Shared file saving-unavailable volume

1 view

decatcher

Aug 24, 2005, 7:09:16 PM8/24/05
When I open a file that is located in a passworded, shared directory on our
Win 98 file server, make changes to the file and then try to Save As a new
file name in same location I get the following error message: The folder
"<path>" isn't accessible. It may be on an unavailable volume, or protected
with a password.
This just started happening on one of our networked Win 2K machines after
the same directory that I opened the original file from?

garfield-n-odie

Aug 24, 2005, 7:52:00 PM8/24/05
If you installed Windows update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability
in server message block could allow remote code execution", try
uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove
Programs. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895900 "You
cannot save a file from your Windows XP-based or Windows
2000-based computer to a shared folder on a file server" for more
information.

decatcher

Aug 25, 2005, 8:11:02 PM8/25/05
I uninstalled the latest MS Win 2000 updates and things ran fine again after
I uninstalled Rollup 1 for SP4. This uninstall also solved a major computer
"slow-down" problem encountered also. Rollup 1 for SP4 so far has been
unimpressive.