gets it thinks I'm an asshole. Just
like welfare, medicaid, medicare, blah, blah, blah.

Am I close?

bluevelv

JoellesHusband

Sep 4, 2001, 11:19:02 PM9/4/01
"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<WNbl7.7431$Uf1.5...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>..."JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

>>And THAT is my main objection to welfare. This man is getting paid

by you
>>and me to sit around and reproduce.

No, it's your bigotry. I'm getting paid by my employer as is my wife
and we pay taxes like everyone else. Nobody is paying me to "sit
around" Get a clue, nitwit.

> Also in Pa. you must pick a store that participates in WIC and your
> checks are issued to that store ONLY. Our son required a formula that
> cost over $11 a can and was availiable only in ready to serve, so a
> month of formula was way over $300. WIC helped us out greatly and
> we're not even "deadbeats" as Elaine puts it.
>>You personally are worse than a deadbeat. You're not even NICE to
me, but
>>happily scarf down the food I put on your table.

You haven't put jack squat on my table. I work and pay taxes, you
don't.

>>This is YOUR kid. He should be YOUR responsibility. Not mine. You
had the
>>choice of makin' the child. I didn't. Yet I get no choice when it
comes to
>>supporting him.

That's because my wife and I support him, fruitcake.

>>I don't CARE how much it costs to feed your kid. You should have
considered
>>the consequences when you stuck it in.

I did. We wanted a baby and made one. You can't, because nobody wants
you. Get over it.

bluevelv

Sep 4, 2001, 11:57:09 PM9/4/01
Joyce <joy...@optonline.net> wrote:

>That's not very frugal. I say duct tape her up, stuff her ugly ass in
>a barrel and send her cargo.
>Joyce

Joyce, Hon - my guess is that when comparing Elaine Gallant's ass to
yours - hers doesn't come up the "the ugly one".

Or "the fat one".

Wild guess from right field. Call me "psychic".

NYUK, NYUK, NYUK.

bluevelv

bluevelv

Sep 5, 2001, 12:17:17 AM9/5/01
joelles...@mailandnews.com (JoellesHusband) wrote:

>These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
>These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
>product names will vary.
>
>Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.
>
>The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
>checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
>Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
>grown peaches were SWEET!!!
>
>Also in Pa. you must pick a store that participates in WIC and your
>checks are issued to that store ONLY. Our son required a formula that
>cost over $11 a can and was availiable only in ready to serve, so a
>month of formula was way over $300. WIC helped us out greatly and
>we're not even "deadbeats" as Elaine puts it.

Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a 10
pound kid?

And so you need "help". No wonder. I've probably never spent $300 in
a month to feed myself, and I weigh over 170 pounds.

What the hell is going on? What the fuck is WIC?

bluevelv

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 12:16:16 AM9/5/01

"bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message

> Joyce <joy...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:26:03 -0500, "suzn" <use...@swbell.net> wrote:
> >

> >>"Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote in message

> >>LOL. I'll even pitch in for the plane ticket.....
> >>

> >That's not very frugal. I say duct tape her up, stuff her ugly ass in
> >a barrel and send her cargo.
> >Joyce

WHY should I embrace buying the social programs? I DO buy them. Yet, if I
fail to claim to ADORE them, these whores get grumpy. Was getting yelled
at supposed to make me open my wallet more happily?

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 12:33:53 AM9/5/01

> Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a 10
> pound kid?
>
> And so you need "help". No wonder. I've probably never spent $300 in
> a month to feed myself, and I weigh over 170 pounds.
>
> What the hell is going on? What the fuck is WIC?

WIC Probably stands for food for Women Infants and Children. Now, I there
is much to be said for this type of program. My objection to it is that
charitable programs should include some actual CHARITY.

It's not charitable if you are forced to participate. I don't get a choice.
The welfare guy gets a choice, but I don't. How is that fair?

So the tax payer doen't get a choice. But then, if they mention they do not
LIKE games where they can't opt out, the govt. bullies call them "bad
sports".

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 12:35:23 AM9/5/01

> WHY should I embrace buying the social programs? I DO buy them. Yet, if I
> fail to claim to ADORE them, these whores get grumpy. Was getting yelled
> at supposed to make me open my wallet more happily?

Take your meds hon.....you're getting all worked up.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 12:36:51 AM9/5/01

"JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
> "Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
sband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

> >>And THAT is my main objection to welfare. This man is getting paid
> by you
> >>and me to sit around and reproduce.
>
> No, it's your bigotry.

Oh, right. I just can't do anything right but open my wallet, can I?

> I'm getting paid by my employer as is my wife
> and we pay taxes like everyone else. Nobody is paying me to "sit
> around" Get a clue, nitwit.

I can't imagine a world where different people get to operate by different
rules. It's criminal.

> >>I don't CARE how much it costs to feed your kid. You should have
> considered
> >>the consequences when you stuck it in.
>
> I did. We wanted a baby and made one. You can't, because nobody wants
> you. Get over it.

You're just a cheap thug welfare recipient.

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 12:40:49 AM9/5/01

"bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message

> Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a 10
> pound kid?

I take it you have never priced infant formula?

> And so you need "help". No wonder. I've probably never spent $300 in
> a month to feed myself, and I weigh over 170 pounds.

> What the hell is going on? What the fuck is WIC?

WIC....Women infants and children.
Wake up and pay attention darlin'

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 12:42:27 AM9/5/01

"bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message

> Wild guess from right field. Call me "psychic".

psycho

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 1:38:46 AM9/5/01

What I'm not clear about is why is would tick someone off that I don't care
for these consficatory programs? What difference does it make how someone
thinks or feels? I'm supposed to LOVE my carjacker?

It doesn't matter a whit how I or anyone else feels about being forced to
pay. We tax payers pay regardless.

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 2:15:03 AM9/5/01

> What I'm not clear about is why is would tick someone off that I don't
care
> for these consficatory programs? What difference does it make how someone
> thinks or feels? I'm supposed to LOVE my carjacker?

It doesnt matter how you feel Elaine. I think its how you put down people
or insult them that ticks them off. Heaven forbid you should ever require
assistance......
And no you dont love your carjacker....you arent EVEN capable of that.

> It doesn't matter a whit how I or anyone else feels about being forced to
> pay. We tax payers pay regardless.

