protection lock shaded out

mrmitch

Feb 24, 2007, 12:09:05 AM2/24/07
How do I get the lock button on the tool bar to not be shaded. I can't use it
as it is.

Cindy M.

Feb 26, 2007, 2:46:54 PM2/26/07
Hi =?Utf-8?B?bXJtaXRjaA==?=,

> How do I get the lock button on the tool bar to not be shaded. I can't use it
> as it is.

We need more information. Which version of Word? Which toolbar? What is the
description of the button when you hover the mouse over it (should appear in a
yellow "flag")?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

mrmitch

Feb 26, 2007, 5:39:32 PM2/26/07
It is Word 2003
It is the Forms Toolbar
the flag says 'protect form'
I noticed that this occurs when I am working in the template I am creating.
When I open a new document with the template-the lock button seems to be ok.
thanks

Cindy M.

Feb 28, 2007, 2:48:55 PM2/28/07
Hi =?Utf-8?B?bXJtaXRjaA==?=,

> It is Word 2003
> It is the Forms Toolbar
> the flag says 'protect form'
> I noticed that this occurs when I am working in the template I am creating.
> When I open a new document with the template-the lock button seems to be ok.

Did you ever use Tools/Protection to protect/unprotect this form? I've found
that using the commands in this task pane will sometimes disable that button
on the Forms toolbar. Are you able to use the task pane to change the
protection?

Rames

May 17, 2007, 10:40:02 AM5/17/07
I am having the same trouble -- the Protect Form icon is greyed out. I have
Word 2003 and Windows XP. The Forms toolbar is up and running. I can add
text fields and check boxes to my document. However, I can't lock (protect)
the form. I haven't used the Tools/Protect option at all. The form fields
are in a TABLE. Why is the lock icon greyed out?
Thanks for your help.

Rames

May 17, 2007, 10:51:04 AM5/17/07
FYI When I copied and pasted the text and table into a new document, the lock
icon appeared as active. Wonder why it was greyed out on the other document?