Remote Desktop Connection over port 80 only

2.223 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Michael

ungelesen,
03.01.2007, 19:34:0003.01.07
an
Hi,
I have a requirement to connect from within a heavily firewalled network out
to other Windows Servers on the internet. This network only allows
connections out on port 80, 443 and a few other common ports. Terminal
Services port 3389 is blocked as are most others.

Is there a way to do this with Remote Desktop Connections or some other
technology ?

Regards
Michael Green

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

ungelesen,
04.01.2007, 00:07:3304.01.07
an
For security reason, some companies block port 3389. Only your administrator can help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Michael

ungelesen,
04.01.2007, 01:05:0204.01.07
an
These things I already know......

Sooner Al [MVP]

ungelesen,
04.01.2007, 06:06:1204.01.07
an
"Michael" <michae...@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote in message

Have you tried simply appending the open port number, i.e. 80 or 443, to the
address of the PC you want to remotely access/connect to?

your.remotePC.address:443

This presumes..

You have changed the Remote Desktop listening port on the PC

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306759
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304304

...OR...configured port redirection on any firewall/router the PC is behind
to redirect incoming TCP Port 443 traffic to TCP Port 3389. Here is an
example for SSH but you can do the same for Remote Desktop...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/Ssh/SSHPortRedirect.jpg

Another option is to access the remote PC through a VPN. For example I have
accessed my home LAN through an OpenVPN tunnel using a UDP Port like 11503
for example then run Remote Desktop through that.

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

Mike H.

ungelesen,
04.01.2007, 13:10:0104.01.07
an
You could try Xampp Server ( Open source-precompiled ) it states it can
communicate easily through firewalls - uses German technology.
www.apachefriends.org
Good Luck
--
MHHR

Mike H.

ungelesen,
04.01.2007, 13:20:0104.01.07
an
You can use a brand new open server called Xampp. It is reported to be able
to by pass the firewall problem - see www.apachefriends.org
--
MHHR

Shenan Stanley

ungelesen,
04.01.2007, 13:48:4704.01.07
an
<thread snipped>
See the whole thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely/browse_thread/thread/66ed6f9245bfac35/5fbe7fd25772dc99?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#5fbe7fd25772dc99

Mike H. wrote:
> You can use a brand new open server called Xampp. It is reported to

> be able to by pass the firewall problem - see www.4p4ch3fr13nds.0rg

You posted this twice in the same thread because....?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

pbscott

ungelesen,
07.01.2007, 03:26:1707.01.07
an

Michael wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a requirement to connect from within a heavily firewalled network out
> to other Windows Servers on the internet. This network only allows
> connections out on port 80, 443 and a few other common ports. Terminal
> Services port 3389 is blocked as are most others.

Logmein.com works fine for us

0 neue Nachrichten