Yep....no point getting your blood boiling over something you have no
control over.....learn to live with it.

DragnFlye

Sep 5, 2001, 1:27:32 AM9/5/01
This is a pretty comprehensive list. I think there should be a similar
program in Canada, at least there isn't one in BC now. It's far better than
just handing someone a check and expecting them to not buy booze or
cigarrettes with it. Before you label me anti-welfare, I was on welfare for
2 years and know many, many people who were on it who blew every check on
booze, smokes and bingo, while their kids are dirty and ragged. They were
my reason for getting off welfare because I didn't want to be associated
with them.

--
OO
O========= DragnFlye

Dennis

Sep 5, 2001, 11:54:54 AM9/5/01
On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 05:38:46 GMT, "Elaine Gallant"
<elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>What I'm not clear about is why is would tick someone off that I don't care
>for these consficatory programs? What difference does it make how someone
>thinks or feels? I'm supposed to LOVE my carjacker?

Elaine, haven't you figured out yet that it doesn't matter what you
say, Chloe and her homies will gather around and piss on you? Your
non-mainstream opinions make you a safe, politically correct target
for them to dump on. Note how they never offer any counter arguments,
just ridicule and venom.

Now, I don't necessarily find trolling or making fun at someone's
expense objectionable (obviously :-). Just the pretense of doing it
"for the good of the group" or "to protect naive new members" or
hiding behind some other transparent politically correct excuse. If
you just enjoy being an asshole, stand up and admit it.

Dennis (evil)

JoellesHusband

Sep 5, 2001, 12:20:10 PM9/5/01
blue...@nospam.dimensional.com (bluevelv) wrote in message news:<3b95a68f....@news.dimensional.com>...

> joelles...@mailandnews.com (JoellesHusband) wrote:
>
> >These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
> >These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
> >product names will vary.
> >
> >Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.
> >
> >The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
> >checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
> >Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
> >grown peaches were SWEET!!!
> >
> >Also in Pa. you must pick a store that participates in WIC and your
> >checks are issued to that store ONLY. Our son required a formula that
> >cost over $11 a can and was availiable only in ready to serve, so a
> >month of formula was way over $300. WIC helped us out greatly and
> >we're not even "deadbeats" as Elaine puts it.
>
> Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a 10
> pound kid?

No asshole, that was 2 years ago and the child couldn't tolerate formula.
No differant than having a birth defect, something you seem to have.

> And so you need "help". No wonder. I've probably never spent $300 in
> a month to feed myself, and I weigh over 170 pounds.

That's what crack will do to ya'.

JoellesHusband

Sep 5, 2001, 12:26:38 PM9/5/01
"DragnFlye" <eo...@ocol.com> wrote in message news:<9n4h2...@enews3.newsguy.com>...

> This is a pretty comprehensive list. I think there should be a similar
> program in Canada, at least there isn't one in BC now. It's far better than
> just handing someone a check and expecting them to not buy booze or
> cigarrettes with it. Before you label me anti-welfare, I was on welfare for
> 2 years and know many, many people who were on it who blew every check on
> booze, smokes and bingo, while their kids are dirty and ragged. They were
> my reason for getting off welfare because I didn't want to be associated
> with them.

I don't know anything about "welfare" as I have never been on it. WIC
isn't welfare. I work. My wife works. Both of us full time. I have
been paying taxes for over 22 years, just like that bitch Elaine
claims.

I know about the smokes and such purchased by welfare recipients and
it chaps by rear. I don't want to be associated with the white-trash
welfare types either but Insane Elaine keeps insisting I'm on welfare.
I do more work on accident than she does on purpose.

Rick

JoellesHusband

Sep 5, 2001, 12:31:04 PM9/5/01
blue...@nospam.dimensional.com (bluevelv) wrote in message news:<3b959830....@news.dimensional.com>...

> joelles...@mailandnews.com (JoellesHusband) wrote:
>
> >These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
> >These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
> >product names will vary.
>
> OK. I'll bite. What's WIC?
>
> Being a white heterosexual male with no tattoos and all his teeth, and
> also not being from the South, I'm somewhat out of touch with all the
> latest government mooch programs.
>
> Wild guess from right field. I paid for it with my tax dollars, and
> at the same time everyone who gets it thinks I'm an asshole. Just
> like welfare, medicaid, medicare, blah, blah, blah.
>
> Am I close?
>
> bluevelv

Funny how I've paid for it too, but am put down for using it.

Most everyone thinks you are an asshole regaurdless of whether they get WIC or not.

Rick

JoellesHusband

Sep 5, 2001, 12:39:36 PM9/5/01
"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<RWhl7.7898$Uf1.6...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> "bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message
> > Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a 10
> > pound kid?
> >
> > And so you need "help". No wonder. I've probably never spent $300 in
> > a month to feed myself, and I weigh over 170 pounds.
> >
> > What the hell is going on? What the fuck is WIC?
>
> WIC Probably stands for food for Women Infants and Children. Now, I there
> is much to be said for this type of program. My objection to it is that
> charitable programs should include some actual CHARITY.

"Now, I there"?! Spit it out Elaine, it's not that hard.

> It's not charitable if you are forced to participate. I don't get a choice.
> The welfare guy gets a choice, but I don't. How is that fair?

How am I on welfare? Please explain.
Every paycheck money is taken from my check for Medicare without me
being given a choice and I know damn well YOU will be using that
money. How is that fair?

> So the tax payer doen't get a choice. But then, if they mention they do not
> LIKE games where they can't opt out, the govt. bullies call them "bad
> sports".

Don't worry, you have been called worse.

Rick

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 1:05:41 PM9/5/01

"DragnFlye" <eo...@ocol.com> wrote in message
> This is a pretty comprehensive list. I think there should be a similar
> program in Canada

Ya, but you people got socialized medicine, and look where that got you.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 1:04:31 PM9/5/01

Dennis, your kindness and basic decency are truly appreciated.

"Dennis" <dg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 05:38:46 GMT, "Elaine Gallant"
> <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

> >What I'm not clear about is why is would tick someone off that I don't
care
> >for these consficatory programs? What difference does it make how someone
> >thinks or feels? I'm supposed to LOVE my carjacker?
>
> Elaine, haven't you figured out yet that it doesn't matter what you
> say, Chloe and her homies will gather around and piss on you? Your
> non-mainstream opinions make you a safe, politically correct target
> for them to dump on. Note how they never offer any counter arguments,
> just ridicule and venom.

