page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page

Rasmus

Nov 13, 2009, 11:14:01 AM11/13/09
Hello.
What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page.
-(Page) at (SectionPages)-
Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it to
be 1 to 5 ex.

Please help

Stefan Blom

Nov 13, 2009, 3:20:25 PM11/13/09

In such a case, you will have to calculate the "Y" part in Page X of Y. For
example, if you want to calculate the number of pages in two sections, do
the following: In the header of the first section, insert { SET pagecount1
{ SECTIONPAGES } }. In the header of the second section, insert { SET
pagecount2 { SECTIONPAGES } }, and so on. In the header where you want to
insert the count, use { = { pagecount1 } + { pagecount2 } }.

To insert each pair of field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. To update
selected fields, press F9. Use Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rasmus" <Ras...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Rasmus

Nov 16, 2009, 4:47:03 AM11/16/09

My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im
doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in
columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an independent
section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count for a single
section?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> .

Stefan Blom

Nov 16, 2009, 7:15:24 AM11/16/09

Sorry, I should have clarified that there might be complications when a
section is limited to part of a page. I'm guessing the problem is that you
want the count for one section but it should be displayed in another
section?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rasmus" <Ras...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Rasmus

Nov 17, 2009, 5:22:02 AM11/17/09
Is it possible to send you an exsample. I think it is very dificult to
explain it in word. Maybe a mail or something else?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> .

Stefan Blom

Nov 17, 2009, 8:35:16 AM11/17/09
You can send an example to sbm0...@hotmail.com. In your e-mail, be sure to
include a brief explanation of what you are trying to accomplish.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rasmus" <Ras...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Rasmus

Nov 25, 2009, 5:36:02 AM11/25/09
Hello Stefan
Did you get my mail???

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> .

Stefan Blom

Nov 25, 2009, 5:45:23 AM11/25/09

Yes, I did get your e-mail. Sorry, I haven't had the time to look at the
file yet--I have been busy at work.