CTRL+PageDown keyboard shortcut?

Ed from AZ

Sep 7, 2007, 5:23:10 PM9/7/07
(In Word 2003) I use the CTRL+PageDown keyboard shortcut often to
move page by page through documents. Sometimes, though, it doesn't
move page by page, but from one odd position to another. The Help
files say this should only be for page by page.

Earlier today, I used Find to scan the document for text formatted a
certain way. When I used CTRL+PageDown, it seemed to repeat my Find,
like it was moving through the document by the previous Browse or Find
object. I went to the bottom right corner and set the Browse object
to Page, and now it does go page by page.

Is this a bug? Or is there something I need to reset?

Ed

(PS - sorry if this double-posted. Don't know what's up with my
connection!)

Benjamino5

Sep 7, 2007, 5:40:02 PM9/7/07
This is actually a rather poorly-presented feature in Word. Ctrl-PageDown is
a shortcut for "browsing" through the document. What you're browsing for, a
page, or Find, or whatever, can be changed by the "Select Browse Object"
button.

To find the button, look at the bottom of the vertical scrollbar (the right
side of the window). Beneath the scrollbar, you'll see a little circle button
with a double arrow pointing up above it and another one pointing down. It's
easier to find than I'm making it sound!

Anyway, click on the little circle button and you'll see various options,
including Page, Find, Graphic, Comment, etc. Pick one, and then Ctrl-Page
Down will move you to the next item of whatever type you chose.

Hope this helps,
Ben

Ed from AZ

Sep 7, 2007, 5:47:55 PM9/7/07
Thanks, Ben. That's what I was afraid of!

Ed

On Sep 7, 2:40 pm, Benjamino5 <Benjami...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> > connection!)- Hide quoted text -

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Sep 7, 2007, 8:17:31 PM9/7/07
Fear not!

You can reassign Ctrl+PageDown/PageUp to the desired functions, and then use
the controls on the vertical scrollbar when you actually need "Find
next/prev browse object."

For Ctrl+PageDown, assign the NextPage (listed under All commands in the
Customize keyboard dialog box)

For Ctrl+PageUp, assign PrevPage. (also under All commands)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Ed from AZ" <prof_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

CyberTaz

Sep 8, 2007, 8:18:25 AM9/8/07
Notice the "clue" - When the Browse Objects feature is in the default mode
(Browse by Page) the double arrows are *black* but when you invoke one of
the other Browse By features - such as Find - the double arrows turn *blue*.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/7/07 5:47 PM, in article
1189201675.3...@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "Ed from AZ"

Ed from AZ

Sep 10, 2007, 10:48:27 AM9/10/07
Thanks, Herb! That will save me a little bit of time and a whole lot
more of aggravation!!

Ed