Ok. Now at a certain level, you have described a highly productive and fun
political discussion. Revealing Chloe and her henchmen as the violent,
brown shirted government shills they are can be very enlightening. They can
be very easily led to digging their own graves by the simple process of
standing back and letting them reveal who they really are.

> Now, I don't necessarily find trolling or making fun at someone's
> expense objectionable (obviously :-). Just the pretense of doing it
> "for the good of the group" or "to protect naive new members" or
> hiding behind some other transparent politically correct excuse.

Well....ya. That's part of what makes it fun to call them on this junk.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 1:13:54 PM9/5/01

"DragnFlye" <eo...@ocol.com> wrote in message
> Before you label me anti-welfare

What's so bad about being labeled "anti-welfare"? It doesn't mean you're
anti-helpful.

> I was on welfare for
> 2 years and know many, many people who were on it who blew every check on
> booze, smokes and bingo, while their kids are dirty and ragged.

Government likes welfare a lot. Welfare recipients are government employees.
They provide the kids that govt. then uses to blackmail the tax payers. "Pay
up, or this child doesn't eat today".

Plus private church and charitable organizations can't really do much, as
they have to compete with govt. welfare.

> They were
> my reason for getting off welfare because I didn't want to be associated
> with them.

Actually, I tell welfare recipients to keep their mouths closed, and do
something part time. You can REALLY get ahead with The Man paying your
expenses while you get some under-the-table gigs going.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 1:16:18 PM9/5/01

"JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
> "DragnFlye" <eo...@ocol.com> wrote in message
> > This is a pretty comprehensive list. I think there should be a similar
> > program in Canada, at least there isn't one in BC now. It's far better
than
> > just handing someone a check and expecting them to not buy booze or
> > cigarrettes with it. Before you label me anti-welfare, I was on welfare
for
> > 2 years and know many, many people who were on it who blew every check
on
> > booze, smokes and bingo, while their kids are dirty and ragged. They
were
> > my reason for getting off welfare because I didn't want to be associated
> > with them.
> >
> I don't know anything about "welfare"

Sure ya do, you skanky welfare bum.

>as I have never been on it. WIC
> isn't welfare.

Ya, keep telling yourself that! haw haw.

> I work.

You might go through the motions, but are incompetent.

>My wife works.

Big duh! She picked you.

> Both of us full time. I have
> been paying taxes for over 22 years, just like that bitch Elaine
> claims.

Just brimming over with gratitude are you, you dog....

> I know about the smokes and such purchased by welfare recipients and
> it chaps by rear. I don't want to be associated with the white-trash
> welfare types either but Insane Elaine keeps insisting I'm on welfare.
> I do more work on accident than she does on purpose.

It's called working smarter, not harder. Naturally, you would not be clear
on the concept.

JoellesHusband

Sep 5, 2001, 2:20:54 PM9/5/01
"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<GTil7.7938$Uf1.6...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> What I'm not clear about is why is would tick someone off that I don't care
> for these consficatory programs? What difference does it make how someone
> thinks or feels? I'm supposed to LOVE my carjacker?

Hey, you married him. We could care less whether you love him or not.
You took what you could get.

> It doesn't matter a whit how I or anyone else feels about being forced to
> pay. We tax payers pay regardless.

Explain how I'm NOT a taxpayer.

Rick

lee

Sep 5, 2001, 2:28:55 PM9/5/01

> "bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message
> > Wild guess from right field. Call me "psychic".

How about if we call you home to the 3rd floor, psych. ward, you psycho!
Debra-

Sewmaster

Sep 5, 2001, 2:44:39 PM9/5/01

LOL!

Sewmaster

Dennis

Sep 5, 2001, 3:47:47 PM9/5/01
On 5 Sep 2001 11:20:54 -0700, joelles...@mailandnews.com
(JoellesHusband) wrote:

>"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<GTil7.7938$Uf1.6...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
>> What I'm not clear about is why is would tick someone off that I don't care
>> for these consficatory programs? What difference does it make how someone
>> thinks or feels? I'm supposed to LOVE my carjacker?
>
>Hey, you married him. We could care less whether you love him or not.

Not bad. ;-)

(But it's "couldn't care less". If you "could care less", you are
reserving some concern over the matter. Sorry, pet peeve. We now
return to our regular programming...)

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 5:11:32 PM9/5/01

"JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
> Explain how I'm NOT a taxpayer.

Ok. You finally ask a good question. There's a wonderful tradition connected
with the search for the Holy Grail. It's believers' stance that the grail
can be found, only when the right question is asked.

So. Explain how I'm NOT a taxpayer.

When you are on a govt. program like WIC, your groceries are free. Or at
least some of them are free.

That means when YOU shop, you pay less at the cash register than I do for
the same stuff.

The Real Bev

Sep 5, 2001, 6:13:11 PM9/5/01
Dan Birchall wrote:

> JoellesHusband <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote:
> > These are the actual foods that may be purchased with WIC vouchers.
> > These are consistant from state to state, of course store brand
> > product names will vary.
> >
> > Some foods are only avaliable to nursing mothers such as tuna.
>
> It's good to see that by and large, the foods listed are nourishing
> and not overly full of junk. (Some of the cereals are a bit more
> sweetened than I'd think necessary, but oh well.)

Yup. Never met a kid yet who didn't like raw Cheerios. They seem to allow
an awful lot of what I would consider junk food/empty calories, and I wonder
why they require special permission for nonfat dry milk and tuna, the only
high-protein/low-fat stuff on the list. And what's wrong with carrots?

Way too much sugar-stuff which people will figure out how to buy without
assistance; no point in making it easy.

> > The state of Pennsylvania also provides us with "Farmers Market"
> > checks which can be used to purchase Pa. grown fruits and vegatables.
> > Our last FM check was for $40 and let me tell you Elaine, those Pa.
> > grown peaches were SWEET!!!
>

> That's cool. There are weekly open markets all over the place here
> but I don't know whether they do the checks. :)

The ones around here are more expensive than supermarket prices for
marginally better stuff. Fortunately many of the cheap ethnic
produce/grocery markets are located in poorer neighborhoods.

