vertical alignment in text box or shape

Steve Block

Jul 3, 2008, 11:23:05 AM7/3/08
Office 2007 Help says I should be able to vertically align text within a text
box or shape. However, on the Text Box tab in my 'Format Autoshape' and
'Format Text Box' windows the 'Vertical Alignment' options are greyed out and
therefore unavailable. How come, please?

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Jul 3, 2008, 11:59:33 AM7/3/08
Hi Steve,

If you're saving the file in Word 97-2003 or Word compatibility mode then the new features aren't available. With a document open
if you use
Office Button=>Convert
the file becomes a Word 2007 .docx format file and the new features 'turn on'.

You can also use Office Button=>Save As=>Word document to create a .docx file while keeping the original .doc file as well.

<<"Steve Block" <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42D531E8-EA17-43B5...@microsoft.com...

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP