Temporary files are not deleted after closing Word 2002 (didn't cr

Sburnside

Oct 20, 2004, 2:01:05 PM10/20/04
When using my network drive to access Word docs, the temp files are created
as they should be, but when I save and close the file the temp file does not
delete. I only have this problem with files that I access using the network
drive, the files in the "My Documents" folder create temps and then delete
when I am done. My Word hasn't crashed and everything is closed normally.
It also creates temp files for all my pasted pictures. Can somebody tell me
why Word is not deleting the temp files when it is not crashing and how to
fix it. I have already read the article "How Word uses Temporary files".
Thank you :)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Oct 20, 2004, 5:57:09 PM10/20/04
One of the causes of this problem is "SMB packet signing" (especially with
Windows Server 2003, I think). I have already told you more than I know
about this issue, but perhaps that clue will help you or your network admin
track down the problem.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)