Re: how to set up default option for text paste

Stefan Blom

May 31, 2006, 4:36:46 AM5/31/06
You could use a macro such as the following:

Sub PasteAsUnformatted()
On Error Resume Next
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

For instructions, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm. (The
article also has information on how to add the macro to a toolbar.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PeterG" wrote in message
> When I paste text to MS Word from Word or any other application it
uses by
> defualt style from the source document. I have to use Paste button
and select
> "Keep Text Only" option to have pasted text formatted as current
paragraph.
> In most cases I need to have pasted text formatted as current
paragraph. Is
> there any place where I can speccify default Paste style as "Keep
Text Only"?
> Thanks a lot!

PeterG

May 31, 2006, 6:04:02 AM5/31/06
Thaks a lot for your help!
Could you please tell me - does it mean I have to choose my macro from emnu
to paste text as unformatted or there any way to link this macro to "OnPaste"
event (or something like this)?

Stefan Blom

May 31, 2006, 6:10:06 AM5/31/06
If you name the macro EditPaste (instead of PasteAsUnformatted) it
will override the built-in paste command. But note that this means
you'd have to use Paste Special whenever you actually want to preserve
the formatting (such as when you paste text between different parts of
a document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PeterG" wrote in message

PeterG

May 31, 2006, 7:43:01 AM5/31/06
One more thing.
This macro DOESN'T work when I paste text using Drag'n'Drop with <Ctrl>
button pressed. Is there any way to make it working in this case too?

Thanks.

Stefan Blom

May 31, 2006, 8:10:43 AM5/31/06
Glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PeterG" wrote in message
> Great! That is I was looking for. Thanks a lot! You are the one!

Stefan Blom

May 31, 2006, 8:37:28 AM5/31/06
Not that I know of. You could try asking in a programming newsgroup
such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PeterG" wrote in message