Hawaii question: are there cheap ethnic markets there, or do transportation
costs swamp everything?

--
Cheers,
Bev

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 6:28:37 PM9/5/01

"The Real Bev" <bas...@alpinemail.com> wrote in message

> Hawaii question: are there cheap ethnic markets there, or do
transportation
> costs swamp everything?

My family and I lived in Hawaii when I was little. Mmmmm god, how I loved
the smell of the little Asian markets. Fresh pressed unfiltered coconut oil
permeated everything. Fresh and salted fish, sea weed, poi. Strange
vegetables I've never seen before or since.

How sweet it was to step into the market and out of the hot sun. Bare foot,
covered with sand. Everything was such a treat.

It's Just Me!

Sep 5, 2001, 7:59:59 PM9/5/01
I've been reading through all the juvenile retorts and such about this
issue and one thing I haven't seen discussed and about which I am
curious:

Rick, if I may ask... why *exactly* are you (or your kids, so to speak)
on the WIC program?

Thanks.
(nothing new below)

JoellesHusband wrote:

> "Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<WNbl7.7431$Uf1.5...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>..."JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message

> >>And THAT is my main objection to welfare. This man is getting paid
> by you
> >>and me to sit around and reproduce.
>

> No, it's your bigotry. I'm getting paid by my employer as is my wife

> and we pay taxes like everyone else. Nobody is paying me to "sit
> around" Get a clue, nitwit.
>

> > Also in Pa. you must pick a store that participates in WIC and your
> > checks are issued to that store ONLY. Our son required a formula that
> > cost over $11 a can and was availiable only in ready to serve, so a
> > month of formula was way over $300. WIC helped us out greatly and
> > we're not even "deadbeats" as Elaine puts it.

> >>You personally are worse than a deadbeat. You're not even NICE to
> me, but
> >>happily scarf down the food I put on your table.
>
> You haven't put jack squat on my table. I work and pay taxes, you
> don't.
>
> >>This is YOUR kid. He should be YOUR responsibility. Not mine. You
> had the
> >>choice of makin' the child. I didn't. Yet I get no choice when it
> comes to
> >>supporting him.
>
> That's because my wife and I support him, fruitcake.

Lee

Sep 5, 2001, 8:03:06 PM9/5/01

"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> It's not feeding babies to which I object. It's the fact that I don't get
> choice in participating in the program, get no respect for participating,
> and have to pretend I like it.
>
> Or have the recipient laugh in my face because he KNOWS I wouldn't feed
his
> spawn unless there was a gun to my head. Which there is.
>
> The WIC program is nothing less than armed robbery.

Yeah, well I feel the same way about Corporate Welfare and a whole bunch of
other government programs. But I tell myself we are trying to have a
SOCIETY here and I have to play nice. I'd much rather hungry kids get my
tax money than greedy corporate types.
Lee

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 8:07:39 PM9/5/01

> then stop your whining, if you can't feed 'em don't breed 'em

Huh? I fed mine just fine.....

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 8:08:16 PM9/5/01

> what is he doing it for?

Maybe he just likes to shoot people.....

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 8:09:12 PM9/5/01

> if you cannot afford the formula either breast feed or don't breed
> them

I had no problem buying formula......

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 8:16:03 PM9/5/01

> When you are on a govt. program like WIC, your groceries are free. Or at
> least some of them are free.
>
> That means when YOU shop, you pay less at the cash register than I do for
> the same stuff.

Some states DONT tax food......

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 8:20:50 PM9/5/01

> you certainly don't pay income tax, sales and property taxes you do
> pay

And you would somehow know this because???

suzn

Sep 5, 2001, 8:22:16 PM9/5/01

> Not bad. ;-)
>
> (But it's "couldn't care less". If you "could care less", you are
> reserving some concern over the matter. Sorry, pet peeve. We now
> return to our regular programming...)

I get that mixed up all the time too.....its just easier to say you dont
give a rats patootie.....

JoellesHusband

Sep 5, 2001, 9:09:26 PM9/5/01
"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<C5tl7.8257$Uf1.6...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> "JoellesHusband" <joelles...@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
> > "DragnFlye" <eo...@ocol.com> wrote in message
> > > This is a pretty comprehensive list. I think there should be a similar
> > > program in Canada, at least there isn't one in BC now. It's far better
> than
> > > just handing someone a check and expecting them to not buy booze or
> > > cigarrettes with it. Before you label me anti-welfare, I was on welfare
> for
> > > 2 years and know many, many people who were on it who blew every check
> on
> > > booze, smokes and bingo, while their kids are dirty and ragged. They
> were
> > > my reason for getting off welfare because I didn't want to be associated
> > > with them.
> > >
> > I don't know anything about "welfare"
>
> Sure ya do, you skanky welfare bum.

Thanks for the juicy peaches, peaches!

Dan Birchall

Sep 5, 2001, 10:16:06 PM9/5/01
"The Real Bev" <bas...@alpinemail.com> wrote:
> Hawaii question: are there cheap ethnic markets there, or do
> transportation costs swamp everything?

Hmmm. Transportation costs do impact the prices of some products.
I see it mostly in the case of things which are in rigid packages
that take up lots of space in shipping. There was another thread on
here about cereal getting insanely expensive some places... we know
all about that. :)

On the other hand, there's a LOT of rice in local diets, and rice
packs densely and ships well.

Fresh fruits and vegetables are readily available all over the
place, and Chinatown has a rep for being cheap with a big variety.
Of course, you can grow stuff too... as long as it doesn't need
cold winter like certain crops.

Dairy products are expensive (the difference between their prices
and those of soy-based "health food" products we were used to on
the mainland is almost nonexistent here)... meat grown in-state is
available for what I presume are fairly okay prices, and fish is
plentiful, diverse and not too expensive.

Where we live ("suburban" Honolulu) the real killer expense is
housing. Vacant land is about $1.1 million/acre. We are eager
to relocate to another island, where consumables may be a smidge
higher, but land is $2-14 thousand/acre.

