Print problems in word 2007

Frank@discussions.microsoft.com Dr. Frank

Jun 8, 2006, 12:24:01 PM6/8/06
I am having problems printing from word 2007 to a HP 1100 printer. It prints
1/4 of the size per page. It works fine on my HP 9130 printer. Any help
would be great.
Thanks
Dr. Frank

SML

Jun 16, 2006, 11:29:02 AM6/16/06

I am having the same problem on my HP 952c. It prints the entire page in the
top left quarter of the page. Intermittently it will print on the whole page
with poor print quality. It only does it in Word 2007. I tried reinstalling
the driver with no luck.

I'm wasting a lot of ink and paper trying to figure this one out.

Anyone?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Jun 20, 2006, 2:28:01 PM6/20/06
Is the document the result of a letter-type mail merge? If so, every page is
1; you have to print specific sections instead.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jon_123" <Jon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Under the topic of print problems in word 2007 when i select to print a
> range i.e pages 1-5 out of 10 pages it prints all ten any ideas anyone?

Jon_123

Jun 20, 2006, 3:05:02 PM6/20/06
No the document is just a standard document

judeur

Jun 30, 2006, 9:42:02 AM6/30/06

judeur

Jun 30, 2006, 9:44:02 AM6/30/06
I have the same problem, so now I copy-paste the 2007 doc. to 2003. Kind of a
roundabout way, but the only one that works.
Help!

Malcolm

Jul 5, 2006, 4:23:01 AM7/5/06
Same problem here, Epson 2100 also tried converting to PDF no joy, this is a
real pain.

Butler

Jul 18, 2006, 2:35:02 PM7/18/06
I have a similar problem, but it prints at 4 times the size. My printer is a
HP photosmart 7762. The problem seems to be when the document is Print
previewed. The way I work around it is to (if it has been print previewed)
reboot the computer, open the document, Save as PDF, then print from Acrobat
Reader. If it hasn't been print previewed, then you can just save the
document as PDF and print from there. I havn't been able to successfully
print directly from Word 07, but I have from Excel 07. Must be something with
HP printers.

>@discussions.microsoft.com > <<<boxy boy>

Aug 1, 2006, 5:21:02 AM8/1/06
Exact same issue. 4 times the size on one page. If I play with the settings
then it reduces to a 1/4 (top left) printout. I have a Lexmark X6170 and a
Canon IP4200 - happens on both.

I did once though have a successful printout. I can't remember what happened
and how I did it...maybe it is the print preview thing. I have a feeling I
just typed the letter and hit quick print and it worked, but I haven't tried
again. I also have a feeling that it gives me this problem each time I "copy
and paste" something into the document.

Anyone had any successful attempts and rectifying this ennoying issue?

RichB

Aug 30, 2006, 10:17:02 PM8/30/06
Similar problem for me with HP920C printer, if I try to print in BEST quality
mode. But when I print in normal or draft mode, the output is scaled
correctly. Really wierd.

rich

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Aug 31, 2006, 4:23:09 AM8/31/06
Hi Rich,

There are some printing buglets in Office 2007 Beta 2. Some are in the program others are in the printer drivers and the Beta pushes
them over the edge a bit. :)

If you set the printer quality resolution prior to starting Word 2007 does that correct the problem? If so you may want to create a
2nd copy of your printer driver and give it a slightly different name so you'll recognize which one is preset to draft mode and
which one to a higher quality mode.

You may also want to check the HP and Windowsupdate site for a newer driver version.

===========
<<"RichB" <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:175E741C-7E09-4920...@microsoft.com...

Similar problem for me with HP920C printer, if I try to print in BEST quality
mode. But when I print in normal or draft mode, the output is scaled
correctly. Really wierd.

rich >>
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

>>*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends<<

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office2007/default.mspx#booksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?AssetID=XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net

Hotchkiss@discussions.microsoft.com Ian Hotchkiss

Sep 30, 2006, 10:26:02 AM9/30/06
Just to confirm I have had a similar problem with an Epson Photo R800 pinter
only printing a quarter the size when changing the printer to photo mode in.
setting the printer preferences to "photo" mode prior to starting word did
work.