The number must be between 1 and 600

Ed Contini

Feb 19, 2004, 11:21:26 AM2/19/04
Greetings,

I am using Word/Office XP SP-2 on Win 2K.

The following behavior is limited to one particular document.
When I highlight any text and then select Format/Font I receive
this error:

"The number must between 1 and 600."

And then I am unable to modify the font properties of the
selected text.

This error just started happening in this document
(and I've been working in this document for weeks!)
This is not occurring in any other documents.

Ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

Ed Contini
newScale, Inc.

Klaus Linke

Feb 19, 2004, 12:10:39 PM2/19/04
> When I highlight any text and then select Format/Font I receive
> this error:
>
> "The number must between 1 and 600."

Hi Ed,

Look into "Format > Font, Character spacing tab, Scale" and enter "100%".

The scaling can be between 1 and 600 (%).
One reason this can get messed up is when the document came from another
application, and the converter didn't work properly. I've seen cases where
the other application would use a scaling of "0.9" to indicate 90% scaling,
and the import filter just left that as "Scale=0.9".

Greetings,
Klaus

Ed Contini

Feb 19, 2004, 4:19:29 PM2/19/04
Klaus,

You're the man!! Thank you.

- Ed

"Klaus Linke" <in...@fotosatz-kaufmann.de.no.junk> wrote in message

pedan...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 11:13:18 AM5/6/16
I tried this and it isn't working for me. It's a specific header that is corrupt in my style sheet, and I can't fix it to override it on all of the documents that use it.

Please help. My entire library is at risk.

--Monica

samuelrhy...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2016, 5:50:12 AM8/12/16
Found this on another site and it worked for me:

1. Put your cursor on the heading just right of the black box
2. Use the left arrow key on your keyboard to move left until the black box turns grey
3. Use the keyboard combination ctrl+shift+s, the dialog "Apply Styles" should appear
4. In this box, click "reapply"

vitga...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2016, 5:45:24 AM10/14/16
You saved my day. Thanks so much !

phamquo...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2016, 11:33:15 PM10/16/16
Thank a lot, It works :D

masoud...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 1:22:53 PM1/5/17
Tnx alooooooooooooooottttttttt. You are very goooood

erkka...@vtt.fi

Feb 1, 2017, 6:23:58 AM2/1/17
This really helped, thanks for the advice!

trieutie...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2017, 1:37:07 PM3/13/17
Thank you so much for your help. It saved my day!

MeAD

Apr 24, 2017, 2:03:48 PM4/24/17
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!
This was the only thing that worked for our document! You rock!

rafei...@gmail.com

May 20, 2017, 9:13:37 AM5/20/17
Thanks a lot.

good4u.tr...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2018, 4:05:44 AM12/11/18
many thanks , it worked with me, i been too long trying to solve it

nguyend...@gmail.com

May 22, 2019, 11:18:18 PM5/22/19
On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 4:50:12 PM UTC+7, samuelrhy...@gmail.com wrote:
This is amazing. Thank you so much!!!!

hazrat...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2019, 2:49:44 AM12/19/19
Thanks for saving my time :)

medm...@gmail.com

May 2, 2020, 12:24:05 AM5/2/20
On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 4:50:12 PM UTC+7, samuelrhy...@gmail.com wrote:
Best solution! Thanks man!

hoab...@gmail.com

May 28, 2020, 1:12:29 PM5/28/20
You save my date, thanks

min...@vnpay.vn

Jun 10, 2020, 11:37:53 PM6/10/20
Vào 16:50:12 UTC+7 Thứ Sáu, ngày 12 tháng 8 năm 2016, samuelrhy...@gmail.com đã viết:
Thank you in 2020

khanhli...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2020, 10:13:26 PM6/17/20
It works bro.
You are great. You save my day. Thank you a lot.

meh...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2020, 7:20:01 AM7/21/20
you are just amazing. you saved me. thank you

Theeazen Fadhl

Nov 6, 2021, 3:07:02 PM11/6/21
thanks it works properly

Tom Pedersen

May 4, 2022, 2:38:11 AM5/4/22
Still working in 2022, thanks alooot!

Frank Bonghi

May 15, 2023, 12:52:07 AM5/15/23
On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 2:38:11 AM UTC-4, Tom Pedersen wrote:
> Still working in 2022, thanks alooot!
You are the best!!!!!

SanDiego Live

Jun 21, 2023, 4:48:36 PM6/21/23
Nothing here worked for me...can't believe this still happens in 2023 - but, I just Ctrl+A to select all > went into the Font > Advanced, and then changed Scale and Spacing to 100% & Normal - that worked thank God!

SanDiego Live

Jun 21, 2023, 4:49:12 PM6/21/23

SOAC hub

Aug 31, 2023, 4:57:29 AM8/31/23
Pada Jumat, 12 Agustus 2016 pukul 16.50.12 UTC+7, samuelrhy...@gmail.com menulis:
> On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 4:13:18 PM UTC+1, pedan...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I tried this and it isn't working for me. It's a specific header that is corrupt in my style sheet, and I can't fix it to override it on all of the documents that use it.
> >
> > Please help. My entire library is at risk.
> >
> > --Monica
> Found this on another site and it worked for me:
>
> 1. Put your cursor on the heading just right of the black box
> 2. Use the left arrow key on your keyboard to move left until the bla tck box turns grey
> 3. Use the keyboard combination ctrl+shift+s, the dialog "Apply Styles" should appear
> 4. In this box, click "reapply"
its work tank