Media player 10 looks lite...

Kevin (takeit)

Jun 29, 2005, 10:12:02 PM6/29/05
I installed the latest nvidia driver (77.72_win2kxp_english_whql) and now when
I play movies on the media player 10 its very light and the adjustments are
all
nutral. I'm running Asus k8v deluxe 2-geforce 6800 gt 256mem-64bit 3200
up to date on all XP's updates. dirct x is the latest.
Thanks
Kevin AKA Takeit

Kevin (takeit)

Jun 30, 2005, 6:38:07 PM6/30/05
O.k I installed and old driver and Windows Media player 10 works fine, so
it must be the driver from Nvidia....

Just_Lord

Jul 2, 2005, 6:48:01 PM7/2/05
Ok. Here's the deal. I have the same video card and driver. I also
encountered the same issue. The solution is so simple, that you'll probably
be hitting yourself in the head over it.

1. Right click your desktop and select NVIDIA display, then you monitor
will be displayed off to the side. Select it and it will bring up your
NVIDIA properties.

2. Select the Color Correction tab. The section that says Apply color
changes to: will probably be selected to Desktop or Overlay. Change it to
"All".

Voila! Done

Note: I was almost tempted to rollback the driver, but thankfully this did
the trick. I hope after this, you'll be able to continue to enjoy your WMV
10 again :)

Kevin (takeit)

Jul 2, 2005, 8:19:02 PM7/2/05
Thanks that did it ans yes, I am beating my head on the desk och ouch ouch!!!

Kevin (takeit)

Jul 2, 2005, 11:15:02 PM7/2/05
Thanks that also fixed a problem I had with FS2004