--
Dan Birchall - Palolo Valley - Hawaii - http://danbirchall.com/
Sick of your debt? Make Money Last! http://www.makemoneylast.com/
Please read my address carefully if you're considering spamming me.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 5, 2001, 10:56:08 PM9/5/01

"Lee" <LA...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >
> > It's not feeding babies to which I object. It's the fact that I don't
get
> > choice in participating in the program, get no respect for
participating,
> > and have to pretend I like it.
> >
> > Or have the recipient laugh in my face because he KNOWS I wouldn't feed
> his
> > spawn unless there was a gun to my head. Which there is.
> >
> > The WIC program is nothing less than armed robbery.
> >

> Yeah, well I feel the same way about Corporate Welfare

There's no such thing as "corporate welfare".

>and a whole bunch of
> other government programs.

Ok, I'm with you there. Any service you can think of can be run better and
less expensively on a private basis.

>But I tell myself we are trying to have a
> SOCIETY here and I have to play nice. I'd much rather hungry kids get my
> tax money than greedy corporate types.

I think it's reasonable to expect to be in charge of your own income.

> Lee

Val VanCleve

Sep 5, 2001, 11:37:32 PM9/5/01

"suzn" <use...@swbell.net> wrote in message

> I get that mixed up all the time too.....its just easier to say you dont
> give a rats patootie.....

I didn't see Rat Patootie on the list...Eeeewwwww

Lee

Sep 6, 2001, 12:00:14 AM9/6/01

> There's no such thing as "corporate welfare".

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/1998/dom/981116/special_report.corporat3a.
html
ALLIEDSIGNAL
Bossidy has complained about the "hundreds of thousands of able-bodied
people who stay on welfare for years at a time"--but his company is a major
recipient of corporate welfare

A COMPANY THAT THRIVES...
Over the past five years, Allied's profits nearly tripled to $1.2 billion.
For the entire period, the company earned more than $4 billion

...BUT IS STILL ON WELFARE
During that same period of soaring profits, Allied collected more than $150
million in state and federal corporate welfare

...FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES
Allied gets export subsidies, loans and guarantees overseas, breaks on real
estate taxes, federal research contracts and incentives to build new
offices.

GENERAL ELECTRIC
One of the world's best-run and most successful companies, GE has moved
smartly to become a global powerhouse

BRINGING IN THE BUCKS...
Over the past 11 years, GE's profits rose 228%--from $2.5 billion in 1986 to
$8.2 billion in 1997

...BUT STILL ON WELFARE
GE gets export subsidies, tax credits, loan guarantees, government-research
contracts and federally provided insurance for overseas projects

...AND STILL CUTTING JOBS
In 11 years, GE has cut more than 120,000 jobs, reducing its work force
nearly one-half
+++++++

Uh, what do YOU call it? I don't know why I'm wasting the time, but this is
stuff that I found in about 2 seconds.
Lee

suzn

Sep 6, 2001, 12:06:21 AM9/6/01

> with other people's money?

Excuse me? I never said I used yours or anyone else's money to feed my
kids....Come to think of it I DID use the governments money......It was
called military pay.....
Jeeze, if you cant keep up with the conversation then perhaps you should
STFU.

suzn

Sep 6, 2001, 12:07:43 AM9/6/01

"Val VanCleve" <gna...@direcpc.com> wrote in message

> I didn't see Rat Patootie on the list...Eeeewwwww

LMAO....

mr_potter

Sep 6, 2001, 3:08:06 AM9/6/01
In article <cBBl7.13067$KV3.1...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, Elaine
Gallant says...

>There's no such thing as "corporate welfare".

You're a bigger boob than I thought -- a BIGGER, BIGGER boob.....

--
Best
Greg

gregorymorrowatmsndotcom

lee

Sep 6, 2001, 7:41:43 AM9/6/01
Hawaii is one place I've always wanted to visit.
Debra-

Caren

Sep 6, 2001, 11:03:08 AM9/6/01
Jean P Nance <jp...@bluestem.prairienet.org> wrote in message news:<9n41al$h6c$1...@wildfire.prairienet.org>...
> I was very interested to see the WIC food list. How times have changed.
> I worked in, and for a while was director of, one of the early WIC
> projects. The food list was much shorter and much less detailed. Milk, or
> formula, about any form. Cereal, any boxed baby cereal, any dry cereal
> that had iron in but NOT sugary kinds, cereals to be cooked, any.
> Fruit juice, any REAL fruit juice. No brands of juice or cereal named.
> For older babies and pregnant women, eggs, and cheese. Again, no naming
> of brands or restrictions on those. This was in 1974.
> We issued vouchers with the allowed kinds of food listed, and how much.
> Almost all stores participated. We sat down with each mothr each month
> and discussed her food choices with her, a chance to counsel on
> nutrition. We did a little cheating, in special cases. A family with a
> carful of kids including a small baby that looked sick and scrawny.We
> signed the mother up and gave her vouchers. They were just going through
> town. And, we didn't ask for proof of legal immigrant status. This was the
> state of Washington, with lots of migrant workers.

(Snip)

So nice to see caring people who are willing to adjust government
bureaucracy.

I see a lot of WIC use at one of the grocery stores I frequent. My
only objection is that it's complicated with all those coupons and
sorting food into juice and cereal and milk and then checking to be
sure that it's the right juice and cereal and milk. Surely the
government can trust the poor to select their own groceries.

--
Caren

Dennis

Sep 6, 2001, 11:58:42 AM9/6/01
On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 00:03:06 GMT, "Lee" <LA...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, well I feel the same way about Corporate Welfare and a whole bunch of
>other government programs. But I tell myself we are trying to have a
>SOCIETY here and I have to play nice. I'd much rather hungry kids get my
>tax money than greedy corporate types.

Now see? That's the cool thing about libertarians -- you get oppose
both social programs AND corporate handouts. You get to be against
the war on drugs AND against gun control. None of this wishy-washy
one-or-the-other crap of the two big parties.

Actually, that sounds way too negative. A more accurate way of saying
it is: you get to be FOR the US Constitution.

Sep 6, 2001, 2:01:47 PM9/6/01
WIC does indeed stand for Women Infants an Children. It is a federally
funded feeding program for "low income" families. As was pointed out by
several other posters, low income is based on a sliding scale of number
of people in the household and the total income the family brings in.

