Differentiating between my macros on Quick Access Toolbar

Louise

Feb 24, 2007, 6:46:08 PM2/24/07
I have about 1/2 doz macros saved onto the Quick Access Toolbar but need to
differentiate between them -- how do I assign an icon/create an icon to
diferrentiate them from each other. I'm sick of guessing and hitting the
wrong macro !

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Feb 25, 2007, 12:58:21 PM2/25/07
When you hover the mouse pointer over the default icon, the name of the
macro will appear. But I too would like to be able to customize the icons on
the QAT.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Louise" <Lou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Feb 25, 2007, 1:00:25 PM2/25/07
Actually, if you click on the Modify Button when customizing the QAT, there
is a range of alternate icons that you can assign.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Patrick Schmid [MVP]

Feb 25, 2007, 2:51:00 PM2/25/07
The more elaborate solution is to add the macro via RibbonX to the
Ribbon with a custom icon (it can be added hidden btw, so it doesn't
even show up on the Ribbon, but it will be in the QAT Customization
dialog) and then add this new item to the QAT.
I'll eventually get around to adding the ability to add macros with
custom icons to my RibbonCustomizer add-in, after I am done fighting
with Vista and setup...

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net