Re: How do I turn these off?

Greg Maxey

Oct 9, 2005, 8:38:06 AM10/9/05
These "crop marks" are usually the result of an East Asian language enabled
in your Word application.

Go to Start>All Programs>Microsoft Office>Microsoft Office Tools>Microsoft
Office (Your version) Language settings and disable any enabled East Asian
languages.

You can review the KB Article on this topic at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

If the above process still doesn't clear it up, then try the following
steps checking to see if the problem is resolved after each step.

1. Starting Word in Office safe mode (hold ctrl key when starting Word).
2. Use Start>Search to locate and delete any files using the search string
of
~$*.*;*.tmp
3. Run repair reinstall for MS Office using the Windows Control Panel
Add/Remove programs command..

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Mark wrote:
> These greyed out tabs have appeared in my Word docs and I don't know
> how to turn them off. They are in each corner and line up with the
> tabs / margins of the ruler, so I'm pretty sure they're something to
> do with that.
>
> Appreciate if someone could tell me what they are (used for) and how
> to turn them off.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

ill_ag

Oct 18, 2005, 11:57:03 PM10/18/05
"Greg Maxey" wrote:
THANK YOU!!!!
I have been looking for a fix for this "problem" for over a year, and this
fix finally did the trick!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Greg

Oct 19, 2005, 7:38:12 AM10/19/05
Next time ask sooner ;-)

Mark

Oct 19, 2005, 12:44:01 PM10/19/05
Greg,

Smashing pal - that did the trick perfectly. Never would have fathomed that
one out!

Mark