Properties dialog box doesn't open on save

ironwood

Sep 16, 2004, 12:55:03 PM9/16/04
In Word 97, when you check "prompt for document properties" (in Save options)
the properties dialog box comes up every time you save. In Word 2003 the box
only shows up the first time you save a document (I think). Often I want to
add a note when I re-save a document. I know I can go into Properties in File
and make the change, but I got used to being reminded every time I saved. Is
there a way to get the properties dialog box to come up every time in Word
2003?

Jay Freedman

Sep 16, 2004, 2:05:00 PM9/16/04

You could put a macro like this into your Normal.dot template or an add-in
(see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

Public Sub FileSave()
' force Properties dialog every time
If Options.SavePropertiesPrompt Then
CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=750).Execute
End If
ActiveDocument.Save
End Sub

You might want a similar macro for FileSaveAs to prompt you for that event,
too:

Public Sub FileSaveAs()
' force Properties dialog every time
If Options.SavePropertiesPrompt Then
CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=750).Execute
End If
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
End Sub

In each of these, the properties dialog appears only if you've checked the
option you mentioned.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman