Endnotes to Text

41 vues

Amit Ron

non lue,
22 sept. 2004, 10:39:1922/09/2004
In finalizing a manuscript, I am trying to add a title to
the endnotes page and to add sentences that are not parts
of the endnotes. To do so, can I create a new document
in which the endnotes appear as regular text? When I
saved the document in rtf format, it was saved without
the endnotes.

Thanks,

Dayo Mitchell

non lue,
22 sept. 2004, 18:48:4122/09/2004
You can....**Make sure you do this on a copy,** as it's undoable and you can
no longer update the numbers. This is a macro by Doug Robbins that has been
given to others who had a similar request, and I believe it should do what
you want. The lines at the beginning describe what it does. Just run it
once. Then the notes will be regular text and you can type within them. (If
you have endnotes restarting after section breaks, doublecheck whether the
macro preserves that...)

By the way, you could actually type right into the endnotes as endnotes, but
the TOC won't pick up that text, it would be part of the endnote and show up
in the mouseover...it's a bit weird, though Word doesn't stop you from doing
it.

' Macro created 29/09/99 by Doug Robbins to replace endnotes with textnotes
at end of document
' to replace the endnote reference in the body of the document with a
superscript number.
'
Dim aendnote As Endnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter vbCr & aendnote.Index & vbTab &
aendnote.Range
aendnote.Reference.InsertBefore "a" & aendnote.Index & "a"
Next aendnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
aendnote.Reference.Delete
Next aendnote
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find.Replacement.Font
.Superscript = True
End With
With Selection.Find
.Text = "(a)([0-9]{1,})(a)"
.Replacement.Text = "\2"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

See, if necessary:
What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me
out?
I don't know how to install them and put them to use
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

0 nouveau message