Analyzing your document

dnharris14

Nov 4, 2004, 11:09:05 AM11/4/04
Every time I open a document I get a message in the lower left corner stating
"Word is finishing analyzing your document". What is it analyzing? Is it
necessary? How can one turn it off. It takes a long time to analyze lengthy
documents and seems to be a waste of time. Any insights? Thanks.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Nov 4, 2004, 12:33:39 PM11/4/04
Could it be looking for smart tags? You might want to disable/remove these
from the Smart Tags tab of Tools | AutoCorrect Options.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"dnharris14" <dnhar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Don Harris

Nov 5, 2004, 8:49:05 AM11/5/04
Thank you. I already did that, but when I went back to check, I also clicked
on "save options" then unchecked "embed smart tags". That seems to work.
We'll see with time. Thanks again

Don Harris

Nov 5, 2004, 9:53:04 AM11/5/04
I'm sorry to say after some experimentation, the smart tags thing isn't the
answer. Any other opinions? Thanks

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Nov 5, 2004, 11:15:54 AM11/5/04
What add-ins do you have loaded? (Tools | Templates and Add-ins)

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
all may benefit.

"Don Harris" <DonH...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Don Harris

Nov 5, 2004, 11:51:01 AM11/5/04
I had 3 loaded. PDFMaker.dot, MWork329.dot, which is a specification editing
add-in, and an AIA document add-in which I removed. I thought that solved
the problem, but then I loaded some documents and it happened again. Two
theories now, large docs vs small docs, and docs I created and docs created
on the outside, but nothing is consistent, some do it some don't. I'll keep
plugging. Your ideas have been very helpful. Thank you.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Nov 5, 2004, 1:03:43 PM11/5/04
I would be inclined to wonder about MWork329.dot.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
all may benefit.

"Don Harris" <DonH...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Mar 10, 2006, 6:05:46 PM3/10/06
Thanks for the feedback. We do get the occasional question about this, and
no one knew where it was coming from.

--

"Mad Force" <MadF...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know this is an old topic, but there's not much in they communities on
this
> and I figured I share what fixed it for me.
>
> I uninstalled PDF Complete and the problem went away.

sfie...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2006, 8:46:27 AM3/24/06
I've been having the same problem. For me it turns out to be an add-in:
Dymo LabelWriter. This is a USB label maker that can be shared on the
network. When the app is installed on a pc, it creates two templates in
the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP folder:

AddrFixr.dot
Dymo LabelWriter Add-In.dot

This causes the slowdown and the "analyzing your document" statusbar
message. Renaming them (or uninstalling the app) lets Word load
instantly again. Of course this disables the LabelWriter functionality!
:(

BB

Apr 17, 2007, 12:52:03 PM4/17/07
I to have had this issue come up. I removed another fine Adobe product and
that fixed it. But, he needs it. So, I re-installed it and I informed him
that when he opens the doc to press esc and it will stop the analyzing. He
is able to get into the doc after he does this and continue on. Just another
sneaky feature from Adobe that you can't find a fix for from them. What a
shock.