Problem saving docs

Alan C

May 20, 2005, 9:00:46 AM5/20/05
I have a new XPpro (sp2) pc with MSO2k3 linked peer-to-peer with my
secretary's Win98se box. 3 folders on the old pc are mapped, and can be
browsed, etc with no problems. However, if I create a new document and
'save as' to one of the map drives it will only save if I use the default
filename (i.e. the first x characters in the doc.). If I change the
filename and click 'save' I get an error 'network path not found'. Same
thing happens if I open a document from a map drive and try to save with a
different name.

Help, please!!!

This message has been checked for all known viruses.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is
intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other
parties without the prior permission of the originator.

garfield-n-odie

May 20, 2005, 1:19:55 PM5/20/05
If you installed Windows update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability in
server message block could allow remote code execution" on the new
computer, try uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel |
Add/Remove Programs. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895900 "You
cannot save a file from your Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based
computer to a shared folder on a file server" for more information.

Alan C

May 20, 2005, 9:45:32 PM5/20/05
Many thanks, Garfield.

"garfield-n-odie" <garfie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message