I have to agree with Elaine to a small degree - yes, there are some
people that cheat the system. I have had first hand experience with
such a case. I am a foster parent. Being a foster parent, I qualify
based on the amount of income that the foster child makes. For quite a
while I didn't participate and just paid for my foster child's formula
out of my own pocket. I was then told told that by not participating I
was messing up the budgeting numbers for future years. There are X
number of children that are in foster care and Y dollars spent per child
and if all that money is not used then in future years they budget
less. Made sense to me so I started participating. Much to my surprise
when I signed up the foster child's mother was already claiming her. I
proved that I had had custody since birth and they went after the birth
mother for re-payment and interest.

As far as being upset for having to pay for this program out of your tax
dollars.... Why not target a less benevolent program as a recipient of
your dislike for example the federally funded program designed to help
sell off undeveloped public land or the program that collects rainfall
measurements from many sites located on Pacific atolls and islands...
There is so much crap out there that your tax dollar supports. At least
be upset about something that isn't improving a human life.

Elaine Gallant wrote:

> "bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message

> > Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a 10
> > pound kid?
> >
> > And so you need "help". No wonder. I've probably never spent $300 in
> > a month to feed myself, and I weigh over 170 pounds.
> >
> > What the hell is going on? What the fuck is WIC?
>
> WIC Probably stands for food for Women Infants and Children. Now, I there
> is much to be said for this type of program. My objection to it is that
> charitable programs should include some actual CHARITY.
>
> It's not charitable if you are forced to participate. I don't get a choice.
> The welfare guy gets a choice, but I don't. How is that fair?
>
> So the tax payer doen't get a choice. But then, if they mention they do not
> LIKE games where they can't opt out, the govt. bullies call them "bad
> sports".

Lee

Sep 6, 2001, 3:01:46 PM9/6/01

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 00:03:06 GMT, "Lee" <LA...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Yeah, well I feel the same way about Corporate Welfare and a whole bunch
of
> >other government programs. But I tell myself we are trying to have a
> >SOCIETY here and I have to play nice. I'd much rather hungry kids get my
> >tax money than greedy corporate types.
>
> Now see? That's the cool thing about libertarians -- you get oppose
> both social programs AND corporate handouts. You get to be against
> the war on drugs AND against gun control. None of this wishy-washy
> one-or-the-other crap of the two big parties.
>
> Actually, that sounds way too negative. A more accurate way of saying
> it is: you get to be FOR the US Constitution.

Or at least YOUR interpretation of it, Dennis.
Lee

suzn

Sep 6, 2001, 3:19:43 PM9/6/01

"J" <NOT...@ONLYstarband.net> wrote in message

> At least
> be upset about something that isn't improving a human life.

Amen to that and thank you......:)

Dennis

Sep 6, 2001, 3:59:10 PM9/6/01

Oh, not just mine -- see:
www.lp.org

Really, it's a pretty straightforward document. All the weasel words
are in the subsequent laws that the politicians have stretched the
original (almost beyond recognition) to get passed for their various
purposes.

Dennis (evil)
--
The honest man is the one who realizes that he cannot
consume more, in his lifetime, than he produces.

ob

Sep 6, 2001, 4:10:35 PM9/6/01

"Lee" <LA...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Yeah, well I feel the same way about Corporate Welfare and a whole

bunch of
> other government programs. But I tell myself we are trying to have a
> SOCIETY here and I have to play nice. I'd much rather hungry kids get
my
> tax money than greedy corporate types.
> Lee

well, if they didn't steal it from you, then you could give all of it to
feed hungry children, instead of just a bit of it.

Dennis

Sep 6, 2001, 4:28:30 PM9/6/01
OK, here is a point that doesn't sit right. Maybe someone can explain
it to me.

First, a disclaimer: while in general, I am against government run
social programs and think our taxes are too high, I do not begrudge
anyone a single bite of food that they get as a result of one or more
of the programs being discussed here. If tax money is going to be
spent, this is one of the least objectionable ways to spend it that I
can think of. I donate considerable money and goods to private
charities who provide food to those in need.

Now, my kids just started school, so they brought home forms for the
subsidized school lunch program. Looking through the eligibility
requirements, I see that our family of five would become eligible at a
household income of just under $40K/year. Almost $20/hour at full
time! I seem to remember a similar figure posted in this thread for
the WIC program. According to the US census bureau, the median US
household income is, yep, just under $40K/year (1999 numbers). The
official poverty level for two adults with three children is about
$20K/year. So the eligibility threshhold seems on the generous side.
What am I missing here?

Chloe

Sep 6, 2001, 5:50:47 PM9/6/01
"Lee" <LA...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Wow, if Dennis is going to be this funny I might have to "livefile" him
again. Why is that, anyway, the way libertarians are always against
everything? And why do libertarians have their little party line just like
the two major parties do? How come I can't be one and be against corporate
welfare, gun control, the war on drugs, but for some social programs? Oh
well...I guess I just don't fit in :(

And finally, the biggest question of all: why do we need a Supreme Court at
all when we have a Dennis to tell us what the Constitution means? Seems to
me we taxpayers could save a bundle by firing all those justices (well,
maybe keep Justice Thomas on as Dennis' law clerk), tear down that building,
sell the nicer parts like the friezes and columns as architectural salvage
and maybe put up a parking lot on the site. Should be a good moneymaker.

Chloe Myung Moon, Now Assembling Fresh and Frugal Ideas for the New World
Unification

Lee

Sep 6, 2001, 6:20:51 PM9/6/01

"Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote in message news:XcSl7.89772>

> Wow, if Dennis is going to be this funny I might have to "livefile" him
> again. >
> And finally, the biggest question of all: why do we need a Supreme Court
at
> all when we have a Dennis to tell us what the Constitution means? Seems to
> me we taxpayers could save a bundle by firing all those justices (well,
> maybe keep Justice Thomas on as Dennis' law clerk), tear down that
building,
> sell the nicer parts like the friezes and columns as architectural salvage
> and maybe put up a parking lot on the site. Should be a good moneymaker.
>
> Chloe Myung Moon, Now Assembling Fresh and Frugal Ideas for the New World
> Unification

Yeah, he could keep Justice Thomas as his clerk. I'd sure like to see
Justices Ginsburg & O'Conner get ahold of him tho.

Lee

Dennis

Sep 6, 2001, 6:57:05 PM9/6/01
On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:50:47 GMT, "Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote:

>Wow, if Dennis is going to be this funny I might have to "livefile" him
>again.

