How can I stop Word from closing when I close a Word file?

flower

Sep 25, 2008, 4:36:11 PM9/25/08

When I close a Word file, the whole program closes. Any ideas about how to
prevent this?

Jay Freedman

Sep 25, 2008, 4:54:24 PM9/25/08

Assuming you're referring to Word 2007, you can add a button for that to the
Quick Access Toolbar by clicking the
Office button, right-clicking the Close item in the menu, and choosing "Add
to Quick Access Toolbar".

Or you can just use the menu item where it is, or press the default keyboard
shortcuts Ctrl+W or Ctrl+F4.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman