Windows Remote Desktop

Tuen_mun_2002

Mar 5, 2003, 11:19:02 PM3/5/03
Can I have some way to use Remote Desktop in Windows 2000?

I try to put the installation disk into my CDROM. It loads
a menu, when I choose install remote desktop (somehow I
think it may be ok to let me remote my 2000 machine from
barns in school), finally I can find only the option to
remote to other XP machines!

I try this because I cannot install XP Pro in my machine,
due to some problems all my friends and I don't know.

Bill Sanderson

Mar 5, 2003, 11:30:45 PM3/5/03
You need XP Pro, I'm afraid.

Have you tried out the SETUP newsgroup on your installation problem--that
should be fixable.

"Tuen_mun_2002" <tuen_m...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

AeonTech

Mar 10, 2003, 1:25:45 AM3/10/03
Not true - if you mean you want to use the Windows 2000 as the remote client
to a Win XP host or Win NT/2000/2003 server running Terminal Service.

The 32-bit client from the Win XP CD or Win 2003 .net server CD can be used.
I've used it for Win98, Win2000, WinNT as clients to a Win2000Server.

"On the Windows XP CD, under \SUPPORT\TOOLS you'll find a file called
MSRDPCLI.exe. This file contains the setup for the Terminal Client Software
(Remote Desktop Connection, or MSTSC.exe) for Windows 9x/2000 computers. You
can run this file to install the new terminal services client to perform
Remote Control to your Windows XP Professional computers (And Windows
terminal services servers) from Windows 95/98,..."
Quoted from "Professor Windows"
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/p
rofwin/pw0202.asp

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sa...@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message

Bill Sanderson

Mar 10, 2003, 9:38:31 AM3/10/03
If you re-read the original post, he wants to use Windows 2000 as the host,
because he can't install XP Pro on that machine.

"AeonTech" <SamI...@yahoo.com> wrote in message