Language Display on Status Bar Disappeared

Jim

Apr 1, 2004, 5:45:28 AM4/1/04
I have lost the language display on the status bar - any
idea how to get it back as I work with US and UK English?

Thanks Jim

Beth Melton

Apr 1, 2004, 1:30:11 PM4/1/04
What version of Word are you using?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Jim" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Apr 2, 2004, 3:00:36 AM4/2/04
Apologies - I am using WORD 2003

>.

Beth Melton

Apr 2, 2004, 10:07:44 AM4/2/04
Have you checked under Start/Programs/Microsoft Office/Microsoft
Office Tools/Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings and verified you
have more than one language available?

If you only have one language enabled then you will not see the
language indicator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Apr 2, 2004, 10:43:19 AM4/2/04
Yes - I have English (UK) and English (US) and until
recently I could see which one was applied to each
paragraph/word in WORD 2003. I have checked the help file
and Language is upposed to display on the Status Bar - but
it is not any longer.

How do I turn it back on?

Thanks

>.

Beth Melton

Apr 2, 2004, 11:02:08 AM4/2/04
I would first try exiting Word, removing a language, starting Word,
exiting, and then adding it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

<anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Apr 2, 2004, 6:11:45 PM4/2/04
I've never had more than English (United States) enabled, but I used to see
the language in the Systray. In Control Panel | Regional Options | Input
Locales, if you click on the Language Bar button, you get a dialog in which
you can check "Show the language bar on the desktop" (I have since cleared
that check box).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)