Why cant I "Save As" in Word 2002 on a peer network

Roberto

Feb 28, 2005, 11:37:03 AM2/28/05
I use to be able to Save As when using a template after changes have been made.
I would make the changes as change the name of the document. Recently i get
a msg stating folder may be in a different location....etc...

garfield-n-odie

Feb 28, 2005, 6:17:57 PM2/28/05
If you installed Windows XP update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability in
server message block could allow remote code execution", try
uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.

Roberto

Mar 2, 2005, 9:17:04 AM3/2/05
Thanks, however Im using w2k pro and the machine the doc is saved on is a win
98.

garfield-n-odie

Mar 2, 2005, 3:39:17 PM3/2/05
I think this update also applies to Windows 2000. Did you look for it
in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs?

Roberto

Mar 5, 2005, 9:11:02 AM3/5/05
Thanks,
Your solution worked like a charm.