Real-time Minix 3

Bianco Zandbergen

Nov 14, 2009, 2:36:39 AM11/14/09
to minix3
Hello group,

I would like to share with you my efforts creating a soft real-time
Minix 3 distribution.
It has the following features:

* Based on Minix 3 version 3.1.2a
* Earliest Deadline First scheduling.
* Rate-Monotonic scheduling (no support for periodic processes
yet).
* Run-time switching of real-time scheduling algorithm.
* Prioritized message passing.
* Semaphores.

Website: http://www.rtminix3.org

Regards,

Bianco Zandbergen

Roman Ignatov

Dec 8, 2009, 12:41:53 AM12/8/09
to minix3
Very impressive work, Bianco. Thanks a lot.
I have question. What is the future rtminix3 roadmap?

tota

Dec 8, 2009, 7:33:24 AM12/8/09
to minix3
Very useful.

>     * Based on Minix 3 version 3.1.2a

Why Minix 3 version 3.1.2a?

On 8 дек, 08:41, Roman Ignatov <igna...@minix3.ru> wrote:
> I have question. What is the future rtminix3 roadmap?

Yes, will you future rtminix3 roadmap?

Tota

Bianco Zandbergen

Dec 12, 2009, 5:37:14 PM12/12/09
to minix3
There are no short term plans to improve RTMINIX3.
The work has been done as part of a univerity course.
All future updates will have to be done 'in my own spare time' which
isn't much at the moment.
Problably there will be one.. some day..

> Why Minix 3 version 3.1.2a?

At that moment 3.1.3a was the latest stable. I did not knew that to be
honest as 3.1.2a was on top of the downloads list.
Nevertheless 3.1.2a is not a bad choice as it provides very good
readable code compared to some more recent versions.
However a port to 3.1.5 is wished.

Kind regards,

Bianco Zandbergen

tota

Dec 13, 2009, 11:12:06 AM12/13/09
to minix3
When will be MINIX 3 REAL-TIME in official roadmap?
This is question to Ben :)

Yuntao Yang

Dec 13, 2009, 1:50:31 PM12/13/09
to min...@googlegroups.com
You said the work has been done as part of a university course, could I know which university provide this course?
Thx

tota

Dec 14, 2009, 5:13:37 AM12/14/09
to minix3
Can we will create the official project real-time MINIX 3?

Tota

Pablo Pessolani

Dec 14, 2009, 7:36:21 AM12/14/09
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hi:
   I am the creator of a Hard Real Time Operating System based on MINIX 2.2.0. Its name is  MINIX4RT (Minix For Real -Time)
http://sites.google.com/site/minix4rt/
   Now we are working on the migration of MINIX4RT to MINIX3 adding more features. Tell me if you are interested in participate in this project with us.

   There is another group that has migrated MINIX4RT to MINIX3. Its web site is:
http://realtimeminix.sourceforge.net/

Regards
MSc. Pablo Pessolani

> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 02:13:37 -0800
> Subject: [minix3] Re: Real-time Minix 3
> From: tota...@yandex.ru
> To: min...@googlegroups.com

> Can we will create the official project real-time MINIX 3?
>
> Tota
>
> --

¿Cansado de borrar spam de tu bandea de entrada? ¡Ganá tiempo con el nuevo filtro anti spam de Hotmail!

杨红

Dec 14, 2009, 6:37:07 AM12/14/09
to min...@googlegroups.com
It's a wonderful idea! But I have some problems, since that I am working for my thesis this term. I wholeheartedly support such a project, and if I have free hours I will contribute to it. Thanks for your invitation!

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:13 PM, tota <tota...@yandex.ru> wrote:
Can we will create the official project real-time MINIX 3?

Tota

Kindly regards,
--
Hong YANG
Undergraduate,

Yuntao Yang

Dec 14, 2009, 10:52:43 AM12/14/09
to min...@googlegroups.com
I am working on the thesis about the Real time Minix 3 as well. I will look through your project if I am free. I have checked the MINIX4RT and I thought it is really a good project. Anyway, I will follow your project progress and hope to make some contributions to your project. Thx