Converting track changes text to normal text

Buzz

Apr 17, 2008, 7:31:00 AM4/17/08
I am working on a document in Word 2007 and Word 2002, and have used track
changes for edits. Is there a way to convert the track changes text to
regular text, with the additions becoming a normal font that is underlined
and the deleted text becoming a normal font with strikeout?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Apr 17, 2008, 7:50:03 AM4/17/08
Running a macro that contains the following code should do that:

Dim arev As Revision
For Each arev In ActiveDocument.Revisions
If arev.Type = wdRevisionDelete Then
arev.Range.Font.StrikeThrough = True
ElseIf arev.Type = wdRevisionInsert Then
arev.Range.Font.Underline = True
End If
arev.Accept
Next

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Buzz" <Bu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Mark

Apr 17, 2008, 10:28:53 AM4/17/08
Thanks - this was very helpful. I have never worked in Visual Basic
before, but I "winged" it and the macro worked. I had one problem, however.
The deleted text simply disappeared. Should there be a step that rejects
the deletion first, and then converts it to strikeout text? How would I
write that code?

Message has been deleted