OK, but just be sure to announce it when you do so everyone knows, OK?
Maybe you could post a great big KNOLP!

>Why is that, anyway, the way libertarians are always against
>everything?

Hmm, maybe because a big chunk of the current government is not really
all that useful and some is actually counter-productive ? Less is
more.

>And why do libertarians have their little party line just like
>the two major parties do? How come I can't be one and be against corporate
>welfare, gun control, the war on drugs, but for some social programs?

Of course you can! Just don't pay for those programs with someone
else's money.

>Oh well...I guess I just don't fit in :(

Oh Chloe, it's OK. You'll always have a place here -- heck, we keep
SS (FMG) and the Beav around, too.

>And finally, the biggest question of all: why do we need a Supreme Court at
>all when we have a Dennis to tell us what the Constitution means? Seems to
>me we taxpayers could save a bundle by firing all those justices (well,
>maybe keep Justice Thomas on as Dennis' law clerk), tear down that building,
>sell the nicer parts like the friezes and columns as architectural salvage
>and maybe put up a parking lot on the site. Should be a good moneymaker.

I appreciate the sentiment, but really, it's not necessary. Unlike so
many of the laws passed in the last century, the US Constitution is
preeminently readable and understandable. A true work of genius. Do
take time to read it yourself someday.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 6, 2001, 7:44:52 PM9/6/01

Oh, ya, I forgot why there was so much coconut oil. Everybody used it before
the invention of sunscreen as suntan lotion.

"lee" <b...@slic.com> wrote in message

Elaine Gallant

Sep 6, 2001, 7:46:06 PM9/6/01

It's just a phrase. There isn't actually a "corporate welfare" don't be so
naive.

"Lee" <LA...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Elaine Gallant

Sep 6, 2001, 7:48:25 PM9/6/01

Of course there aren't literally "corporate handouts". They will cut a
variety of under the table deals where one group gets this or that tax cut
in exchange for something or other.

The corporation is still paying LOTS in taxes.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 6, 2001, 8:08:18 PM9/6/01

"J" <NOT...@ONLYstarband.net> wrote in message
> For quite a
> while I didn't participate and just paid for my foster child's formula
> out of my own pocket. I was then told told that by not participating I
> was messing up the budgeting numbers for future years. There are X
> number of children that are in foster care and Y dollars spent per child
> and if all that money is not used then in future years they budget
> less. Made sense to me so I started participating.

Gee you're smart. Yes. You discovered for yourself how all government
programs work. How they grow, get bigger, get bigger budgets, more
employees, more attention. This is how each section of government grows into
a department and/or field of study, major in college.

> Much to my surprise
> when I signed up the foster child's mother was already claiming her. I
> proved that I had had custody since birth and they went after the birth
> mother for re-payment and interest.

She sure missed the boat on that one. As soon as the fed started sniffing
around, she should have gotten pregnant again. That would have gotten her
off the hook.

> As far as being upset for having to pay for this program

I never said WIC was the worst govt. program out there. I SAID "hey wouldn't
it be nice to get at LEAST as much of a choice in the deal as the kid's
parents got?

Also, it make me wonder what it would be like it charitable groups actually
acted on the largess of participants rather than violence to get the money.

> out of your tax
> dollars.

My income is NOT tax dollars or soon to be claimed tax dollars. My income is
my property.

The very IDEA of federal programs to get these simple things done like
getting some baby milk is stupid.

ANYONE can form a group who's goal it is to help kids get better nutrition.

>... Why not target a less benevolent program as a recipient of
> your dislike for example the federally funded program designed to help
> sell off undeveloped public land or the program that collects rainfall
> measurements from many sites located on Pacific atolls and islands...
> There is so much crap out there that your tax dollar supports. At least
> be upset about something that isn't improving a human life.

Raising kids to feel entitled is not doing them any favors. All they need
is a couple cans of formula and someone responsible to keep an eye on them.
Give a child something healthy to eat. How hard is that? Do we seriously
need to move heaven and hell to plop a baby bottle into their mouths.?

Elaine Gallant

Sep 6, 2001, 8:12:36 PM9/6/01

It's sort of like corporate welfare. You're STILL going to be paying them
plenty with an income of 40K.

However, govt. determined that it's in their best interest to sell programs
even to well situation middle class people.

Just THINK of how fast the programs can grow if they get everybody on them.
Of course this will end up raising your taxes by at least as much as buying
the lunches yourself every day. But you will feel like you're getting
something wonderful from govt. And govt. can grow.

"Dennis" <dg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Elaine Gallant

Sep 6, 2001, 8:13:27 PM9/6/01

> "bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a 10
> > pound kid?
>
> I take it you have never priced infant formula?

Did he ever price a vascectomy? Bet the total is less than the cost of the
kid.

Daye

Sep 6, 2001, 9:47:42 PM9/6/01

Caren wrote in message
<9931153d.01090...@posting.google.com>...

>I see a lot of WIC use at one of the grocery stores I frequent. My
>only objection is that it's complicated with all those coupons and
>sorting food into juice and cereal and milk and then checking to be
>sure that it's the right juice and cereal and milk. Surely the
>government can trust the poor to select their own groceries.

Maybe but too many would abuse the system. In Australia, you can
get food vouchers for food if you are poor and hungry. You are not
allowed to buy alcohol or cigarettes with them. However, I was
behind a man in line at a grocery store. He was cussing the checker
out because she wouldn't allow him to use his food vouchers to buy
cigs.

