Re: help needed!

Cari (MS-MVP)

Oct 2, 2005, 3:54:46 PM10/2/05
Sounds like a PAL vs NTSC issue.

What country are you in?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"DeniseAngel" <Denis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BA36F146-8F9D-42A5...@microsoft.com...
> HI,
> im using movie maker. my camcoder to pc is recognised but in the preview
> window when i try to capture my film is in squares and black and white.
> What
> am i doing wrong, can any one help?
> --
> Thanks, DeniseAngel

DeniseAngel

Oct 3, 2005, 3:06:02 PM10/3/05
I'm in The UK.
--
Thanks,
DeniseAngel

Cari (MS-MVP)

Oct 3, 2005, 6:14:25 PM10/3/05
In Movie Maker, use Tools, Options and ensure you have it set to PAL rather
than NTSC.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"DeniseAngel" <Denis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

DeniseAngel

Oct 4, 2005, 2:46:25 PM10/4/05
I went to options and it was allready set to pal. what do i do now?
Thanks for your help.

Graham Hughes

Oct 6, 2005, 7:51:34 AM10/6/05
Have a look at this page of mine,
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/ProblemPages/CamNotWorkingUnderSP2.htm
Just in case it is relevant, as some pal cmas are recognised as ntsc models
after installing SP2.
If this isn't the case, ie you haven't installed sp2 etc, come back with
details of the cam, age, make etc and the pc..

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"DeniseAngel" <Denis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

DeniseAngel

Oct 8, 2005, 9:56:02 AM10/8/05
Hi, i have SP2 and downloaded the hotfix you sugested, but nothing has
changed.
My cancorder is JVC GR-D260EK Its 2 months old.
My Laptop is Presario 2100, Windows XP. I dont have a firewire port so i'm
useing Belkin Hi-speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator. It's for analog transfering but
my old camcorder (analog) is the same, The picture is in squares. I have also
tried Ulead videostudio to capture form both camcorder's and thats the same
too. I really want to put my holiday footage on a dvd. Please help!
--
Thanks, DeniseAngel

Cari (MS-MVP)

Oct 8, 2005, 12:28:34 PM10/8/05
Get a firewire PCI card. You are having the problem because the USB port
cannot cope with the data transfer rate and you are dropping frames.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"DeniseAngel" <Denis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Graham Hughes

Oct 8, 2005, 3:26:21 PM10/8/05
seconded.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsg...@coribright.com> wrote in message

DeniseAngel

Oct 8, 2005, 4:14:02 PM10/8/05
I thought i might end up having to get a firewire.
Thanks for all your help.
--
Thanks, DeniseAngel