Saving documents problem

Joey

Aug 3, 2005, 8:48:20 AM8/3/05
We have a peer to peer connection between a WinXP Prof - Office Std 2003
("PC1" and WinME pc - Office Std 2000 ("PC2"). Main folders exist on PC1 and
shared for access to PC2. PC1 creates a doc, edit the doc, close the doc and
2 minutes later opens it, make changes and cannot save the doc. Even if the
doc is not closed but saved by using Ctrl+S, few minutes later cannot save
again. The folder I am saving to is on PC1 so I should have full rights. I
haven't even closed the file. Same error does not appear on PC2 if you do the
same thing. Error is "The folder g:\data\affdavit - Piet Pompies isn't
accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailable location, protected
with a password, of the filename contains a /a or \. I reformatted PC1
approximately 2 months ago - no further problems until now. Exactly the same
thing happens. I cannot see any temp files or any auto updates, word didn't
hang whilst working. Can anyone help please.

garfield-n-odie

Aug 3, 2005, 1:23:43 PM8/3/05
If you installed Windows update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability
in server message block could allow remote code execution", try
uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove
Programs. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895900 "You
cannot save a file from your Windows XP-based or Windows
2000-based computer to a shared folder on a file server" for more
information.

Joey

Aug 17, 2005, 5:01:01 AM8/17/05
Thank you so much. Problem solved.

garfield-n-odie

Aug 17, 2005, 7:24:32 AM8/17/05
Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.