Daye

ob

Sep 6, 2001, 9:54:22 PM9/6/01

> It's sort of like corporate welfare. You're STILL going to be paying
them
> plenty with an income of 40K.
>
> However, govt. determined that it's in their best interest to sell
programs
> even to well situation middle class people.
>
> Just THINK of how fast the programs can grow if they get everybody on
them.
> Of course this will end up raising your taxes by at least as much as
buying
> the lunches yourself every day. But you will feel like you're getting
> something wonderful from govt. And govt. can grow.

which, of course, is precisely what the govt wants. when they get
done, the govt will tell us when to get up, when to go to bed, what job
we do, what we eat, what we wear, how many kids you can have, where
you'll live---does any of this sound familiar? that's exactly what a
certain group in the govt wants: mindless robots to cater to the
priveleged few, vast expanses of forests and nat'l parks available only
for their use, etc. this is where it's going. get everyone sucking
on the federal tit and sqeeze their balls.

ob

Sep 6, 2001, 10:01:22 PM9/6/01
> "suzn" <use...@swbell.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "bluevelv" <blue...@nospam.dimensional.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Let me get this straight. You are spending $300/month to feed a
10
> > > pound kid?
> >
> > I take it you have never priced infant formula?

nursing is much cheaper. there are moms who can't do it for physical
reasons or maybe there are some babies who can't have it, but the vast
majority of moms and babies can. it can even be expressed and frozen
for the babysitter/daycare. so my question is: why are our taxes
going to buy baby formula when virtually 100% of babies can be nursed?
why does wic pay

Lee

Sep 6, 2001, 10:27:34 PM9/6/01

> It's just a phrase. There isn't actually a "corporate welfare" don't be so
> naive.

There may not actually be a "Corporate Welfare Office", but there IS
corporate welfare.

Lee (who's waaaay to old to be naive about much of anything)

suzn

Sep 6, 2001, 10:51:00 PM9/6/01

"ob" <no...@here.com> wrote in message

> nursing is much cheaper. there are moms who can't do it for physical
> reasons or maybe there are some babies who can't have it, but the vast
> majority of moms and babies can. it can even be expressed and frozen
> for the babysitter/daycare. so my question is: why are our taxes
> going to buy baby formula when virtually 100% of babies can be nursed?
> why does wic pay

Yes nursing is much cheaper than bottle feeding but as you say, there are
some who wont/dont /cant nurse for various reasons. Its much better for the
baby also. But, if put the way you say, why do they make formula if
virtually 100% of babies can be breast fed? Because some
cant/wont/dont......

suzn

Sep 6, 2001, 11:13:09 PM9/6/01

> Did he ever price a vascectomy? Bet the total is less than the cost of the
> kid.

Actually the cost for my DH vasectomy WAS less than a large can of formula.

Elaine Gallant

Sep 6, 2001, 11:36:26 PM9/6/01

ALL services can be offered to the public on a subscription basis. This
would be both fair, non violent, and much more frugal than a central body
who's entire reason for existence was to administer programs.

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:50:47 GMT, "Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote:
>How come I can't be one and be against corporate
> >welfare, gun control, the war on drugs, but for some social programs?

It could be set up just like satelite tv. You subscribe to the services you
want to purchase or support. Don't subscribe to things to which you
disapprove. Just get stuff meaningful to you, or a cause you wish to
promote.

> Of course you can! Just don't pay for those programs with someone
> else's money.
>
> >Oh well...I guess I just don't fit in :(

It's not necessary to use force to get people to buy programs. In fact, if
you have to MAKE them it's a bad program.

quan...@webtv.net

Sep 7, 2001, 12:05:43 AM9/7/01
I just read through this whole thread. Not one comment was made about
the recent TV program about the governments waste (and stupidity) about
housing and badly run programs. Some so messed up, only privately run
organizations can straighten them out.

In case nobody (but me) paid any attention to it....it was stated we
(taxpayers) spend about $20,000 (maybe
more) on? (for) every family at or below the poverty level every year.

I kinda doubt that regardless of how smart or dumb you think your fellow
contributors to this NG are, even the dumbest could figure a way to lift
those who are at or below the poverty level out of just about any
situation they may find themselves in with (give or take) 20 grand a
year to work with.

Q2

Elaine Gallant

Sep 7, 2001, 12:54:43 AM9/7/01

In the US, Foodstamps generally trade one for two with dollars. Every
neighborhood has a few dealers who will exchange foodstamps for money.

"Daye" <bren...@NO.SPAM.labyrinth.net.au> wrote in message

Elaine Gallant

Sep 7, 2001, 12:57:20 AM9/7/01

Well yeah, but you must bear in mind the real purpose of social services-
the reason is to grow government. The recipients only get a small percentage
of the cash raised to run the program.

The lion's share of the programs are in administration. Welfare recipients
are a form of government employer and state baby makers.

<quan...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Neander Thal

Neander Thal

Sep 7, 2001, 4:17:30 AM9/7/01
dg...@hotmail.com (Dennis) wrote, in part:
>Elaine, haven't you figured out yet
>that it doesn't matter what you say,
Just wonder...maybe she doesn't care, enjoys the controversy?

>Chloe and her homies will gather
>around and piss on you?
Rather a sad spectacle, think I over-estimated this one, and several
others.

>Your non-mainstream opinions make
>you a safe, politically correct target for
>them to dump on.
True. It's considered "mean-spirited" to expect healthy, able-bodied
adults to make responsible decisions and take care of themselves.
>Note how they never offer any counter
>arguments, just ridicule and venom.
Exactly what I noticed, as of early Wednesday morn. I've not kept up
with these seemingly ubiquitous Wic threads,, but as of _then_, it
seemed Elaine at least, was the only one in a _thinking_ mode, wheras
everyone else was just emoting. Not to suggest they have no thinking
ability, or don't harbor some persuasive arguments, it's just that their
emotions seem to overwhelm their thoughts, (if they have any)
When they have no "ammo" against the message, they have to attack the
messenger. Accurately labeling, (or diagnosing?) :) Elaine does nothing
to bolster their case.
I agree wih her _in principle_, not necessarily the particulars of this
specific topic.

linda-renee

Sep 7, 2001, 7:17:48 AM9/7/01
"Elaine Gallant" <elaine....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Oh, ya, I forgot why there was so much coconut oil. Everybody used it

before
> the invention of sunscreen as suntan lotion.

Heck, I remember when people used iodine mixed with baby oil as suntan
lotion.....

suzn

Sep 7, 2001, 2:31:04 PM9/7/01

"linda-renee" <no> wrote in message

> Heck, I remember when people used iodine mixed with baby oil as suntan
> lotion.....

Ackkkkk I use to do that......now I dont go outside without some type of sun
screen.....

suzn

Sep 7, 2001, 2:33:35 PM9/7/01

> In the US, Foodstamps generally trade one for two with dollars. Every
> neighborhood has a few dealers who will exchange foodstamps for money.

Here in Texas they have whats called the Lone-Star card. As far as I know
they dont issue paper food stamps any longer in this state so that has
helped to reduce fraud.

It is loading more messages.