help! lost network connection after installing service pack 1

1 view

Ron C.

Apr 27, 2008, 9:19:00 PM4/27/08
need help asap. Installed winxp on my son's pc. everything was working
fine-had internet and email through a network with linksys router and dsl
modem. then installed service pack 1 and lost my network connection. It
shows the connection and other computers on the network but cannot access
internet,mail or shared folders. If I un-install service pack 1-it works fine
again but then cannot run certain programs like itunes. Need help asap
leaving soon for military deployment overseas and need to have fixed before
I leave !!

Shenan Stanley

Apr 28, 2008, 6:49:08 AM4/28/08

Why did you install Windows XP afresh?

Why are you installing just SP1a when SP2 has been released since 2004 and
SP3 went to manufacturing on April 21st (should be available to the general
public by April 29th 2008.) (Service Packs are cumulative.)

Did you install the proper hardware drivers for each piece of hardware in
the machine from each hardware manufacturer's support web page? (Yes - you
should download and install the hardware device drivers for each piece of
hardware from each hardware manufacturer - motherboard, video card, network
card, etc.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP