bullets to letters

Tia

Nov 3, 2007, 8:26:00 AM11/3/07
In word, Bullets are being converted into the letter P when I send a document
by email. It appears fine in my computer, but not in theirs. How do I correct
this? Is it a setting on their computer or something wrong with the initial
formatting?

Thanks!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Nov 3, 2007, 9:49:12 AM11/3/07
What font is being used for the bullets? Is this font installed on the
recipient's computer?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Tia" <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tia

Nov 3, 2007, 10:21:02 AM11/3/07

I think I may have figured it out. I didn't create the initial doc so wasn't
sure. It's the latin P - symbol being used as a bullet point, most likely the
font is not installed on the recipient computer.

The font shows as being - WP TypographicSymbols which I thought was on most
editions but guess it may not be. It's a resume so didn't want to send it out
if it's unreadable. Perhaps a different font is better?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Nov 3, 2007, 11:52:00 AM11/3/07
WP Typographic Symbols will be present only if the recipient is a former
WordPerfect user. You'll need to convert *all* WP Typographic Symbols
characters (the common ones include quotes, apostrophes, and dashes) in
order to have the document display correctly on another machine.